Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scary Flaw/Skill Combos
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
REM
! Ph34r n0 0n3!!111
Feyd 47
Oh yes, since being vindictive to your johnson, team mates and the world in general is going to get you by nice and easy.
k1tsune
QUOTE (Feyd 47)
Oh yes, since being vindictive to your johnson, team mates and the world in general is going to get you by nice and easy.

I was thinking NPC's and things. Also people in my sometime-in-the-future immoral campaign.
Feyd 47
Furry muff, or is that fairy snuff? i can never remember..

If we aren't talking about flaws at the moment and we go to edges one of the frightening combo's my current character has is the ambidexterous edge (lvl 8 ) and is currently using a katana and wakizashi combo. His Katana is a signature weapon (his skill with that is 9 eek.gif) and his edged weapons skill is 6. In melee combat, with both swords drawn, he's rolling 12 dice minimum, that's before he starts adding combat pool eek.gif. I won't even mention the fact that those swords are dikoted.... woops.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Feyd 47)
Furry muff, or is that fairy snuff? i can never remember..

If we aren't talking about flaws at the moment and we go to edges one of the frightening combo's my current character has is the ambidexterous edge (lvl 8 ) and is currently using a katana and wakizashi combo. His Katana is a signature weapon (his skill with that is 9 eek.gif) and his edged weapons skill is 6. In melee combat, with both swords drawn, he's rolling 12 dice minimum, that's before he starts adding combat pool eek.gif. I won't even mention the fact that those swords are dikoted.... woops.

Hmm... tempting. I'm very bad with math. Can you break down how the rolls might look for attacking with someone like that?

moosegod
He dies.
Feyd 47
Who dies? the person my character attacks or my character himself?

Anyway, to Mr. Freeman, here's the average thingamajig you're after (i think):

Take my blade bunny street sam character against an average sword wielding human (edged weapons 4, body 4 for sake of argument). Without adding any combat pool to my street sams attack you're looking at 12 dice as standard for dual weapon combat (signature weapon katana 9 + (edged weapons 6 /2) = 12) you're looking at an average 6 successes for my guy and 2 for the average human for a net of 4 successes. Bearing in mind that my character's lead weapon is in his strength 6 cyber arm, his dikoted katana is doing 10S damage at base, with 4 successes, thats 10D and then some. Considering that not many people take large amounts of impact armour around with them, it ain't looking good for the poor average human with a body of 4...
toturi
4 words: Immunity to Normal Weapons
Feyd 47
This i understand (the character has just fought a vampiric pawn recently). However the character was not designed to be able to kill everything. Hell, he's not going after no dragon even with his skills! Yeah, anything with about 2 levels or more of immunity to normal weapons is going to survive his attack, but that's the way it goes omae.
toturi
Excuse me but Immunity to Normal Weapons do not have levels. what are you talking about?
Feyd 47
clearly, i'm talking out of my ass. Sorry about the levels thing, but it was described to me once upon a time (as i don't have the critters book) that the immunity to normal weapons gives you ballistic/impact rating of 2/2 per level. so if it don't have levels, i'll be blowed as to how it works. Care to enlighten me?
toturi
Immune to damage from normal weapons with power no greater than (Essense or Force)*2.
Feyd 47
I know i said that it's not a big deal that my character can't get through it but all i can say now is EEEP! eek.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (k1tsune)
QUOTE (moosegod @ Feb 16 2004, 07:55 PM)
I hope the GM gave him karma for his theft.

Assuming he stole the stats and everything else.

The GM being myself. I'm not stealing it. I'm not touching it with a 20 foot pole. I just could.

You're not his only GM, you know... vegm.gif

~J
REM
hmmm no either i get scared or i go on beliveing that god loves me....
I have a feeling i can be sooo screwed. wobble.gif
k1tsune
QUOTE (REM)
hmmm no either i get scared or i go on beliveing that god loves me....
I have a feeling i can be sooo screwed. wobble.gif

Bad God. *Thwacks Jon*
Panzergeist
Invoking and Spirit Bane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012