Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pregnancy In the Shadows
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
the-medic-cross
Have any people out there ever had the problem with one of your charactrs gtting pregnant and not wanting to get rid of it, currently one of the girls is pregnant and not sure how to deal. Any house rules out there??
Yerameyahu
There was a thread about this last month, yes. smile.gif
hermit
Have any people out there ever had the problem with one of your charactrs gtting pregnant and not wanting to get rid of it, currently one of the girls is pregnant and not sure how to deal. Any house rules out there??

Not getting pregnant in the first place is the best idea in the shadows... it's not like there aren't biomods or sufficiently advanced preservatives in SR.

Other than that, the respective thread holds a number of good house rules.
the-medic-cross
Sorry haven't been on in a while this is the first time in ages I didn't see another thread
hermit
No problem, this wasn't intended as a more polite "use the damn search fuction, noob". Just an information. smile.gif
Nifft
It's a fine excuse for a hacker / rigger to go full-immersion lifestyle for ~6 months, or for a magician to participate using astral projection & spirits for that same duration.
Yerameyahu
Like they need an excuse. smile.gif
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (the-medic-cross @ Jul 1 2010, 05:45 PM) *

1) Leave it alone? Let it be as big a deal as they want to make it?
2) Or you can go the other way, have bad guys start targeting her/ the baby. Sucks but it's shadowrun. Not care bears. Bad guys often capitalize on any advantage they can. If she's slower, or less dexterous, they can take advantage of it.

3) Have something 'happen' where she looses it. It sucks but sometimes baby's just go. The life of a Shadowrunner is NOT conducive to carrying a baby to term. Car chases, hand to hand combat, bullets, all bad for babies.

But the thing is, the only way to GET pregnant in SR is to WANT to be pregnant. They even have male BC pills and the like. So chances are your PLAYER wants um pregnant. You can pull them aside and be like 'Man (( or Woman)) this is really freakin' me out. I don't wanna have to deal with this shit." Most players will work with you. Those that wont...

Shoot um. Drop a tank on um. Have a Juggernaut eat um. Something.
Mr. Mage
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Jul 1 2010, 06:59 PM) *
But the thing is, the only way to GET pregnant in SR is to WANT to be pregnant. They even have male BC pills and the like. So chances are your PLAYER wants um pregnant. You can pull them aside and be like 'Man (( or Woman)) this is really freakin' me out. I don't wanna have to deal with this shit." Most players will work with you. Those that wont...

Shoot um. Drop a tank on um. Have a Juggernaut eat um. Something.

Yes.

You could simply retire the character and have the player start a new one.
Blue DragonFly
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Jul 1 2010, 05:59 PM) *
But the thing is, the only way to GET pregnant in SR is to WANT to be pregnant.

My GM made my character "pregnant" once for plot reasons. Turned out to be a weird symbiote a cult used to bring about evil spirits but I digress. Everyone was in on it too. He had all the other players working to make me believe my character was magically pregnant.

Was an awesome game though.
Yerameyahu
Hurk! frown.gif
Pepsi Jedi
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Blue DragonFly @ Jul 1 2010, 06:18 PM) *
My GM made my character "pregnant" once for plot reasons. Turned out to be a weird symbiote a cult used to bring about evil spirits but I digress. Everyone was in on it too. He had all the other players working to make me believe my character was magically pregnant.

Was an awesome game though.

Was your character male?
Blue DragonFly
Nope, all girl.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (the-medic-cross @ Jul 1 2010, 11:45 PM) *

Get her a cloning tank. wobble.gif
Ancient History
Drunken bellypunching contest.
TheOOB
The fact that those words are a link frighten me
Mr. Mage
That....bu.....dude!...WTF! that is so frikin sad!
hermit
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Jul 2 2010, 04:33 PM) *

She really should have rented an incubator when her womb would meet the limits.

Nice take on this, though. Have a player in my group whose sammy lost her child in a similar manner (she blamed the orthoskin and shocks from the adrenalin pump kicking in twice a day, though) via player's decision.
wind_in_the_stones
QUOTE (the-medic-cross @ Jul 1 2010, 04:45 PM) *

The player should have some ideas. If s/he thinks this is a cool idea, ask him/her how they think it should be handled. If they don't have any ideas, tell them you're going to take a pass, and nix the idea.
CanRay
Morning Sickness and Shadowruns don't mix.

I mean, honestly, what are you going to do? Ask the Security Guards to hold a moment while you run to the bathroom?
Doc Chase
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 6 2010, 08:05 PM) *
Morning Sickness and Shadowruns don't mix.

I mean, honestly, what are you going to do? Ask the Security Guards to hold a moment while you run to the bathroom?

Pppfff. What kind of runner is infiltrating a corporate facility in the morning?
Biffles
Surprised no one has posted the link to the thread from a few months ago already, but since I was the one that created it, here it is:

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=31059

The topic was about a pregnant magician who would also be the face of the group. So we're dealing with drain on top of all the other issues of a pregnant shadowrunner.

Here's the replies that helped me the most:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...st&p=926715

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...st&p=926722
Backgammon
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Jul 6 2010, 03:10 PM) *
Pppfff. What kind of runner is infiltrating a corporate facility in the morning?

Actually morning sickness is a misnomer, it's any-time-of-day sickness. However, you can take (rather expensive) pills for that.
kanislatrans
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Jul 6 2010, 06:05 PM) *
Actually morning sickness is a misnomer, it's any-time-of-day sickness. However, you can take (rather expensive) pills for that.

seconded. Wife had the 1500 heaves with our first. Had 0700, 1100, 1500 and 2100 heaves with this one. You could set a watch by by her running for the bathroom.

I would hate to have to deal with a preggers on a run. Its painful enough to deal with such things in RL.*grin*

CanRay
If you could afford pills like that, what are you doing in the Shadows? nyahnyah.gif
The Dragon Girl
..heh. If I were her I would do one last high risk, big pay off job, and retire for a bit. You either die, lose the baby, or it works.

Of course -my- girl waited till she was retired to even think about it, on account of being pregnant while running is a stupid move.
hermit
Of course -my- girl waited till she was retired to even think about it, on account of being pregnant while running is a stupid move.

Seems like the sensible way to go, especially with reversible sterility bioware. Gets rid of the monthly bleeding too, I'd assume - which any sensible runner would want, given how otherwise sensor rules would screw her over (and contemporary contraceptive implants seem to work to that end too and make it yearly, according to one of my players).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012