Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Cyberlimb question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
KarmaInferno
Have a question about Cyberlimbs as presented in M&M and how they interact with attribute-boosting magic.

Let's say you have a Quickness 4 character with a Quickness 8 cyberarm, averaging to a Quickness 5.

You cast Increase Cybered Quickness on him for, let's say +2 Quickness.

Which of these occurs?
1) His normal Quickness becomes 6 but his cyberarm stays at 8.
2) His normal Quickness becomes 6 and his cyberarm becomes 10.
3) His normal Quickness stays at 4 but his cyberarm becomes 10.
4) The individual Quickness ratings do not change but his "average" Quickness becomes 7.
5) Something else happens.

I really am confused, help!

~3 with an increase in the average. IMO+TBSFMA
Crusher Bob
I'll got for 2.
There is nothing preventing you from casting 'increase cyber quickness' on non-cyber people, it'll work just fine, but you'll need to deal with the higher drain.
KarmaInferno
Now that begs another question:

If it raises both the cybered and non-cybered attributes, wel, we have two different target numbers involved here, a 4 and an 8.

Since how big a boost you get is based on number of sucesses, what happens if you get 4 successful dice for TN 8 (the cyberarm) and 8 successful dice for TN 4 (the natural rating)?

Hmm... indifferent.gif

well, if the spell is "Increase Cybered Attribute" I would have to say the target number should be the cybered attribute...so it'd be 8, in this case.
RedmondLarry
Since different parts of the body can have different Quickness, and there are already rules for how that works, I would just give the one spell different TNs for the different parts. In much the same way that one Manaball, with one Spellcasting roll by a magician, can have different TNs for different people within the area of affect.

The Increased Cyber Quickness spell might then have 7 successes on the main part of the body, and only 2 successes on the Quickness-8 Cyberlimb. This one spell would then raise the Quickness of the main part of the body by 3 (half the successes) and the limb by only 1.

Just a suggestion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012