Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much does a runner get paid per run?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ May 12 2010, 11:40 AM) *
That makes a bit of sense I guess... Can't argue any of that really...
And yeah, I am not going to hold my breath for a Dumb Negotiator, especially one that is throwing around that many dice...

Keep the Fatih

The nuyen/hr value is really a great thing to tell whether your character would be inclined to do something that makes money. All you have to do is determine how many hours your character -wants- to work in a year. Divide that into how much your character needs to maintain his lifestyle plus savings (savings meaning nuyen saved or spent on non-lifestyle expenses). That essentially will give you a value your character applies as the worth of his free time.

You need 180,000 nuyen.gif a year for your lifestyle and you want to get 60,000 nuyen.gif in savings/goodies, but you only want to spend 25% of the 7,008hrs available working, then you need to earn 240,000 :nuyen over 1,752 hours. That means your character values his time at about 137/hr. If it's less than that, don't accept it unless you're really strapped for cash.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ May 12 2010, 09:50 AM) *
The nuyen/hr value is really a great thing to tell whether your character would be inclined to do something that makes money. All you have to do is determine how many hours your character -wants- to work in a year. Divide that into how much your character needs to maintain his lifestyle plus savings (savings meaning nuyen saved or spent on non-lifestyle expenses). That essentially will give you a value your character applies as the worth of his free time.

You need 180,000 nuyen.gif a year for your lifestyle and you want to get 60,000 nuyen.gif in savings/goodies, but you only want to spend 25% of the 7,008hrs available working, then you need to earn 240,000 :nuyen over 1,752 hours. That means your character values his time at about 137/hr. If it's less than that, don't accept it unless you're really strapped for cash.

Indeed...

Keep the Faith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012