Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Warlordtheft
See below:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100520/od_nm/...ustralia_ninjas

Next we will have drop bears attacking..... rotate.gif
Draco18s
Awesome!
BookWyrm
This is proof that ninjas are EVERYWHERE!
Whipstitch
The problem is that logically speaking they cannot be ninjas. Somebody saw them. For that to happen they have to be doing something important, like jump kicking a helicopter.
kanislatrans
unless they were real ninjas disguised as fake ninjas....a most ninja like trick i suspect. grinbig.gif
Snow_Fox
I read this earlier, it's almost as good as the guys trying to rob a bar full of off duty cops.

Oh to be the fly on the wall when the muggers saw what was coming for them.
Rand
Hi-larious!
nemafow
Hah yeah I read that yesterday, sent it to one of my friends that practices ninjitsu
Lithium
Ninjas

Spiderman, The Flash and Jedi!

Oh my!
The Tarasque
I am surprised that the instructor is not being sued by the ninjas parents for endangering them. But then this wasnt in the usa either.
Draco18s
QUOTE (The Tarasque @ May 26 2010, 07:23 AM) *
I am surprised that the instructor is not being sued by the ninjas parents for endangering them. But then this wasnt in the usa either.

They're training in martial arts. The entire point of which is how not to get hurt in those kinds of situations.
Dread Moores
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 26 2010, 10:30 AM) *
They're training in martial arts. The entire point of which is how not to get hurt in those kinds of situations.

That's really not the point of martial arts in a whole lot of McDojos here in the states.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Dread Moores @ May 26 2010, 10:46 AM) *
That's really not the point of martial arts in a whole lot of McDojos here in the states.

Also remember that this is the states. "When in America, do as Americans do: sue everybody!"

I mean for gods' sake, a guy sued McDonalds because he spilled coffee in his lap.
Neraph
QUOTE (Dread Moores @ May 26 2010, 09:46 AM) *

Emphasis added. There's your problem.
Backgammon
For those who haven't seen it, this is what a group of ninjas looks like
nemafow
QUOTE (Backgammon @ May 27 2010, 09:39 AM) *

Hahah very nice
knasser
QUOTE (The Tarasque @ May 26 2010, 12:23 PM) *

It's not like the instructor drove them toward the muggers with whips. I can try and persuade my mates to join me in storming the British embassy, but it's still up to them whether or not they agree. If society considers culpability to lie with the person who says "do this" and not at all with the people who say "okay", then society is sick and needs help.

IMO.

K.
Neraph
QUOTE (Backgammon @ May 26 2010, 05:39 PM) *

This is how it looks when they ambush you at home.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 26 2010, 06:51 AM) *
Also remember that this is the states. "When in America, do as Americans do: sue everybody!"

I mean for gods' sake, a guy sued McDonalds because he spilled coffee in his lap.

Actually, the coffee machine malfunctioned to the point where it produced a slurry of superheated heated sugar and flavoring so hot that it melted through the cup and on to the woman's lap where it gave her 3rd degree burns on her lady bits so bad that it took 3 rounds of plastic surgery to clear the scar-tissue blockage which sealed her urethra shut.

It burned her pee hole closed.
Suing for damages is not so outrageous.
Lansdren
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ May 27 2010, 09:17 AM) *
Actually, the coffee machine malfunctioned to the point where it produced a slurry of superheated heated sugar and flavoring so hot that it melted through the cup and on to the woman's lap where it gave her 3rd degree burns on her lady bits so bad that it took 3 rounds of plastic surgery to clear the scar-tissue blockage which sealed her urethra shut.

Ok now that was a image i didnt need this early in the morning when ever one around me has just got fresh coffee
Whipstitch
Actually, Lansdren, you're pretty safe! The only other bad coffee burn case I know of that settled clearly in the victim's favor happened back in the '90s, when it turned out that McDonald's was keeping their coffee roughly 50-60 degrees hotter than pretty much anywhere else on the planet did back at the time that case went to trial. Now, it's widely known in the restaurant industry that once you're keeping things at 140 degrees or higher, you're heading into burn hazard territory. Meanwhile at the ranch, McDonald's had a company wide mandated temp of 180 degrees, minimum.

Ouch.
Tiny Deev
Come on guys, these aren't real ninjas. Real ninja's would either be giant turtles, or invisible. Everyone knows that.
merashin
QUOTE (Neraph @ May 26 2010, 10:50 PM) *

there are no ninjas in that picture, haven't you heard of the inverse ninja law. The law states that the more ninjas there are in one area, the less powerful they are. A room full of ninjas are unable to beat a flea in armed combat, let alone hide from plain sight.
Draco18s
QUOTE (merashin @ May 27 2010, 04:58 AM) *
there are no ninjas in that picture, haven't you heard of the inverse ninja law. The law states that the more ninjas there are in one area, the less powerful they are. A room full of ninjas are unable to beat a flea in armed combat, let alone hide from plain sight.

Then how do you explain the ninja convention?
Neraph
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ May 27 2010, 03:17 AM) *

I believe he was referring to the man who spilled coffee in his lap in his car after receiving it back in the late-ish 90s.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Neraph @ May 27 2010, 10:50 AM) *
I believe he was referring to the man who spilled coffee in his lap in his car after receiving it back in the late-ish 90s.

I was indeed.

QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 26 2010, 09:51 AM) *

He sued because "no one told him his hot coffee was hot."
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 27 2010, 10:25 AM) *
Then how do you explain the ninja convention?

Well it's kinda like when you go to a party and everyone is wearing the same thing.
How embarrassing must it be to sneak into the convention only to realize there are a good 499 other ninjas disguised as empty chairs?
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ May 27 2010, 03:29 PM) *
How embarrassing must it be to sneak into the convention only to realize there are a good 499 other ninjas disguised as empty chairs?

Or your the 500th, but the only one disguised as a potted plant. Talk about ninja fasion faux paus! silly.gif
The Dragon Girl
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ May 27 2010, 03:17 AM) *

Wasn't a malfunction. They well knew the coffee was that hot, and there had been multiple lawsuits with injuries settled under the table, this one went to court with the express purpose to force them to lower the temperature of their coffee below two hundred F
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (The Dragon Girl @ May 27 2010, 01:28 PM) *
Wasn't a malfunction. They well knew the coffee was that hot, and there had been multiple lawsuits with injuries settled under the table, this one went to court with the express purpose to force them to lower the temperature of their coffee below two hundred F

...and it was still finally settled under the table. wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012