Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dunkelzahn's Will
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Brazilian_Shinobi
So, after reading Daddy's Little Ninja's topic I started reading The Annotated Dunkelzahn's Will again. One thing caugh my atention:

To the first party who successfully cultivates the Brazilian kiwi outside its native environment, I leave 10 million nuyen and funds for further research to be provided by the Draco Foundation.
The Brazilian kiwi is rumored to have hallucinogenic properties, but is also typically infested with a type of Awakened spider. Some companies have tried to cultivate them, it is unknown if they have yet succeeded.

Now, I have to ask, is this brazilian kiwi a new fruit brought back to life after the Awakening? Because while there are kiwi plantantions in Brazil, kiwi is native to the Indochina region.
GrimWulf
Uhm.. yes?

The majority of the Will is meant to simply be plot hooks. This type of stuff is up to the GM to fill the holes to make a story. I wouldn't be expecting a lot of heavy rules throughout the Will.
Brazilian_Shinobi
Well, since we have no SoLA I was expecting some of the scholars of the forum to shed some light for me. Considering how small details are given to the setting I hope someone could say something (for instance, what this Awakened spider does?)
I Hate All Life
Dunkelzahn's Will
Section III
Subsection 21
Item 9 of 32

Contact the ork Gerard T. Rosenburg of 4283 Indianapolis, Maryland. He will be given the following instructions:

Take a plane to Bangor, Maine as soon as possible. Procure burlap sack and 6-10 doorknobs from local hardware store; you will find one on the corner of 34th Street and Spruce. Place doorknobs in sack and tie off end. Take cab to 732 32nd Street, apartment A13. You will find a litter of puppies there. Beat the red puppy with the white left paw to death with the doorknob-sack bludgeon. Subdue or incapacitate anyone that tries to prevent this. Return to your home in Indianapolis; legal action will not be taken against you, all this is taken care of.

All Mr. Rosenburg's expenses will be paid, and he will be given 12,000 nuyen.gif upon completion of this mission. If he fails to accomplish the tasks set out for him, a 32,000 nuyen.gif bounty will be placed on him.

The ways of dragons are unknowable to us mere mortals...
Dumori
Big D was crazy XD.
Ancient History
I remember when, I remember
I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place
Even your emotions have an echo in astral space

And when you're out there without care
Yeah, I was out of touch
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
I just knew too much

Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Possibly

And I hope that you are
Having the time of your life
But think twice
That's my only advice

Come on now, who do you
Who do you, who do you, who do you think you are?
Ha ha ha, bless your soul
You really think you're in control?

Well, I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
Just like me

My heroes had my heart
To put their lives out on a limb
And all I remember
Is thinking, I want to be like them

Ever since I was little
Ever since I was little
It looked like fun
And it's no shadowrun I've done
And when I die my will will be done

But maybe I'm crazy
Maybe you're crazy
Maybe we're crazy
Probably

With apologies to Gnarls Barkley.
MADness
So I was reading through a section of 3e, and was reading about SINs. It was that it's based on an algorithm that includes initials, birth date, birth place, gender, family lineage, and other such stuff. Has anyone else tried to decipher the SIN in the will?
TomDowd
On a related note, shortly after resuming my spying here at Dumpshock I personally had a grand old time reading through the Ancient Files and particularly Dunkelzahn's Will. I had no idea someone had correlated that data and it was fun to read. smile.gif

TomD
Ancient History
It's actually a little out of date, I need to give the whole website a once over. Also: squee!
darthmord
QUOTE (TomDowd @ May 4 2010, 10:36 AM) *
On a related note, shortly after resuming my spying here at Dumpshock I personally had a grand old time reading through the Ancient Files and particularly Dunkelzahn's Will. I had no idea someone had correlated that data and it was fun to read. smile.gif

TomD

The Ancient Files are an amazing resource! Even if they are out-of-date, they are still *very* useful.
Stahlseele
Also, a fun read too, which is way important, because learning boring stuff is boring and learning fun stuff is fun and thus works much better ^^
Angelone
To Kara Lazear, I leave 160,000 nuyen and the deed to 1428 Elm Street, Phoenix, Pueblo Corporate Council

1428 Elm Street is the address from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies.
BookWyrm
I think the phrase is; If one attempts to fathom the mind of a Dragon, one must be prepared to drown in miscomprehension.
JTNLANGE
I want to know what is in the damn steel boxes! spin.gif

Trevor
BookWyrm
One contains a spirit in the form of a cat, summoned by the mage Schrodinger. The rest contain the complete Shadowrun works.
outlawpoet
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 4 2010, 11:43 AM) *
It's actually a little out of date, I need to give the whole website a once over. Also: squee!

I've probably read the whole website a few times now, but an update would be amazing, if only so I wouldn't have to be sad every time you reference a character or plotline who is dead now (in 2072).

frown.gif

RIP Captain Chaos. My favorite Shadow-character.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ May 4 2010, 05:20 PM) *
One contains a spirit in the form of a cat, summoned by the mage Schrodinger.

rotfl.gif I ALMOST gave away that I was not working right now with this joke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012