Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ideas For Cyberware That Just Never Made It
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Johnny Demonic
As most of us have either ran a game of SR or played in one, did you ever hear of a cool idea for cyberware that someone wanted to make or have that got shot down, yet was a bitching idea? For instance if you were the ref and was like awesome but too unbalancing for my game! Sorry! Or you yourself or someone else was like I have an idea that goes like this........ but the ref said "NOPE!"

Or any ideas you had but never bothered to ever flesh out. Just a barebone concept that floated in your mind or for a specific genre that you weren't playing so you never got it.
Ancient History
A nanite hive for oxyrush so the PC could go "breatharian."
Phaeton
Nasal flamethrower.

Just hope ya don't sneeze! grinbig.gif

And ask Sahandrian about something called "the Drunken Master Hot Dog Stand." Lots of insane, random ideas for practically all manner of gear there.
Zazen
One player wanted to have a character who was a brain in a jar so that he could live in a custom walker drone that he was perpetually rigging. Naturally he crammed all kinds of crap onto it including 10 points of vehicle armor (and used up about 10 times the normal CF capacity of the drone) and took flaws like quadriplegic, dark secret (is a brain in a jar sarcastic.gif ), etc.

This is the same player that had an albino night one rigger decker physmage face with about 10 Essence worth of headware and rigging equipment at no essence cost because they were contained in false breasts, almost every edge in the book, and a natural quickness and charisma of around 15 ohplease.gif

I guess this doesn't really qualify as an idea I thought was "cool", but it certainly was shot down.
Phaeton
....That's just OMGWTF, right there, that albino night one thingamabob. That's even more OMGWTF than Sahandrian's old group's munchkin Neo-wannabe physad...
Zazen
I forgot another fun detail of that character. The player used something like 50 or 60 quickness for several games before I (as a brand-new player to RPGs in general) noticed and informed him that the "x 3" number was his running multiplier, not a multiplier to determine final quickness.
REM
a cyber penis, with built in smg.
^_^ just an idea of my own that i never really proposed seriously.
Centurion
*Insert calibur joke here*
Kagetenshi
The recoil would hurt a teensy bit, wouldn't you think?

~J
Digital Heroin
That's remiscent of a request one of my players made once... he had a homophobic character, who wanted a rectal shotgun...
Centurion
*Insert explosive diarrhea joke here*
TheScamp
"Blow it out your ass," is what I would have said to that.
REM
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)

~J

yeah just a bit.
Hey would Masochist be a flaw or an edge......
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Centurion)
*Insert calibur joke here*

+ shooting blanks joke.
Phaeton
QUOTE (REM)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Feb 14 2004, 09:42 PM)

~J

yeah just a bit.

Flaw. Check out Isle of Shadows.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (REM)

I had a PC with a cyber-penis with a built-in smartlink II, rangefinder, "venom" sacs, and it was prehensile.
Kagetenshi
Did it have rigger adaptation and a remote control interface?

~J
Cray74
Player: "I'm getting dikoted titanium bonelacing..."
GM: "...You are?"
Me: [long winded explanation of nanite deposition of bonelacing not being compatible with dikoting]
Player: "So, instead, the doctor cut the character open over each long bone, and just bolts on the bonelacing..."
GM: "No."

Glav
A character wanted to be a gene experiment gone wrong...where scientists infused cat DNA into his female character's body. He claimed it would be like being like an elf, except with cat ears, a light coating of fur, and being human.

I said no. wink.gif This was before the age of changelings, of course. Otherwise he probably would have just done that...
Digital Heroin
Guys who want to be catgirls scare me... I've known a few...
The game I'm in scares me, and yes there was cat girls.

And strange dice rules, and way to much power gaming. And just sick things. But I need to play shadowrun. So I deal, currently I am running a game, and if you live in the area give me a personal message. I'd have no problem with seeing your character, modifying it if I have a problem, and telling you that you need a background if you want in.

Ummmm okay, so about the cyberware a multitasking, enchapeon, with interlinking with two smartlinks(every piece of cyberware has routers to every other piece). I figure this is what Argent has, so that he can use both his smartguns at once.
REM
QUOTE (Phaeton)
QUOTE (REM @ Feb 14 2004, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Feb 14 2004, 09:42 PM)

~J

yeah just a bit.

Flaw. Check out Isle of Shadows.

thanks.
k1tsune
QUOTE (REM)

I remember that! "Wanna see my cyberlimb?"
Hecatonchires
The furry obsessed really freak me out sometimes. Besides I remember reading in one of the older SR books (think first edition) that you could get cosmetic surgery to make you look like almost anything. (cat people, demons, ect...)

As for cyberware that never made it. I always wanted to have a cyber-skull with "robotic bunny ears" with camera on the ends so I could look around corners without getting shot. The GM said something about the extra visual input would drive me schizophrenic or something (I was heniously pissed.) If anyone has a way to deal with multiple sensory input that's canon, let me know. I don't think it's covered in MM.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Hecatonchires @ Feb 16 2004, 06:11 AM)
The furry obsessed really freak me out sometimes.  Besides I remember reading in one of the older SR books (think first edition) that you could get cosmetic surgery to make you look like almost anything.  (cat people, demons, ect...)

As for cyberware that never made it.  I always wanted to have a cyber-skull with "robotic bunny ears" with camera on the ends so I could look around corners without getting shot.  The GM said something about the extra visual input would drive me schizophrenic or something (I was heniously pissed.)  If anyone has a way to deal with multiple sensory input that's canon, let me know.  I don't think it's covered in MM.

afaik some of the books even mention getting cyber eyes, etc in unusual places. Sometimes you have to deal with modifiers to try to act if you keep the extra eye open though, due to disorientation. You could get a cyber eye in the palm of your hand and use it to look around corners.

I'm going to take a modified gun cam in a flashlight casing and use it with my induction datajack for that purpose, though.
Hecatonchires
I thought it was bullshit at the time I just didn't know the rules well enough to call him out on it. Thanks though.

Interesting idea for the induction datajack, props for creative thinking. I might use that.
Fortune
QUOTE (Hecatonchires)
I thought it was bullshit at the time I just didn't know the rules well enough to call him out on it. Thanks though.

Check out Independant Cybereyes in M&M.
nezumi
Once again, CYBPERUNK!! They have the eyes on stalks, as well as having multiple eyes (since they effectively have a CF rating on cybereyes), more diverse limbs, full cyborg rules etc. I'm so tempted to incorporate some of that stuff, but you'd have to give magic a wicked boost to keep up.
Shockwave_IIc
A/V stalks, not even cyberware really, a mounting sitting on your shoulders (frequently built in armour) controller via data jack. just look at any Appleseed Anime.
Siege
You mean a camera on a stick?

But with more bells and whistles...

-Siege
Shockwave_IIc
Simply
moosegod
But that would be simple, silly man.

We can't have that.
REM
woah. This is another good idea. How about putting a grapple gunt in a cyber arm.
Seems realistic enough for me. then you can get the whole scorpian effect.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (moosegod)
But that would be simple, silly man.

We can't have that.

Damn sorry My Bad, i was thinking wasn't I? I've been told about that, i should know better...

biggrin.gif
Fahr
I didn't say no, but one of my (insane) pcs got antenna mounted on her head as the transmitters for ECM and ECCM mounted in an arm, very short range, but really funny...

did I mention that the charechter was nuts.... I made her fly to amsterdam, find a beta clinic pay a ridiculous amount of money for them, because she wanted the antena to be under consoius control... and I figured it had to be a one of a kind, cause no one else would ever want them...

-Mike R.
simonw2000
A navel datajack! rotfl.gif Not bad, eh?
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (simonw2000)

and if you ever got hit in the stomach, requiring you repair the 'jack, you could honestly tell people you took light navel damage and survived.
Siege
QUOTE (simonw2000)

A Navel datajack? I'd prefer one that doesn't require someone to drop the soap before use...

-Siege
k1tsune
QUOTE (Siege)
A Navel datajack? I'd prefer one that doesn't require someone to drop the soap before use...

-Siege

Better than an anal datajack.
Siege
QUOTE (k1tsune)
QUOTE (Siege @ Feb 16 2004, 03:25 PM)
A Navel datajack?  I'd prefer one that doesn't require someone to drop the soap before use...

-Siege

That was the butt of my joke -- Navy, homosexuals, the infamous "dropped soap in the shower".

Sorry, obscure references.

-Siege
k1tsune
QUOTE (Siege)
QUOTE (k1tsune @ Feb 16 2004, 08:26 PM)
A Navel datajack?  I'd prefer one that doesn't require someone to drop the soap before use...

-Siege

That was the butt of my joke -- Navy, homosexuals, the infamous "dropped soap in the shower".

-Siege

wobble.gif I'm kinda.. slow.
Siege
QUOTE (k1tsune)
QUOTE (Siege @ Feb 16 2004, 03:28 PM)

-Siege

-Siege

I guess REM might get that head start after all. grinbig.gif

-Siege
k1tsune
QUOTE (Siege)
QUOTE (k1tsune @ Feb 16 2004, 08:30 PM)

wobble.gif  I'm kinda.. slow.

-Siege

sarcastic.gif
REM
QUOTE (Siege)
QUOTE (k1tsune @ Feb 16 2004, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (Siege @ Feb 16 2004, 03:28 PM)

-Siege

-Siege

-Siege

hmm speaking of datajacks in strang places......
you could theoreticaly put one in even more intresting ones.
Reighnhell
Retractible CyberArm Chainsaw! I actually got away with that one.Did some kind of sick damage but was expensive plus kiss stealth goodbuy when using it.
simonw2000
Speaking of Naval damage, which book is that in?
Fahr
Rigger 3

edit: just fast enough!

-Mike R.
Kagetenshi
Rigger 3. Where else?

~J
Diesel
Damn you Kag. It took me four minutes to type "Rigger". Damn youuuu!
moosegod
Anyways, to discuss the point of the thread...

I heard of a player playing a woman who got cyber spurs on her knees. Pointing inwards. Yeah, the player was playing a rape victim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012