Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why IPs?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
tete
QUOTE (Whipstitch @ May 18 2010, 01:55 AM) *
I always mix that stuff up when it comes to the nitty gritty of the older edition rules. I was on the outside looking in when it comes to earlier editions due to age and location. Never really got a chance to play much but I got to look through a LOT of source books due to an older friend and a rather nice LGS owner. Still, you know what I mean; back in earlier editions being wired up required a bigger sacrifice than you have to make get the equivalent SR4 tech, and purportedly a samurai could waltz into a room, geek a guy and then tip his hat to the poor sod's wife on the way out before the mundos have a chance to draw. Not sure if I want that in my games.

Heh no problem, I had the 1e Street Sam Catalog sitting on my shelf for years before I knew what it was for wink.gif
Being an old timer I have mixed feelings on the 2e to 3e change, it was easier to track and more fun for non initiative monkeys but it no longer fit the fluff.
Arguably though the rules never did fit the fluff... Cus Street Sams were always using katanas despite being out in the Redmond Barrens and having plenty of ammo.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ May 17 2010, 11:45 PM) *
I think I'll just leave this here.

Really, I should update it with some of these suggestions.

I like all the titles. "Your guns suffer from a bad case of Physics" hehe.

(Reminds me once again of Alpha Omega's Raust Roomcleaner. Full auto fires 4 "shells" per action (as many as 1 per 1 second) each shell fires 5 10mm steel spheres (as per narrow burst). Shells are self-recycled through a magnetic feed from a backpack ammo container. Heavy Duty backpacks hold up to 80 kg. 80 kg of steel spheres 10mm in diameter gives us a carry capacity of just under 20,000 spheres (was something like 19826--don't recall the exact figure offhand; varies slightly on steel quality--volume doesn't figure in, the spheres pack down dense enough to only fill 1/3rd the volume of the backpack). 20,000 spheres fired at 20 per second gives us an operating time of 1000 seconds, or about 16 minutes. I want a gun that I can full auto for 16 minutes* before needing to reload.)

*Interesting side note: for a gun to operate like this, assuming best theoretical efficiency on a pneumatic firing system and electrical storage, over 120% of the gun's listed mass would need to be a battery for it to operate this long in Real Life.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Dumori @ May 17 2010, 02:11 PM) *
I have to say Dr. Funkenstein's method seams mighty fun.

Thanks. That's what I tend to go. I mean, if a game isn't fun, why bother playing?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012