Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyborg Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Squinky
Howdy.

I'm working up a cyborg character, trying to piece together all the rules into a "cheat sheet" and some questions have come up that I am unsure of.
I present it to you all for possible interpretation:

1. The hot sim VR user gets +2 to all Matrix actions (p. 229, SR4). bonus. Does it apply to EVERYTHING? (according to the faq, riggers get that bonus )

2. Since Cyborgs have no physical stats, how do they recover (heal) from biofeedback damage?

Thanks for any help.
Karoline
1. So long as it is done via VR, I suppose so. I'm surprised riggers get that bonus too, but whatever.
2. Well, by RAW it seems they'd only get to use willpower to heal. I'd imagine it would be possible to convince most GMs to make it Willpower*2 for a cyborg.
Udoshi
Augmentation has an entire section of handy rules and stat-substitutions for cyborgs. I really suggest you look there.
Squinky
Yeah, I've been researching that area thoroughly. These questions are based off of either what I missed, or what was not covered explicitly per those rules.
Squinky
1. So long as it is done via VR, I suppose so. I'm surprised riggers get that bonus too, but whatever.

It felt cheesy to me, because everything they do is in VR. smile.gif but I guess thats the way it works. My character will be an adult brain, so this will kind of even out
with the -1 Iwill get to my real skills.

2. Well, by RAW it seems they'd only get to use willpower to heal. I'd imagine it would be possible to convince most GMs to make it Willpower*2 for a cyborg.

Guess thats a start. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012