Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custome built melee weapons
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Neraph
QUOTE (Falanin @ Jun 24 2010, 07:01 PM) *
Sure, I'll pay that much for an explosive that doesn't scatter as long as I get 1 net hit on my throwing test ('cuz I stuck 'im!) I have terrible luck with scatter rolls.

Granted you could probably make it cheaper. If there's a way to build it that I could still use in a missions game, I'd be all over it.

It's not cheaper, but it's a legal way to get exploding shuriken into a Missions game:
Shuriken - 30 nuyen.gif
Weapon Commlink (Meta Link) - 1,100 nuyen.gif
Area-Effect Self-Destruct for the commlink - 10,000 nuyen.gif
Explosive Shuriken - 11,130 nuyen.gif .

EDIT: You can get it 10 nuyen.gif cheaper if you change it from a shuriken to a throwing dagger.
FireHand
LOL... yeah, I'm going right on out to pick me up one of them! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Cabral
QUOTE (Falanin @ Jun 24 2010, 07:01 PM) *
Sure, I'll pay that much for an explosive that doesn't scatter as long as I get 1 net hit on my throwing test ('cuz I stuck 'im!) I have terrible luck with scatter rolls.

Granted you could probably make it cheaper. If there's a way to build it that I could still use in a missions game, I'd be all over it.

Alright, let's if this works:
Survival knife - 50 (built -in compartment - not siure of capacity)
Radio detonator & .5 kg of r12 explosive. I think that'll run you 640.
If that fits into the knife, you've got a base damage of 3, but I believe you trading +5 AP for -2 AP. From there, you can increase the DV with net hits from Demolitions (see Arsenal, Improvised Explosives). Though I'm fuzzy on how you get net hits on an extended test.

The cheapest route would be if you could stuff a mini-frag grenade in the knife's handle.

You may wish to look at the last paragraph of the underbarrel weapon mod to see if there is enough wiggle room there.
Yerameyahu
Don't forget, it has to be balanced for throwing. biggrin.gif
Cabral
No, it doesn't. See Arsenal for improvised throwing weapons, including knives.
Yerameyahu
I assumed the OP wanted them to be good. It wasn't a rules statement. (Silly me, on Dumpshock?)
crash2029
Should I stop posting nonstandard melee weapons here? If I am derailing/distracting I'd like to know so I can stop.
Stahlseele
No no no . . keep doing it . . deraling is part of what makes this dumpshock after all . .
It's an excercise in willpower to still be able to follow the main thread even with derailings.
Also, we need more non standard weapons. especially, if they are fun ones . .
After having read up on some of those whacky india weapons, i want to see more like that.
Xahn Borealis
If anything, you're the only one NOT derailing/distracting! Look at the topic title.
Neraph
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jun 25 2010, 02:40 PM) *
If anything, you're the only one NOT derailing/distracting! Look at the topic title.

I came as close to taking offense to that as anything that may have offended me online ever. (kinda) I think I did fairly well.

To continue to contribute, I'll post some of the gear I have drawn up:

Lancer
[ Spoiler ]

Chainsword
[ Spoiler ]

Gatling Laser
[ Spoiler ]

.... It occurs to me that the last one wasn't a melee weapon, but I was on a roll there. And gatling lasers deserve to be in-game.
Mäx
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jun 26 2010, 06:46 AM) *
Gatling Laser
[ Spoiler ]

.... It occurs to me that the last one wasn't a melee weapon, but I was on a roll there. And gatling lasers deserve to be in-game.

I dont think this one is kosher according the RAW becouse of the following line from the star of firing selection change mod
This modifi cation is not available for weapons using unusual loading mechanisms or exotic ammunition

But Gatling lasers are awesome and that should prump pesky rules grinbig.gif
crash2029
Glad I'm not distracting. Very well then...

Flail
Str/2+4P | AP 0 | Reach 1 | Av 4 | Price 150 nuyen.gif

-

Horseman's Pick
Str/2+2 | AP -2 | Reach 1 | Av 4 | Price 150 nuyen.gif

-

Talwar
Str/2+3 | AP 0 | Reach 1 | Av 4 | Price 350 nuyen.gif

-

Commando Knife
Str/2+1P | AP -1 | Reach 0 | Av 3 | Price 155 nuyen.gif

-

Yatagan
Str/2+3 | AP 0 | Reach 1 | Av 4 | Price 350 nuyen.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jun 26 2010, 03:17 AM) *
I dont think this one is kosher according the RAW becouse of the following line from the star of firing selection change mod

But Gatling lasers are awesome and that should prump pesky rules grinbig.gif

I know, that's why I added the sentence (fragment) at the end. It was slightly unclear as to the meaning though...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012