Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 Fillable PDF Character Sheet by Chinagreenelvis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
chinagreenelvis
Moved to http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=33839
Yerameyahu
I'm eager to review it. Thanks in advance. smile.gif
Method
Wow! Nice work chinagreenelvis! Thanks for posting. I will have to pass this on to my group next weekend!

Edit: the dice roller is also neat.
chinagreenelvis
Awesome, thanks. I can already see that there are other tweaks and adjustments that I'm going to have to make, but it's late and I'm tired, so check back for updates...
Method
QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Apr 18 2010, 11:11 PM) *
Awesome, thanks. I can already see that there are other tweaks and adjustments that I'm going to have to make, but it's late and I'm tired, so check back for updates...
Will do. If I notice anything I'll let you know.
Saint Sithney
You might also want to post it to the community projects forum as well, so that it doesn't get lost here amongst the traffic.

Also, the sheet is awesome. ...but, could you add a negative modifier box for calculating physical track? It could fill in for those weird occurrences, like Neoteny for Gnomes and Changelings. smile.gif
chinagreenelvis
A-posting I will go.

You can actually enter negative numbers into the "Additional Physical" or "Additional Stun" boxes and it will subtract the appropriate amount. Is there something that could replace the word "additional" to illustrate that better?
Yerameyahu
Perhaps a build code version number is in order, as you make tweaks. smile.gif
chinagreenelvis
Interesting, I see that this thread is also available in the Community Projects section. I assume it must be cloned or linked since it appears identical in both sections. Either way, whoever took care of that - thanks.

As of the latest update, I've included a version number in the Acrobat properties info. Great suggestion.

EDIT: Ah, I see the thread was simply moved. That works too!
Minchandre
I wish that this forum had karma, so I could give you some. This is awesome!
Nyost Akasuke
QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Apr 19 2010, 08:14 AM) *
A-posting I will go.

You can actually enter negative numbers into the "Additional Physical" or "Additional Stun" boxes and it will subtract the appropriate amount. Is there something that could replace the word "additional" to illustrate that better?

Can't think of any, but I imagine ''modifier'' would be an appropriate (and commonly used) word.

Also, awesome sheet man. Makes me wish I had a printer.
chinagreenelvis
Ah, modifier is a good word. I'll keep that in mind for 0.5. I guess this sheet could technically work on paper as well. Never thought of it being used that way...
bernardo
Most excellent work!

Just one thing I found weird (under personal data): character class?? grinbig.gif
chinagreenelvis
Class, I figured was the best way of stating a characters paradigm - Mage, Rigger, Samurai, Hacker, etc., though I can see how the "Occupation" box may make that confusing. That one is for if a character has income from something other than shadowrunning. "Arms Dealer", "Private Detective", "Stripper", whatever suits your fancy.
bernardo
QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Apr 19 2010, 04:41 PM) *
Class, I figured was the best way of stating a characters paradigm - Mage, Rigger, Samurai, Hacker, etc., though I can see how the "Occupation" box may make that confusing. That one is for if a character has income from something other than shadowrunning. "Arms Dealer", "Private Detective", "Stripper", whatever suits your fancy.

I understood that. I was just kidding because people around this forum often see "classes" as part of that game that gives you cancer...

What about "Archetype"?
chinagreenelvis
Oh, hah - I see. Archetype works better, I think. Another change for 0.5.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Apr 19 2010, 12:41 PM) *

My level 8 Street Samurai blasts the minions with his +2 Franchi SPAS shotgun on max choke! grinbig.gif
chinagreenelvis
But how does he fare against a gazebo?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
After the party has had an extended rest: just fine. We'd use up all our action points though. wink.gif
chinagreenelvis
Updated again.
chinagreenelvis
test
Sidney
Ah those without laptops flipping through pages.
fazzamar
I'm going to try and use my second wind during the next encounter, as long as my Rigger isn't out of healing surges. Although, do using second wind while jumped in repair the drone or the rigger?
Tachi
Could you enable saving a filled form?

Other than that, I like it very much.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Tachi @ Jun 3 2010, 04:08 AM) *
Could you enable saving a filled form?

Other than that, I like it very much.

That's part of the Adobe thing. Reader can't save. You need a full version of Adobe Acrobat pro suite to save.

The availability rating on Adobe softs isn't that high..
Tachi
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jun 4 2010, 10:59 AM) *
That's part of the Adobe thing. Reader can't save. You need a full version of Adobe Acrobat pro suite to save.

Oh, ok. Thx.
chinagreenelvis
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jun 4 2010, 05:59 PM) *

Actually, the form should be savable, even in Adobe Reader. I tested this with a friend. If you're having problems, I don't know why...
SnakeChomp
QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Jun 11 2010, 03:57 PM) *
Actually, the form should be savable, even in Adobe Reader. I tested this with a friend. If you're having problems, I don't know why...

My adobe reader 9.3 is not letting me save data typed into the form. I have a different character sheet that does let me save datat, so it must be something with the pdf charsheet itself and not reader.

In your working version of the pdf what does the security tab of document properties say in the document restrictions summary? For me it is:

Printing: allowed
Document assmebly: not allowed
content copying: allowed
content copying for accessibility: allowed
page extraction: allowed
commenting: not allowed
filling of form fields: allowed
signing: not allowed
creation of template pages: not allowed

I just downloaded the pdf today but the version listed in the pdf is 0.64 even though the changelog says the latest is 0.65. Probably just forgot to update the version number. Modified date shows 5/01/10 9:27:18 pm.
chinagreenelvis
Hm. Funny, I must have uploaded the wrong file while drinking or something. Damn shame that's been up so long. Try it now!
Martin_DeVries_Institute
Voila! That did it. Excellent work CGE, this thing is beautiful.
chinagreenelvis
Thanks, unfortunately it's still got a few bugs to be worked out (see the to-do list in the first post), and I've also got a few more things that could be added (damage tracks for drones, for instance) but check back and hopefully the kinks will be worked out soon. Haven't had a lot of time on my hands to get around to it.
Tachi
Yeah, must have been the wrong download, cuz it's savable now. Thanks CGE, good stuff.
chinagreenelvis
Major changes uploaded. Fixed the mistakes in initiate and submerged levels/increased magic as well as a few other things. As far as I know this version should be mistake-free, but if anyone finds any issues please let me know.
Tachi
Link doesn't seem to be working.
chinagreenelvis
Hm. Works for me. Perhaps my server was down momentarily or is temporarily unreachable from your corner of the internets?
Tachi
Took quite a few tries, buy it finally worked. Odd, I had no problem getting to anything else all day yesterday, and no other problems so far today. Finicky internets need a spanking.
naga-nuyen
This is a work of art, thank you so much and take care-Naga-Nuyen
ShadowWalker
I love this character sheet.
I would love to see the page with the techomancer/mage stuff on it split out into two pages, with room for the complex forms on the bottom, for the technomancer and spells for mages.
If I had the software to change it, and the skill it took to do the layout for it, I would make this change myself, but alas I have neither. smile.gif
chinagreenelvis
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Sep 16 2010, 03:26 AM) *
I love this character sheet.
I would love to see the page with the techomancer/mage stuff on it split out into two pages, with room for the complex forms on the bottom, for the technomancer and spells for mages.
If I had the software to change it, and the skill it took to do the layout for it, I would make this change myself, but alas I have neither. smile.gif

Thanks for the input. I'm actually on top of this - I'm going to be posting the new version soon, and the technomancer/mage pages have indeed been split as one of the major changes.
Tyro
Impressive!
Reg06
I'm having an issue with the sheet. When filling out fields the total box does not auto fill, and I am unable to fill it myself (e.g. I have 5 Agility +1 Augmented, but the Augmented column will not fill.). Does anyone know why this is happening, or a fix?
chinagreenelvis
QUOTE (Reg06 @ Oct 11 2010, 06:27 PM) *
I'm having an issue with the sheet. When filling out fields the total box does not auto fill, and I am unable to fill it myself (e.g. I have 5 Agility +1 Augmented, but the Augmented column will not fill.). Does anyone know why this is happening, or a fix?

I can't imagine why you're having this issue. Are you using Adobe Reader or Acrobat, and which version? Not sure that it should matter, but what version of Windows are you running?

I can open up the .pdf in a web browser window and the attribute values still calculate properly, even with nothing else filled in. You should also be able to enter specifically positive or negative values (+1, -1) in the augmentation column and the calculations would still work.
chinagreenelvis
Also, sorry to anyone waiting on the new version. I've been majorly distracted, but I hope to get on it this week and have it out sometime this month.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Nov 8 2010, 01:42 PM) *
Also, sorry to anyone waiting on the new version. I've been majorly distracted, but I hope to get on it this week and have it out sometime this month.

Can't wait! No really I can't, we can have it tomorrow right? smile.gif lol
Cube
I think the knowledge skill section is messed up...
It keeps defaulting to interest.
chinagreenelvis
Moved to http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=33839
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012