Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Improvised Weapons & Secondary Effects
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
stevebugge
So long time no post, good to see things are still kicking around here.

I was reading through various news items around the interwebs and stumbled on someones first person account of how they thwarted being mugged by throwing thier coffee at the would be mugger buying enough time to get to his pistol. This got me thinking about Improvised Weapons in the game system. There is a great table for the approximate damage all sorts of objects would do, but what about things that would do little or know damage but might produce a nice secondary effect? As anyone for example tried using the Streert Magic elemental effects or some of the secondary effects from toxins and applying them to everyday objects?

Basically has anyone got a good mechanic for resolving the efrfect of a successful throw test of a Triple Grande Extra Hot Latte to the Face?
Kanada Ten
Surprise Test bonus?
stevebugge
That's a pretty good idea, I'm really trying to keep it as simple as possible but still have it be more than just windowdressing for a fight scene
Hand-E-Food
QUOTE ("Arsenal p19-20")
IMPROVISED THROWING WEAPONS
The Improvised Throwing Weapons table offers a sampling of possible throwing weapons and their potential effects. Gamemasters can adjust these effects as appropriate and apply negative dice pool modifiers of up to –3 to the Throwing Weapons Test for clumsy or exceptionally heavy items.

I'd suggest:
  • Range modifiers: Short -0 STR/2; Medium -1 STR; Long -3 STR*1.5; Extended -6 STR*2.
  • The attack has a -1 dice pool modifier as the weapon is a liquid.
  • The attack is dodged with Reaction.
  • If the attack hits, it does 1S damage, resisted by Body + Impact Armour.
  • If the attack does any damage after resistance, and the target was not expecting combat, he is startled and goes last in his next Initiative Pass.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012