Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can a free spirit bind a weapon focus?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
augmentin
Pretty self explanatory. Help please...
Maelstrome
im pretty sure spirits cant bind any focus. i sold my books earlier this week but im sure it mentions it in the free spirit section of runners companion.
Maelstrome
flipping double post.
Lanlaorn
Free and Ally spirits are both Magicians, they rules specifically mention they gain the Magician quality. As such they should be able to bind any focus RAW. This, of course, is most obvious with a Free Spirit PC.

But Ally spirits can't gain karma the way Free spirits can, so while they have the ability to bind a focus, I don't see how they would get the resources to do so.
Abstruse
Only if both the spirit and the weapon focus are dikoted.

QUOTE (Lanlaorn @ Jul 9 2010, 07:45 PM) *
Free and Ally spirits are both Magicians, they rules specifically mention they gain the Magician quality. As such they should be able to bind any focus RAW. This, of course, is most obvious with a Free Spirit PC.

But Ally spirits can't gain karma the way Free spirits can, so while they have the ability to bind a focus, I don't see how they would get the resources to do so.

You could house-rule they can bind foci using karma from the magician, similar to how he/she has to spend karma to teach the ally new spells. It is a reflection of the magician after all.
Maelstrome
QUOTE (Lanlaorn @ Jul 9 2010, 09:45 PM) *

if you have runners companion, check the section on free spirit pcs. im positive it states spirits cannot bind focuses. i played a free spirit and had no focuses and im sure it was because i couldnt. as i said i sold my books so i cant check. id appreciate it if someone with the book could take a look.
Traul
QUOTE (Maelstrome @ Jul 10 2010, 03:34 AM) *
im pretty sure spirits cant bind any focus. i sold my books earlier this week but im sure it mentions it in the free spirit section of runners companion.

Yes, p.92, Free Spirit Magic.
Maelstrome
QUOTE (Traul @ Jul 9 2010, 09:55 PM) *

thank you for that.
augmentin
QUOTE (Traul @ Jul 9 2010, 08:55 PM) *

Well don't I feel foolish. There it is in B&W. Thanks so much!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012