Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Fate of all Sinners
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
fistandantilus4.0
Rage filled eyes burn back into Sinn.
"Stranger"?Stranger!! I am your wife, bastard! More than that whore ever was! Do you think she ever appreciated you!? Not like I did!! NEVER like I did! You were mine! You are mine! You're my husband! I claimed you!

The woman's grip gets tighter and tighter, well past the point of painful, her mask and burning eyes inches from her face.
That was why she had to die! She never appreciated you! Not like I did! Now give me back LIFE! You took it from me! Give me your life, my love! Sacrifice yourself for me! You did it once! Opened your own veins, just for a taste of freedom! Open them again! Open them for me!
The look of mad rage has already changed to one of mad love, ecstatic glee, locked behind a never changing mask. Sinn can feel the heat of her, so much unlike the rest of the cool room and the figures he passed before.
Even as Sinn struggles and begins forming spells, he's suddenly aware of the press around him, of the dozens of other dancers swarming around. Before panic or plan can settle in, his maddened dance partner is suddenly pulled bodily off of him, six or more masked figures pulling her back, kickign and screaming, into the swell of bodies of costumes until she's swallowed from sight, her screams still trailing behind.

You OWE me! You owe me a life! You're my LOVE! Cut your heart out for me! Show me your love! SHOW ME!
Her voice trails away, and is suddenly silenced.
SinN
Sinn adjusts his coat, looks around the room at the on-lookers. Offering a bit of comic releif, he shrugs and states:
We used to date.

He begins to walk through the crowd once more, searching for Dante. Looking for anything to set him apart from everyone else.
fistandantilus4.0
Sinn moves through the crowd slowly, the press of bodies restricting him all around. The swirl of colors and costumes threatening to send Sinn into a vertigo, it's hard to focus on any one individual. All around, masks and elaborate costumes great him, black, empty eyes hidden behind the facades look back into him, showing a strange hunger.
Even with the huge crowd, it's hard for Sinn to feel anything but isolated. It's as if every dancer at the ball is watching him, empty eyes all around the room, watching him. Following him.

As the long minutes roll by, Sinn trying to watch the massive clock at the rear of the hall, a small rift open in the crowd ahead of him. It's disturbingly easy to move through the sudden space, the dancers watching with a disturbing level of interest.

Sinn moves through the crowd, suddenly spotting a figure of interest at the end. "He" is tall, in a sharp tailed suit and top hat. The black suit and black mask contrast sharply with the light skin and white ascot. The figure sketches a brief bow, still keeping his head up enough to keep "his" eyes on Sinn. As Sinn moves slowy towards him, his voice can clearly be heard even through the crowd.

Hello old man. Nice of you to make it.
SinN
He observes the "man" closely.

Its one of them..

Well, the ride in was Hell. But, I hear the drinks are fantastic.
fistandantilus4.0
Would you care for one? I haven't yet tonight, but I hear the spirits here are wonderful.
He gestures towards a near wall where a part in the dancers reveals a small buffet table with bottles of wine and hors d'oeuvres laid out. As before when someone spoke to him directly, there suddenly seems to be a little more space for him to move, the other revelers inconspicuosly making space for them. Even though no one seems to be looking directly at him, all eyes feel like they are on Sinn.

I had heard you were ... "back in town". the "man" said after a moment. You'd been gone a while. No one was really sure what had happened to you. I was starting to wonder if you'd ever come back.
SinN
Sinn raises an eyebrow.

I suppose here, that could mean just about anywhere.
He moves towards the man, but passed him. Still speaking, just remaining observant.

And I suppose Ive done something to you. Something horrible no doubt. You should know, I make no excuses. Im here to take penance for what Ive done to those who were apart of my world. If that means anything to you.

Sinn examines the man, looking for any indication, and clue to someone from his past.
fistandantilus4.0
Perception Test (Not Visual)

"Done something" to me? That sounds like a guilty conscience. I wasn't aware that you had either. The cloaked 'man' gestures towards the table, then leads the way as the crowd parts enough for them to get to it. While Sinn watches, he takes a moment selecting a bottle of wine, his fingers on his chin in a pensive gesture. Finally he selects a bottle, holding it up for inspection in gloved hands.
I suppose it should go without saying that an evening as intimate as this requires something red, wouldn't you say?
So what is it exactly, that you're looking for? Absolution? Forgiveness? Reckoning? Why come? I suppose for someone like you, who has already been damned, doesn't fear much. Seeking solace in oblivion perhaps?
SinN
Perception test
Hits-3
No failures

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3419875/

Sinn considers wether or not he should awnser honestly before deciding it didn't make a difference.

Im here to free my family. They're souls are in torment and it is my doing. So, It is only right that I be the one who free's them. I'm not foolish enough to ask for forgiveness, just setting things right.
fistandantilus4.0
"Not foolish enough." Ha ... the man laughs sardonically, but Sinn can almost feel the smile behind it. Although his humor is dark, he does actually soudn genuinely pleased.
Alright then ... Dad , what next

Sinn notices something vibrating quickly in his pocket
SinN
You havent called me that in some time. Im unsure if I deserve it.

Sinn reaches into his pocket to see what the vibration is.
fistandantilus4.0
The shrouded man shrugs. Awarded by biology
The hsaking in his pocket is Gabriel's rattle
SinN
Awarded, but not yet earned...Gabriel.

Sinn takes the rattle out of his pocket.
fistandantilus4.0
As soon as the rattle comes out, the shrouded man takes an immediate step back, shirking into himself. It visibly affects him, the shaking of the rattle making him tremble where he stands.

Why ... why do you have that? Why chain me!?
SinN
Sinn continues to hold it out.

I need you to cooperate with me. I know you want my death, and you have the right. However, I cant risk you mucking this up. It would mean your soul, along with your mother and brothers, stay here, forever.

Sinn takes a step forward.
I dont want that. I want you all freed. I owe you that. And in order for that to happen. I need your brother. I need Dante. And for you to stay put. Only for just a bit longer. I promise.

He stops just a few steps away from the shrouded man.

Now, can I count on you to understand?
fistandantilus4.0
Roll Leadership [ Persuasion Specialization would apply ] -1

[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Default to Charisma at a -2
Burn a point of edge for extra dice
Charisma-6
Edge-4
Roll-6 success's

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3506287/
fistandantilus4.0
The figure slides back after a moment, pulling in a little.
You're a ... you .... Hell... Of course Father.I should have known that you had a plan. It's only ... Dante ... for so long. I tried, I tried so hard to get back to you. To get back to life! But he stopped me at every turn, like he was trying to stomp me back into the dirt! I .... I'm sorry Father. I've just been so desperate. So angry. But I knew that you would come for me. I knew, somehow .... I am so used to fighting, for clowing for every scrap of life from Dante. He who had it, and wasted it. He never understood you. He never understood us. He's never been like us.
SinN
Sinn thinks to reach out to touch his son, but decides against it.

Im sorry, son. I understand. He was always more like your mother. But I need him first in order to save you. I love both of you dearly. And my biggest regret is being the worst father and human being to my family you could possibly imagen. If you will allow me, I can begin to make this up to you. By this will only be possible if you help me. The emotion in Sinns voice is rising slowly. I owe this to you. You can be free. And even if it kills me, I will save all of you. I need to find him. Or all this was for nothing. And you will suffer forever.
fistandantilus4.0
Roll Leadersip -2
SinN
Default to Charisma at a -2
Roll= [6,4,6,3]
Hits-2

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3546797/
fistandantilus4.0
The cloaked figure takes another step back, bowing slightly.
Alright, as you say Father. What would you have me do then?
SinN
Sinn breathes a quick sigh of releif.

I really hope you know what you're doing Jake.

Thank you. Please, walk with me, help me identify him. Then we can get this on the way, and the two of you out of here. Perhaps this will speed up the process. Sinn looks at the time.
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
A half hour has passed since Sinn came into the Masquearade. While the dancers are still dancing and the revelers still reveling, it's clear that they are all still watching him. He is the main attraction here.
I can't help you find him, but I may be able to help you steer clear of some of the others. Some of the beings here can be very aggressive, and it's been a long time since they had someone to pursue. Some are driven purely by malicious intent. They will interfere in any way they can , especially as the hour grows later. If they cannot have freedom, they will see you damned.

I believe though .... perhaps this way. You will have to find Dante yourself. If you can. I'll try to keep some of the worst off of you.

Behind Sinn, the cloaked figure of the fallen dragon silently nods, accompanying them as they move through the crowd. It's impossible to tell his impressions or motivations. Perhaps he's one of those that will try to distract him as it nears the midnight hour, gaining his revenge. Perhaps he intends to only watch and see what happens. Gabriel moves through the crowd, helping to part the way, letting Sinn move a little quicker, having to push less. He doesn't seem to be moving towards anything or anyone, only forging a path.

Before long, the trio finds themselves near the far wall, a large hearth burning with heavy logs, warming the otherwise chilly room. The mantle is a macabre creaation, centered by a leering half skull, with long skeletal arms outsretched in a mockingly welcoming manner. Around the hearth are a few empty chairs anda few cloaked hangers on, drinking in the warmth that death has denied them. Only one of the chairs is currently occupied, a man in grays with a half domino mask, allowing him to smoke a wooden engravd pipe enjoying his place by the fire.
SinN
He nods and smiles under his mask.

I am grateful. Thank you.

As they walk, Sinn can feel the fallen dragons presence. Every fiber of his being is shouting malicious intent. But even the dead have the ability to get over things, though most dont. Besides, he feels safer with Gaberielle by his side. For the first time in long time, he feels he is part of a family. And his family is protecting him.

Sinn looks too the fire, eager for its warmth. He notices the man in gray, smoking his pipe.

I should follow my instincts here. This man stands out. I was able to detect Gaberielle, I have a connection to my boys, regardless of how they felt about me in life. Perhaps that is whats happening here, and will be the saving grace for us all.

Sinn takes a seat closest to the grey man in the domino mask.

Good evening, sir. Enjoying the party?

Perception roll to see what is engraved on the pipe.
Perception skill- 2, +2 specialize in visual
Intuation-4
Hits-4
Failures-1

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3550467/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012