Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Defense in melee
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Yerameyahu
I feel like the combination of the -3 for firing in melee (inc. the rule/house-rule of no Point Blank?), the Reaction they get to dodge, and the potential +Dodge they also get pretty solidly handle the difficulty of hitting someone with the bullet. It's not like the 'realities of the situation' are being ignored.

Dodging is literally what's happening, after all. Grabbing their gun is a whole separate thing, hence the disarm attempt action.
Mäx
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jun 16 2010, 03:29 PM) *
Fortunately it doesn't work that way. The advantages only lets you "reduce the ranged combat “attacker in melee combat” modifier", not generally add dice, just as with recoil compensation. Otherwise you could get a ridiculous amount of bonus dice with enough Karma: +2 from fire Fight, +1 form Krav Maga, +1 from Hassidut, +1 ROSS for a total of +5 silly.gif

Yes i know how it works.
That original -1 was from the calculation -3(atacker in melee) + 2(point-blank) = -1 if you reduce the attacker in melee modifier then the end result rises all the way to +2 if you have 3 of those advantages redusing it.

QUOTE (Dumori @ Jun 16 2010, 05:39 PM) *
You DON'T get point blank when in melee. So it's more a -5 mod.

Could you please show where the rules say that, becouse i definedly can't find anythink even succesting that.
Medicineman
Roughly translated from the German BBB (I'm not that good at it)
Point Blank:
Attacker gets +2 Dicepool .Please Regard that this Modifier can be nullified(aufgehoben) by the
Attacker in Melee Modifier

That means If your Target is within 1 Meter +2 Mod,but If you're both in Melee no Point Blank but Melee Modifier instead

with a rough Dance
Medicineman
Mäx
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jun 16 2010, 09:17 PM) *
Point Blank:
Attacker gets +2 Dicepool .Please Regard that this Modifier can be nullified(aufgehoben) by the

That means If your Target is within 1 Meter +2 Mod,but If you're both in Melee no Point Blank but Melee Modifier instead

with a rough Dance
Medicineman

Heres the english version for SR4A
[b]Target Point-Blank[/b]
A target within one meter can be difficult to miss; apply a +2 dice pool modifier to the attack.
Note that this may be offset by the Attacker in Melee Combat modifier

So it works just like I said, you get +2 but you also get the 3 from attacer in melee combat so you end up with -1 from being point-blank and in melee.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jun 16 2010, 02:17 PM) *
Point Blank:

with a rough Dance
Medicineman

The language in the SR4A BBB is "offset". I read that as a net -1.

EDIT: What Max said. My quotes from earlier in this post are cut & pasted from my PDF copy of the SR4A BBB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012