Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knight of Segway
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Laodicea
He began his path toward greatness with a single handshake, the day he graduated high school. He knew he wasn't college bound. He signed up right away for a job as a low end security guard at a local shopping center. It was then that he discovered the talent he was destined to become a legendary master of. The Art of Segging. This man could do more tricks with a Segway than your average X-Games contestant can with a skateboard or a bike. This Hero applied for jobs as a cop, or higher end security, many times. He was rejected each time due to his low intellect, unibrow, and lack of any real relevant skills. But he could Seg the shit out of some criminals. Frustrated at his career failures, he turned to the Shadows. He saved what little he could of his paychecks for months to purchase a customized telescoping lance. He would use it in combination with his segging skills to pierce the hearts of those who would stand against him.

The Knight of Segway archetype uses the vehicle ramming mechanics in conjunction with their customized telescoping lance for combat in the 6th world. The Knight may carry other weapons, such as a taser, but the lance & segway will always be his mainstay.
Neraph
That is hilarious. I like it.
Magus
PAUL BLART !! Dont forget to have low blood sugar
KarmaInferno
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6606/segwaymos.jpg

Hmm?

QUOTE (Laodicea @ Aug 13 2010, 06:23 PM) *
unibrow

Wat.
Laodicea
QUOTE (Magus @ Aug 13 2010, 11:29 AM) *
PAUL BLART !! Dont forget to have low blood sugar

Paul Blart was not elite enough with a segway, at all, to qualify as a Knight of Segway.
Tanegar
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Aug 13 2010, 01:29 PM) *

Please tell me that's a hoax. I could never take a Segway-mounted SWAT team seriously.
Traul
I think they are not SWAT but riot control. With SMGs.
Neraph
China does that too. The riot control on segways, that is.

EDIT: That may acually be a picture of the chinese practicing actually.
Mäx
QUOTE (Neraph @ Aug 13 2010, 08:55 PM) *
EDIT: That may acually be a picture of the chinese practicing actually.

Yeap its a photo of chinese police practising for the olympics(IIRC)
KarmaInferno
Yeah, they've even got an attachment to clip their riot shields in front of the Segway.

Damn, segway even has police versions, rugged terrain variants, and even a military section, rotfl.gif

http://www.segway.com/patrol/government-military/

I have to say though, as much as it might look silly, a segway seems a brilliant way of staying mobile with both hands free and enough stability to aim properly. If only you could turn without using the handle, it would be almost perfect.
CanRay
*Headdesk* This is even worse than the "Horseman of the Apocalypse" that one of my Players made.
Tiny Deev
Riot police on segways still beats cops on a bicycle.
Straight Razor
i still have not seen 4th ed stats for a segway...

Through an unfortunate and droll adventure, a rather insipid AI got in the segway; and is unable, or unwilling to leave it. The impressiveness of the AI never persuades the knight that he has anything less that a powerful ally, and trusty companion in his trusty machine. His ever faithful mount and companion acquired the name of Rocinante from some of his fellow runners. Thinking it had a grand and powerful sound to it, he adopted it, and proudly calls it by this name.
CanRay
Ares-Segway Terrier: Arsenal Page 107
Squiddy Attack
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 13 2010, 02:18 PM) *
*Headdesk* This is even worse than the "Horseman of the Apocalypse" that one of my Players made.

Explain. I'm all curious now.
CanRay
The "Horseman of the Apocalypse" is a Daihatsu-Caterpillar Horseman (Arsenal Page 107) that is refitted with Walker Legs, Weapon Mount Arms, and lots of weapons. Like, dripping in weapons!
Laodicea
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 14 2010, 01:03 PM) *
The "Horseman of the Apocalypse" is a Daihatsu-Caterpillar Horseman (Arsenal Page 107) that is refitted with Walker Legs, Weapon Mount Arms, and lots of weapons. Like, dripping in weapons!

That's awesome.
Yerameyahu
Ew, I got weapon on my shoes. frown.gif
CanRay
Awesome? NO! It's a bloody horrorshow!

He almost convinced the other three players in the group to each buy one, and become the Four "Horseman of the Apocalypse". *Headdesk*
Laodicea
What about a party with a Knight of Segway, a cyborg in a supped up emotitoy, a dwarven horseman of the apocalypse, and a nartarki with shiva arms who is a little too touchy-feely for most of the women around him?
Squiddy Attack
See, now, the weapon-covered Horseman should've just been War or Death.

And each of the four should have had different functions. Though, I have no idea what Famine would do.
CanRay
QUOTE (Squiddy Attack @ Aug 14 2010, 04:24 PM) *
Though, I have no idea what Famine would do.

Spraying Cutter Nanites as it drives by?
Dumori
QUOTE (Squiddy Attack @ Aug 14 2010, 10:24 PM) *
See, now, the weapon-covered Horseman should've just been War or Death.

And each of the four should have had different functions. Though, I have no idea what Famine would do.

Electronic warfare drone. Not quite literal but kind of fits.
Traul
Steal cookies. All of them. Then build up on the anger of the cookie-deprived children to take over the world. And we finally have a use for these articulated arms.
quinn the eskimo
Had a guy in my party who did pretty much this. I was a paraplegic mage who rode around in a horseman and he had a segway with a telescoping lance. We were both in our 70s. It sounds ridiculous, but, due to the way SR handles vehicles and collisions and stuff, he managed to score some pretty heinous kills with that contraption.
Yerameyahu
AFAIK, there are no rules for lancing people from a vehicle. It's not ramming, certainly. Perhaps it's a simple melee attack with a big penalty.
Laodicea
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 15 2010, 12:10 AM) *
AFAIK, there are no rules for lancing people from a vehicle. It's not ramming, certainly. Perhaps it's a simple melee attack with a big penalty.

You're right. You'd have to house rule it. I'd probably make them roll a melee attack, and the ramming. The ramming damage would act as the DV of the attack.
Yerameyahu
Given how broken ramming is, I can't imagine that's a good idea. :/ Well, I guess if using a lance from a vehicle happens in a game, it's already way too Pink Mohawk to worry about brokenness. wink.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 14 2010, 04:04 PM) *
Awesome? NO! It's a bloody horrorshow!

He almost convinced the other three players in the group to each buy one, and become the Four "Horseman of the Apocalypse". *Headdesk*

Let me take a moment from laughing to calmly explain that between EMP grenades and tasers/Stick-n-Shock ammo, there's no need to be afraid of "Horsemen of the Apocalypse". Hilarious, but in no way threatening.

Also, with an absolute max of only 12 Vehicle armor, those things aren't really that tough (although my jaded upbringing may be coloring my opinion on that matter. When you start the game first run and fight a F12 Beast Spirit the rest of the game seems kinda tame).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012