Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Bioware Assistance
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Xahn Borealis
I'm coming up with a Macguffin for a campaign, which is the bioware equivalent of a skillwire. The way I see it, high-level corpers love bioware because it's expensive and not as obvious, and would want something like a skillwire without getting cybered. (It IS a lot of Essence) So, in step Innatech (made up corp), with the Skillworm! I thought a symbiont would be a good idea, but I don't understand the difference between Leech Ectosymbionts and Endosymbionts. I'm guessing the latter is internal while leeches are external?

So here's what I'm asking for. A bit of fluff on how it works, or where it would be implanted. I'm thinking it should only be available for individual skills, so you'd have a Pistols Skillworm, or a Con Skillworm. I'm just not sure what rating you should get the skill at. I was also thinking Prices, Availability and Essence Costs of 50,000¥, 24 and 0.5, respectively.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Dr.Rockso
Aren't there already bio skillwires called reflex recorders? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm AFB.
Stahlseele
Reflex Recorders do not GRANT skills.
They Grant EXTRA DICE to the Skills.
Xahn Borealis
This discussion intended for this thread
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=30845
Ol' Scratch
Genetic Infusions would be the way to go, in my opinion. The point of Skillwires is that they give you temporary access to skills, and that's pretty much what a Genetic Infusion would do unless you get particularly lucky with an Essence+Edge roll. You normally wouldn't have to worry about Essence loss at all, and you could lower the price dramatically based on the duration you give them since they're only a temporary measure under normal circumstances. It also makes them a truly unique option with their own particular niche in the implant market; basically "skill drugs."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012