Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Detect Life range seems off -- touch?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Patrick the Gnome
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Apr 27 2010, 12:53 AM) *
Between those two replies, I'd like to point out that IF you're using the custom spell rules in Street Magic, you can save two drain by tacking on a 'caster only' limiter to the spell. Sure, you can't feel up a party member to give them a mana-dar of some sort, but hey, two drain.

.... of course, if you're willing to bump the drain up by two, there are some amusing applications for changing various Detect Xyz spells from Touch to LOS. A mage could give anyone they could see a force 1(which needs 4 hits on a perception test to spot the casting) Detect X(Enemies, Life, Spirits, Singles, Idiots, non-humans - the list goes on) and watch them tweak. Or a wizard hooked up to a Mage Sight Security System(arsenal) could use the same trick and some custom formulae to buff, heal and reinforce security personell on the fly. Just something to think about.

It depends on how the mage is doing the buffing. All Health spells are touch range, you can't make them LOS even with the custom spell creation rules, so no healing through mage sight goggles and no buffing with anything except manipulation spells.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Aerospider @ Apr 26 2010, 06:47 PM) *
lol, getting all deep on us DR?

Actually, I like this tack (which is not to say I agree ... yet). I think there is a lot of even-handed debate to be had on what form of information the spell reads.

It's all just fun mental exercise. smile.gif I think it's good to explore the options and thinking of everyone because I can't think of all the good ideas on my own. When it comes down to it, when in a game it's nice to have some unexpected options to offer everyone, and all these discussions make for some great ideas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012