Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Urban Brawl
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Inpu
Does anyone know the rules, or even some of the basics? I've heard of this and wanted to play with it. I think it would help immerse the players if they occasionally saw AR broadcasts of Urban Brawl, since it is so popular, and might use it to disrupt missions at times.

The only information I could find was that a bare minimum of the rules were revealed in an adventure book. How have you dealt with Urban Brawl?
Inpu
Thank you very much, tagz.
CanRay
There's rules for a Brawl?
SkepticInc
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 17 2010, 03:50 PM) *
There's rules for a Brawl?

I figured it was like Calvin Ball + Blood Bowl + Running Man. I'll go read the thread now.
Inpu
Apparently the full rules are in Shadowbeat, which I thankfully have tucked away.
D2F
QUOTE (Inpu @ Jul 17 2010, 03:18 PM) *
Apparently the full rules are in Shadowbeat, which I thankfully have tucked away.

They are actually more complex than you would imagine, with very specifi rules for team roles and respective weapon loadouts.
Maelstrome
this is something thats been floating around my favorites for a while.

http://www.intercom.net/user/logan1/ubl.htm
Red_Cap
Frankly, I prefer Combat Biker. Seems like it would be more fun.
Inpu
I saw the rules for that game too. It looked awesome. I found the maze bit particularly interesting.
Red_Cap
I was more about the shotguns + motorcycles. Now THERE is a dangerous combination.
Abstruse
QUOTE (Inpu @ Jul 17 2010, 09:18 AM) *

Shadowbeat and A Killing Glare (2nd Ed adventure). It's probably also going to be in the 4e media book because I can't see them leaving it out without virtual rioting.
Inpu
QUOTE (Abstruse @ Jul 19 2010, 01:24 AM) *
Shadowbeat and A Killing Glare (2nd Ed adventure). It's probably also going to be in the 4e media book because I can't see them leaving it out without virtual rioting.

I'd love to see what the updated version will be.
Abstruse
QUOTE (Inpu @ Jul 18 2010, 05:32 PM) *
I'd love to see what the updated version will be.

Probably exactly the same as the old ones. This is a sport, not some sort of mechanic within the game. Only changes might be "The Urban Brawl league decided in 2066 to institute a rule banning certain genetech" or something like that.
Inpu
QUOTE (Abstruse @ Jul 19 2010, 01:54 AM) *
Probably exactly the same as the old ones. This is a sport, not some sort of mechanic within the game. Only changes might be "The Urban Brawl league decided in 2066 to institute a rule banning certain genetech" or something like that.

That's more what I meant. For instance, would magic be accepted for healing in game now? It would change up the game a bit.
CanRay
Or perhaps a whole new league for Magic, with new rules as well.

I mean, they have Troll and Dwarf Baseball Leagues after all, due to the differences in strike zones. Orks and Elves are OK in regular baseball, however.
Inpu
Yes, exactly. That would be pretty interesting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012