Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quebec Ork Mercenary
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
kjones
I'll put in another plug for Arsenal and note that it has some really nice martial arts rules. They're both nifty from a fluff perspective and useful from a crunch perspective.
Tyxe
Wired reflexes cannot be combined with any other form of Initiative enhancement, except Reaction Enhancers.
So for me you don't gain the +1 reaction bonus of the Suprathyroid Gland ( will be too powerfull otherwise IMHO ).
Glyph
I consider things such as the suprathyroid gland or the adept increased attribute power to be increases to the attribute rather than explicit initiative enhancements. Admittedly, it is a gray area.
Tyxe
The interest of reaction enhancers decrease if you allow the reaction bonus.
Moreover you increase the interest of synaptic booster over wired reflexes.
But admittedly, it is a gray area spin.gif
PS : just realized we must never mess with a dragon ( especially a no moving target like me ) wobble.gif
Delarn
I'm really 3rd ed for Bioware. If the supratyroid is injecting enzyme in the body that allow a quicker reaction of the nerves and that Wired reflex is electronically stimulating those boosted nerves ... I can be wrong on that one.
Whipstitch
QUOTE (Smokeskin @ Apr 29 2010, 02:32 AM) *
I never got this kind of thinking. Sure, if you're designing something for a military campaign, dropping pistols could work. But for mirror shades work, often you can't get away with lugging a machine pistol around. So you're going to go unarmed instead? Getting semi-auto pistols at 3 costs just 6 BP or 4 for 10 BP, that's a bargain, gives you a ton of options for concealed carry, legal carry (only limited fake ID backgrounds justify automatic licenses), and if you have to go somewhere unarmed and things turn south chances are the first gun you liberate will be a pistol.

But in mirror shades work it also becomes doubly important to avoid redundant skills so that you can actually perform well in things that don't involve just shooting people right in the face. So, yeah, there's drawbacks to only being familiar with a certain class of weaponry, but overall I find the drawbacks to be less severe than say, not knowing how to slice a basic maglock or how to shmooze a li'l with social skills. Having a couple of firearm skills isn't bad, per se, but the opportunity cost leads me to consider it a luxury at best. It's the sort of thing that back in the day I may have had a SkillSoft for, but that'd be as far as I went.
Delarn
I plan to have Adapsin... Does it actually helps regain essences with threatment ?
Dakka Dakka
Nope it only reduces the essence cost of cyberware which is implanted later. there is only one way to regain essence, Revitalization.
Karoline
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ May 4 2010, 07:06 AM) *
Nope it only reduces the essence cost of cyberware which is implanted later. there is only one way to regain essence, Revitalization.

I think it also reduces the essence cost of any cyberware that you currently have as well, which would leave you with an essence hole.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Karoline @ May 4 2010, 06:44 PM) *
I think it also reduces the essence cost of any cyberware that you currently have as well, which would leave you with an essence hole.
Not that I know of:
QUOTE ('Augmentation p. 90')
Adapsin reduces the Essence cost of implanting cyberware (but not bioware) by 10% (round normally) if the subject has previously undergone adapsin EPE treatment. This reduction is in addition to reductions from alpha-, beta- or delta-grade cyberware.

And not to forget:
QUOTE ('Augmentation p. 90')
Adapsin is new to the market in 2070 and should not be available at character creation.

Karoline
*shrug* somewhat unclear I suppose. I've just taken it to mean 'cyberware costs 10% less essence'. You could after all pull your cyberware out, then put it back in and get the reduction if you want to go strictly by RAW to get the benefit, I just don't see why that would be required. The treatment makes your body more accepting of ware, it shouldn't matter if the ware is put in before or after the treatment.
Dakka Dakka
Agreed.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ May 4 2010, 11:06 AM) *

If the Essence is lost by other means than implants (Essence drain, likely also burnout-level addiction), it can as well be regained by Cellular Repair.

Otherwise, you are correct, of course.
Even if the GM would decide that Adapsin reduces the Essence cost of previously installed ware (which is a good decision if you want to give cybered characters a little boost), it would leave the character with an Essence hole that either can be healed by Revitalization or filled with other ware.
Delarn
Thanks guys !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012