Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCIPROTECT presents its line of services
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Summerstorm
„Did you know that a magician might be reading your innermost thoughts and most private memories RIGHT NOW? A scary, but REALISTIC thought. But what are you supposed to do against mages grossly misusing their TERRIFYING POWER? Everybody knows that only other mages can protect themselves against the fearsome powers of mindCONTROL.

WRONG. This is where your friends from SCIPROTECT ™ come into play.

In years of highly dedicated research with WORLD RENOWNED psychologists, trustworthy corporate mages and neurologists we have developed EFFECTIVE countermeasures against invasions of the mind, which EVERYBODY can implement to protect themselves aginst the evils of magic.

If your very own mind isn't worth it, what is?

Monthly training only 5.499 Nuyen + taxes, success not guaranteed“

New Qualities:
Protected Mind; 10 or 20 BP
In intensive training you have learned to confuse intruders into your own mind. If you are aware of an attack OR unconscious, your subconscious scrambles your thoughts and memories and layers it with metaphors and lies. Every Level of this quality adds a +2 dice pool modifier for your spell resistance against Mindprobe, implant memory and similar spells designed to read/alter your mind.

„Trusty security guards and employees are a blessing to have. BUT did you know that an average mage has no problems turning them all against the corporation they LOVE? How can you screen and mainstain magical security over all those people? And worse: If your security forces engage a target magician, how can you ensure the safety of your people AGAINST THEMSELVES?

This is where your business partners from SCIPROTECT come into play

In years of research our cybertechnologiests, neurologists and computer scientists developed the BE-SURE ™ technology: A neurological implant steeling your most valued assets against hostile takeover“

New cyberware:
BE-SURE Headware; Essence cost: 0.4, Cost: 12.500 Nuyen, Avail.: 12
The BE-SURE is a dedicated SIMSENSE module, steadily analyzing thought processes and emotional responses. Any inconsistencies get amplified feedback from the unit, effectively amplifying the sense of “right and wrong” the subject experiences and helps keeping/regaining control over himself. This translates into a +2 dice pool modifier for all spell resistance tests against all control spells targeted at the subject.

BE-SURE “Secondary Mind” Advanced System; Essence cost: 1.0, Nuyen: 60.000, Avail: 15F
This System build upon the standard BE-SURE system, but utilize much higher processing power and connectivity to the users brain. Effectively this module is a “second voice in your head” directing actions on a subconscious level while also reminding your conscious self of critical information. When the user is accustomed to the system he can input mission parameters, friendly subjects, known enemies etc. The system then begins to oversee actions and reactions and keeps motivating the user. It provides a +2 dice pool modifier against: any control spells, fear effects, spirit possession, compulsion and influence powers and all similar effects. ALSO it forces a defense roll against these powers, even if the user is not actively going against his own will every combat turn, as long as the user is conscious.
It is also fully compatible with a TAC-NET system. Effectively confusing the user when he goes against the tactical advice of the Tacnet. (He loses 1 die per rating of the Tacnet to any action opposed to the team)

“Did you know that a mage has LITERALLY the power of a rocket launcher in his hands? And he can not be stopped to walk into your “safe” area of residence and use it? No outside watcher can now what his intentions are and when he will be using his FEARFUL POWERS.

But do not PANIC, your friends from SCIPROTECT are here to help.

For a paltry sum we can reinforce your vehicle against magical ATTACKS.
LIVE SAFE, DRIVE SAFE.

Also please follow our newsfeed about the soon to be introducted “Safe-Life” - Antimagical Armor

SCIPROTECT... because science protects you from the horrors of magic!”

New Vehicle mod:
Anti-Magical Armor; 1 Slot, Cost: Body*1500 or Body*2500. Install: 8/1 Day. Avail: 12R
Maximum Rating: 2
These armor modification replaces some of the bulk of your normal armor with a fine net of tubes containing some cellular creatures very much like the FAB bacterias. It also installs a pumping/selfsealing system. While the bulk lowers the rating of the installed normal armor (concealed or standard, not smartarmor) by DOUBLE the rating of system, it adds its rating to the object resistance of the vehicle, OR against elemental attacks adds its rating as dice to the resistance test.

The bacterias need to be fed (and partially replaced) This costs (Body of Vehicle)*50 Nuyen per month, and requires 5 minutes work each week.

New personal armor:
“Safe-Life” - Antimagical Armor; Armor: 5/3, Costs: 8000 Nuyen, Avail.: -R
The “Safe-Life” personal armor is a full-body armor like the standard “Camoflage Suit” prevalent in all armed forces and uses the same rules. ADDITIONALY it replaces some of the life-saving kevlar like armor with a fine net of flexible tubes containing bacterias similar to one of the tested and trusted FAB strains. Effectively the wearer counts as being in a constant Rating 2 mana ebb, only covering his own aura.

The armor encumbers like it were a rating 8/6 armor.

This is a prototype not available to the public/rival corporations yet.

- So, any comments to balance, bad thematic and such? (And yes i know that all makes it a bit harder for the weak mages... but be honest: The mid/highlevel mages ARE too powerful.)
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
I love this...
Awesome marketing Scheme there... you should make a million Nuyen over the next few weeks as you go public in Seattle. I predict that within a month, you will be one of the richest people in the UCAS...

Keep up the Good R&D... wobble.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 1 2010, 01:14 PM) *
I love this...
Awesome marketing Scheme there... you should make a million Nuyen over the next few weeks as you go public in Seattle. I predict that within a month, you will be one of the richest people in the UCAS...

Keep up the Good R&D... wobble.gif

Seconded all around.
Tanegar
The first thing that pops into my mind when reading about the BE-SURE systems is that it's mind control for hackers. At the very least, hacking either system could force a composure test every turn; fail the test, and the target suffers a penalty to all actions due to conflict between his own mind and the implants.
Simon Kerimov
NEWS ITEM

EVO buys all shares of SCIPROTECT™, rebrands it as Ego++ Systems™.

EVO newsgroups immediately begin spreading rumors of an EVO brand external version of the BE-SURE technology called Tin Foil Hats.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Aug 1 2010, 01:02 PM) *
The first thing that pops into my mind when reading about the BE-SURE systems is that it's mind control for hackers. At the very least, hacking either system could force a composure test every turn; fail the test, and the target suffers a penalty to all actions due to conflict between his own mind and the implants.

If you allow them to be hackable, you get what you deserve... But let me ask you something... Would you enable them so that they could be Hacked (Not sure if I would place mine on the Tacnet for example)? wobble.gif
Tanegar
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 1 2010, 03:12 PM) *
If you allow them to be hackable, you get what you deserve... But let me ask you something... Would you enable them so that they could be Hacked (Not sure if I would place mine on the Tacnet for example)? wobble.gif

Step 1: Load a gun with capsule rounds full of intruder-activator nanites in DMSO suspension
Step 2: Called shot to enemy's head
Step 3: Nanites enable wireless access to BE-SURE implant
Step 4: Hacker hacks BE-SURE implant
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Aug 1 2010, 01:18 PM) *
Step 1: Load a gun with capsule rounds full of intruder-activator nanites in DMSO suspension
Step 2: Called shot to enemy's head
Step 3: Nanites enable wireless access to BE-SURE implant
Step 4: Hacker hacks BE-SURE implant
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!

Ahhh, but can they enable what is not there? Hard to activate something to wireless if it has no Wireless Access at all (You can remove it before implantation afterall). Can't remember, as I do not generally use Nano-Tech much. wobble.gif

And such technology gets expensive if you are using it on anyone and everyone that comes along...
Tanegar
It has to be connected to something, if only for diagnostic purposes. Can't be cutting a guy's head open every time you want to update the firmware.
Garou
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Aug 1 2010, 07:32 PM) *
It has to be connected to something, if only for diagnostic purposes. Can't be cutting a guy's head open every time you want to update the firmware.

Amen brother, amen.

Udoshi
Additionally, getting a Signal into someone is as simple as mixing in some Taggant nanites in with the batch. Prices are in the tables in the back of the book.
Xahn Borealis
This mind training isn't inspired by Inception, it it? biggrin.gif
tagz
The Protected Mind quality, I think it should also apply to PAB units, modifying the threshold by the same bonus. Makes sense to me, you have a higher degree of mental discipline so a tech attack on it that is also subject to fighting against the subject's willpower (the Psychology + PAB ratin(subect's Willower, 1 week)) should similarly be effected. My 2 cents.
Johnny B. Good
As a member of a wholly non-magical group this type of thing is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou
Wasabi
You sir, are terribly clever.

smile.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Aug 1 2010, 01:32 PM) *

You can connect it through DNI to a Datajack for Diagnostic Purposes, which would then require a Hardline connection... Easy Peasy, and still no Wireless Capacity... wobble.gif
Blade
You could maybe create something with glow moss that would warn the user of nearby magic activity, so that he would be aware he could be the victim of a spell.
MK Ultra
I like the closed mind - makes me wonder if a simple increase in will wouldn´t represent the idear just as well, but then, many of the qualities may but its still cool to have them wink.gif

The Be-Sure sounds very much like those Amps (performance enhancing AR-BTLs), and I have been thinking about that myself before, so I would just make it software (and addictive) and drop the advanced system. Still great!

QUOTE (Simon Kerimov @ Aug 1 2010, 08:12 PM) *
NEWS ITEM

EVO newsgroups immediately begin spreading rumors of an EVO brand external version of the BE-SURE technology called Tin Foil Hats.

As an aside - my Hitting Bottom PC once used anti-wifi wallpaper as a tinfoil head (and suit), to keep NeoNET from using any hidden tags or headware back-doors - of course he also is pathologicaly paranoid and had a psychotic breakdown when he did that - but hey, that does not mean they are not after him, right biggrin.gif
Inpu
The Qualities and Cyberware are nice, but I especially like the flavor text.
Mr. Mage
Definitely gonna work this in somehow when my group starts up again...
Keep up the good work!
Karoline
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 1 2010, 10:06 PM) *
You can connect it through DNI to a Datajack for Diagnostic Purposes, which would then require a Hardline connection... Easy Peasy, and still no Wireless Capacity... wobble.gif

Datajacks have wireless, though that could be fairly easily removed, so yeah. Of course if there is no wireless they won't get the very latest updates to their stuff, AND THEN THE MAGES MIGHT GET IN!!

Just sayin' wink.gif

You could maybe create something with glow moss that would warn the user of nearby magic activity, so that he would be aware he could be the victim of a spell.
Isn't this already in Arsenal?
Hedrik
I would like to propose a addition for businisses who REAL want to make sure non of their trusted employees turns agains them. Just include some cortex bomb like feature that analyses whether the person behave different than normal. If not ... BÄM
Tanegar
QUOTE (EVO Press Release @ Aug 2 2072, 11:35 AM)
EVO is proud to announce that the BE-SURE cranial enforcement module now suffers from only a 12% false-positive rate.

jakephillips
I love it! I think I would add an motor control upgrade for skillwires.

If your previous headware upgrade either the .2 or 1.0 essence version does not agree with the action your skillwires would act as a negative die pool to the action as your implants are fighting your natural muscles.

So even if the mage forces you to shoot your friend if you have rating 3 skillwires you do it at -3 dice.

Cost like an expert driver and about .1 essence. \

What do you think

Tanegar
Holy fucking asscrackers, we started at a gizmo to prevent bodyjacking and now we're at... a bodyjacking gizmo. Plus ça change, indeed.
Karoline
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Aug 2 2010, 12:34 PM) *
Holy fucking asscrackers, we started at a gizmo to prevent bodyjacking and now we're at... a bodyjacking gizmo. Plus ça change, indeed.

Yeah, but at least it isn't by THOSE EVIL MAGES THAT ARE EVERYWHERE. wink.gif
Squiddy Attack
SCIPROTECT is your friend, Citizen.
Tanegar
But is it part of Minipax, Miniluv, or Minitru?
Summerstorm
Hm hm. Ok, so i take it that all these things do not really break the game in your opinion?

Well. Yes, the Be-Sure system (especially the rating 2 version) can be very much exploited. Intended to be so (hacking, subliminal conditioning by your corp, losing the sense of self and reality, etc.) Also: No i didn't steal my "Protected Mind"- Quality from Inception... but since i was too lazy to type my ideas before the movie came out i will now always be stuck with that *g*.

I was wondering if i should make the vehicle and the personal armor have the same rules? Either mana ebb OR bonus dice?

So, does anyone have similar ideas which can be realisticly included in the game?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Karoline @ Aug 2 2010, 06:36 AM) *
Datajacks have wireless, though that could be fairly easily removed, so yeah. Of course if there is no wireless they won't get the very latest updates to their stuff, AND THEN THE MAGES MIGHT GET IN!!

Just sayin' wink.gif

Or, you download the update to a chip, scan it for veracity and integrity, and then hardlink to your Datajack for the update of the 'ware... Easy Peasy... wobble.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 2 2010, 06:47 PM) *
Or, you download the update to a chip, scan it for veracity and integrity, and then hardlink to your Datajack for the update of the 'ware... Easy Peasy... wobble.gif

Yes, but then it might be several hours, or even a day before you get the update, in which time THE MAGES COULD GET IN. wink.gif

(Hope I've made the sarcasm thick enough to cut with a knife by now.)
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Karoline @ Aug 2 2010, 04:50 PM) *
Yes, but then it might be several hours, or even a day before you get the update, in which time THE MAGES COULD GET IN. wink.gif

(Hope I've made the sarcasm thick enough to cut with a knife by now.)

Heheheh... Indeed... Those DAMN MAGES are Tricksy after all... wobble.gif
Mordinvan
QUOTE (Hedrik @ Aug 2 2010, 09:35 AM) *
I would like to propose a addition for businisses who REAL want to make sure non of their trusted employees turns agains them. Just include some cortex bomb like feature that analyses whether the person behave different than normal. If not ... BÄM

and lose about 100% of all female employee's every month.... ya, how about no.
Mordinvan
QUOTE (jakephillips @ Aug 2 2010, 11:02 AM) *
I love it! I think I would add an motor control upgrade for skillwires.

If your previous headware upgrade either the .2 or 1.0 essence version does not agree with the action your skillwires would act as a negative die pool to the action as your implants are fighting your natural muscles.

So even if the mage forces you to shoot your friend if you have rating 3 skillwires you do it at -3 dice.

Cost like an expert driver and about .1 essence. \

What do you think

That would be to easy to screw with. Before a run, toss a virus into the system, which prevents the guards from shooting at any of the runners, or even pulling the trigger at any target the subject believes to be a metahuman.
Mordinvan
These implants and devices don't make a great deal of sense to me, as each human mind is a self programed neural net, interfacing thought reading ware like this just isn't going to work well. You'd be better off bio-engineering the 'background count' ability from those damn lilies into an algae, and pumping it through a network of tubes like those used to cool off EOD and space suits. That way, you could have the subject surrounded by a background count. It would likely be a weak one, but even a few points would help out a lot.
killfr3nzy
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Aug 3 2010, 07:08 AM) *
So, does anyone have similar ideas which can be realisticly included in the game?

I've posted this before, somewhere - Biofiber. Depending on how move-able Manabarriers affect things, you can anything from wearable manawalls to Astral-Form-bitch-slapping baseball-bats.

[ Spoiler ]

Although I do feel that smacking an Astral Form with a Barrier would more likely merely do some damage than completely knock them out, if you can trap them between say a Ward (no physical presence) and a Biofiber Net, then they would go bye-bye.
I figure targeting could be a problem, but any Assensing being with a 'Link and a half-decent Edit program can create a 'Shoot at this space' AR object, with the shooters only losing a few dice. Put magnets on the ends of the net, or use the Myomic (sp?) rope and have the net close on itself after (Rangefinder to AR object)Meters, and the Astral Form should be 'somewhat' trapped.

Sorry for incoherence, I'm jetlagged and haven't slept more than 4 hours a night for three days.
TommyTwoToes
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Aug 1 2010, 07:38 PM) *
You sir, are terribly clever.

smile.gif

Especially if it was all a false front. The "Protected Mind" training is actually just corporate brainwashing, the headware is built to release subliminals directly into your head, and the armor mod looks pretty and soaks up your cash.

This is the best line of products devised by mages ever!
Grymjack
QUOTE (Garou @ Aug 1 2010, 02:45 PM) *
Amen brother, amen.

Ah......datajacks.

They still have a use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012