Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR Limited Edition dice in Tin case
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
EndoFury
Check these out.

Where can you buy these in the US? These dice are slick! My usual place to order has them as "unavailable" while another store has them listed for pre-order only. So, is this something coming to the US or only in Germany? I like these better than the ones I've seen with just the SR logo for a 6 with the 1 still being a single dot.
Acme
Well if you speak German, have 10 Euro lying around, and probably live in Europe (since I'm a-feared what the shipping costs are), you can order them here:
http://www.weltbild.de/3/16215503-1/spielw...l-zubehoer.html

Oh DREK! BAM! Paizo store is taking them for pre-order at 13.46.

http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/p/pegasus...source=preorder

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Shadowrun dice sets that Catalyst was going to have for sale?
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Acme @ Jul 30 2010, 11:31 PM) *
Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Shadowrun dice sets that Catalyst was going to have for sale?

They had some for sale at Origins.

They went fast, though.

www.superherogameland.com has them for even less here in the US, but they're not listed as available. The tin art is the same cover as Spells and Chrome and the 20th Anniversary book, so I figured it was an official SR licensed product, perhaps coming soon. I see the name Pegasus Press in the tin cover, which seems to be a European company.

http://www.superherogameland.com/product_p/psipeg13410.htm

The dice you're referring to aren't as sweet. They just have a SR logo instead of a 6.
Acme
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 30 2010, 08:34 PM) *
They had some for sale at Origins.

They went fast, though.

Yeah, but it was hinted last year they were thinking of mass-producing them, or were they just gonna be con sets?
EndoFury
QUOTE (Acme @ Jul 30 2010, 11:36 PM) *
Yeah, but it was hinted last year they were thinking of mass-producing them, or were they just gonna be con sets?

You can have custom dice made at www.q-workshop.com, but it wouldn't be cheap.
Acme
QUOTE (EndoFury @ Jul 30 2010, 08:35 PM) *
www.superherogameland.com has them for even less here in the US, but they're not listed as available. The tin art is the same cover as Spells and Chrome and the 20th Anniversary book, so I figured it was an official SR licensed product, perhaps coming soon. I see the name Pegasus Press in the tin cover, which seems to be a European company.

Pegasus Press is a board game company in Germany. I saw through the netsearch that they're affiliated with some of the German SR stuff, so maybe since FanPro lost the license they got the German stuff farmed out to them.

And Paizo has them "preorder", so what I assume is that they may be a relatively new product, maybe this year, and they have to do some negotiating to get them across the pond.
EndoFury
I'd buy them if they came over. The more I think about custom dice though, the more I can think of something even smoother/cooler. I'd like a set of D6 that have two sides (5 & 6) with a cool looking design, slightly different for edge rolls, the 2-4 sides blank, and then a custom design for the side for #1/glitch checks.
AStarshipforAnts
I want these like whoa.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Acme @ Jul 31 2010, 05:42 AM) *
Pegasus Press is a board game company in Germany. I saw through the netsearch that they're affiliated with some of the German SR stuff, so maybe since FanPro lost the license they got the German stuff farmed out to them.

Pegasus has been the German SR licensee since FanPro went under.
(They've also been the German Call of Cthulhu licensee since the 90s.)
Acme
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Jul 31 2010, 01:18 AM) *
Pegasus has been the German SR licensee since FanPro went under.
(They've also been the German Call of Cthulhu licensee since the 90s.)

Danke schön for the confirmation, Herr Myst1c.
suoq
Does anyone know how many come in a box? Is it 5 per box (so you need 4 boxes if your dice are capped at 20) or were they sweethearts and put 20 in a box?

"How many dice do you need to play Shadowrun?"
"All of them".
Pyrius
There are 12 dice in one box
suoq
Thanks. 2 boxes then...
MJBurrage
The dice are manufactured by/for Pegasus Spiele Zubehör, and are available directly from the Pegasus Spiele Shop, with checkout in German or English.As noted by others, Pegasus has been the German Shadowrun licensee since FanPro, and the dice may also be ordered through Paizo:
KarmaInferno
The only improvement I can think of for these is having the 5 and 6 be colored differently, and the 1 be colored red.

I did that with a set of my own dice. Blue dice, colored the 2-4 blue, 5-6 bright green, 1 red. Makes for very fast reading of a roll result.

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 31 2010, 02:49 PM) *
The only improvement I can think of for these is having the 5 and 6 be colored differently, and the 1 be colored red.

I did that with a set of my own dice. Blue dice, colored the 2-4 blue, 5-6 bright green, 1 red. Makes for very fast reading of a roll result.

Unless you're colorblind.
MJBurrage
From the description and the art on the tin, on the Pegasus Shadowrun dice, the 1 face is blank (no pip), the 2, 3, and 4 faces have pips; while the "5" and "6" faces both have the Shadowun symbol along with a sub-scripted 5 or 6 respectively.

So a slightly better design than the "Matrix" dice once sold by Catalyst Game Labs—not that I didn't happily buy those well, have to keep my collection complete smile.gif

Did/does CGL have dice at the cons this year ?
EndoFury
So, it's about $60 or so for 3 sets of the dice. I placed an order, but I didn't put in any payment info and it processed the order. I'm not sure I meant to complete the order, but whatever, they can't take my money if I don't tell them how.
MJBurrage
QUOTE (EndoFury @ Jul 31 2010, 02:06 PM) *
So, it's about $60 or so for 3 sets of the dice. I placed an order, but I didn't put in any payment info and it processed the order. I'm not sure I meant to complete the order, but whatever, they can't take my money if I don't tell them how.
From the wording, I presume you ordered directly from Pegasus, as the same thing happened to me. I later got an e-mail about the order with instructions for wiring the funds electronically, but they happily took PayPal when I asked.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (AStarshipforAnts @ Jul 31 2010, 12:53 PM) *
Unless you're colorblind.

This is true. But even then most colorblind folks have SOME colors they can differentiate. True colorblindness is very rare, even among the colorblind.

Anyone know what colors are considered "usable" for the largest majority of colorblind folks?

The quickest solution would be to make the colors greyscale compatible.
suoq
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 31 2010, 01:56 PM) *
This is true. But even then most colorblind folks have SOME colors they can differentiate. True colorblindness is very rare, even among the colorblind.

Anyone know what colors are considered "usable" for the largest majority of colorblind folks?

I'm colorblind. I just used a blue sharpie on blue dice on the 2,3, and 4 for my stack-o-dice. (one of those 3*3*4 boxes that can even hold a pencil sharpener if you flip the black base upside down)

The 1 is so different from the 5 and 6 that having all white pips isn't an issue. Likewise, the 6 and the 5 are easy to tell apart.

As a guideline, avoid Red and Green (stop is the one at the top of the stoplight). After that, I've heard to avoid blue and yellow, but I've met more people who are completely colorblind than I've met blue-yellow colorblind people.

A quick test is to ask how many colors are on the mountain dew label. Colorblind people aren't likely to know the "Dew" part is in another color.
Bull
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Jul 31 2010, 01:01 PM) *
From the description and the art on the tin, on the Pegasus Shadowrun dice, the 1 face is blank (no pip), the 2, 3, and 4 faces have pips; while the "5" and "6" faces both have the Shadowun symbol along with a sub-scripted 5 or 6 respectively.

So a slightly better design than the "Matrix" dice once sold by Catalyst Game Labs—not that I didn't happily buy those well, have to keep my collection complete smile.gif

Did/does CGL have dice at the cons this year ?

They had the Blue/Red Ares dice that were at Origins, and there were also 3 new sets of dice. Here are some pics I took at Origins up close (Note the flash kinda washes the colors slightly).

Red & Black set
Blue & Gold
Greenish, Bluish, Purplish, apparently Renraku Dice(?)
Red & Blue Ares

MJBurrage
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 1 2010, 08:07 PM) *
They had the Blue/Red Ares dice that were at Origins, and there were also 3 new sets of dice. Here are some pics I took at Origins up close (Note the flash kinda washes the colors slightly).
Any word on if these will be for sale online ?
Bull
Not sure. I think they sold out of all the ones they had at Origins, or darn near. I imagine Gen Con won't leave much in stock. It was the plan at one point, and I will certainly encourage them to keep them in stock. But I'm not really sure overall if they will, and if they do, when they'll have them up :/

Bull
Gamer6432
Those are just Chessex Dice with a custom decal on the face for the 6.

Red & Black is the Black-Red w/ Gold from the Gemini 3 series
Blue & Gold is the Blue-Gold w/white from the Gemini 1 series
Green/Blue/Purplish is the Green-Purple w/gold from the Gemini 2(?) series
Red & Blue is the Blue-Red w/gold from the Gemini 2 series

I don't have a price for the custom engraved ones, but they run about $9.80 for a brick of 12d6 with 16mm faces in those colors. You'd have to contact Chessex about custom work. They do it, and I've had great service from them, but damn does their site need a major overhaul.
Bull
When I got my dice from Chessex about 3 years ago, they were $1 a die (I got 2 bricks of 12). So the dice are about the same price.

Chessex will not do the SR logo nor any other copyritten/trademarked logo, at least not knowingly. I know a few people inquired about getting custom SR dice a few years ago and were denied.

Bull
Bull
QUOTE (Gamer6432 @ Aug 2 2010, 02:31 AM) *
Those are just Chessex Dice with a custom decal on the face for the 6.

It's not a decal (i.e., sticker), but is actually engraved. Otherwise, yes you're correct.

Though to be fair, CHessex has done so many color combinations in the last 20 years that you'd be hard pressed to find one that didn't match one of their sets smile.gif
The Dragon Girl
I am sad that they're always sold out of the cool stuff by the time D*C comes around
Gamer6432
To the original topic:

They're out in the US now. Just picked up a box from my LGS yesterday.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/333/img0535mi.jpg
underaneonhalo
QUOTE (The Dragon Girl @ Aug 2 2010, 03:57 AM) *
I am sad that they're always sold out of the cool stuff by the time D*C comes around

No kidding! sarcastic.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012