Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Spirit Power
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stormdrake
The guardian Spirit is shown with a weapon but the stats and power do not reflect it as far as I can see. Has any one added a spirit power that would allow a spirit to have a simple weapon (sword, ax, club)?

Weapon
DV modifier +(F/2), AP modifier +(F/2). +1 Reach

Yes, I know a spirit could just pick something up but this would allow the spirit to come armed.
Simon Kerimov
QUOTE (Stormdrake @ Aug 14 2010, 11:21 PM) *
The guardian Spirit is shown with a weapon but the stats and power do not reflect it as far as I can see. Has any one added a spirit power that would allow a spirit to have a simple weapon (sword, ax, club)?

Weapon
DV modifier +(F/2), AP modifier +(F/2). +1 Reach

Yes, I know a spirit could just pick something up but this would allow the spirit to come armed.

Guardian Spirits have an Optional power that lets them know how to use a weapon. So a group of 5 Guardian Spirits of Force 5 can be turned into a monster of a fighting squad. Especially useful for when you are taking an enemy hardpoint and you don't know how to shoot railguns.
Summerstorm
ALSO they have the optional power of "Natural Weapon". Which means they come armed into the world. And it is frightenly powerful. (Provides melee-weapon, No reach, DV=Force)

Which is exactly what you want, it seems.
Simon Kerimov
Yea, they are task spirits for combat.
Stormdrake
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Aug 15 2010, 01:57 AM) *
ALSO they have the optional power of "Natural Weapon". Which means they come armed into the world. And it is frightenly powerful. (Provides melee-weapon, No reach, DV=Force)

Which is exactly what you want, it seems.

Summerstorm, was not looking at it that way. You are correct that that is more than enough of a weapon.
Neraph
The Natural Weapon power is described as being fangs and claws, a flaming sword, or anything else that would be used in combat. The composition or appearance of a spirit doesn't matter.
Simon Kerimov
Natural weapons? Great for melee and whatnot, but a Magician with Task spirits and Guardian spirits can hijack a frigate and suddenly know how to drive it and operate the railgun. That makes the glowing sword/fangs/claws kind of meh.
Jaid
QUOTE (Simon Kerimov @ Aug 15 2010, 05:38 PM) *
Natural weapons? Great for melee and whatnot, but a Magician with Task spirits and Guardian spirits can hijack a frigate and suddenly know how to drive it and operate the railgun. That makes the glowing sword/fangs/claws kind of meh.

actually, the railgun would not be a heavy weapons test, it would be a gunnery test. guardians can't learn gunnery, it is a vehicle active skill.
Simon Kerimov
QUOTE (Jaid @ Aug 15 2010, 08:20 PM) *
actually, the railgun would not be a heavy weapons test, it would be a gunnery test. guardians can't learn gunnery, it is a vehicle active skill.

Neat. That helps quite a bit.
Dakka Dakka
If however you had a railgun that wasn't mounted on a vehicle, it could be used with the Heavy Weapons skill
Traul
1) Summon Task spirit with Armorer.
2) Unmount the railgun.
3) Summon Guardian spirit with Heavy weapons.

Piece of cake.
sabs
Technically he would need armorer AND mechanic: watercraft
Walpurgisborn
QUOTE (sabs @ Aug 16 2010, 09:48 AM) *
Technically he would need armorer AND mechanic: watercraft

One force 6 task spirit then.
Dakka Dakka
Why is that? To remove a weapon from a mount does not take any test only time according to Arsenal p. 147.
sabs
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Aug 16 2010, 03:10 PM) *
Why is that? To remove a weapon from a mount does not take any test only time according to Arsenal p. 147.

Actually it doesn't say it doesn't need a test.
It just doesn't mention it at all, either way.

I would imagine removing the weapon mount would be as difficult as installing it (if you want the weapon to still work)

Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (sabs @ Aug 16 2010, 05:20 PM) *
I would imagine removing the weapon mount would be as difficult as installing it (if you want the weapon to still work)
True, but we are not talking about removing the weapon mount but taking the weapon from the mount.
sabs
We're talking about removing a RAIL GUN from a turret mount on a deck of a Frigate.

Not from removing an MMG from a flexible mount ontop of a tank.

I argue that you cannot remove the railgun without removing the weapon mount
Dakka Dakka
You may be right, but you could also just acquire the railgun without the mount and frigate.
sabs
Sure smile.gif
but this was not part of the silly strawman argument being had.
If you get the railgun without the ship, then you don't need the spirit with armorer either..
Just straight to heavy weapons and profit.
Dakka Dakka
Correct. I agree that a gauss cannon is awesome but a gauss rifle would be enough for most situations. A lot less hassle.
Dumori
QUOTE (Neraph @ Aug 15 2010, 05:27 PM) *
The Natural Weapon power is described as being fangs and claws, a flaming sword, or anything else that would be used in combat. The composition or appearance of a spirit doesn't matter.

Can't you also get rangeed nature weapon or is that none PC free spirits only RAW?
Aaron
QUOTE (Dumori @ Aug 16 2010, 07:48 PM) *
Can't you also get rangeed nature weapon or is that none PC free spirits only RAW?

That one's called Elemental Attack and can be found somewhere in the vicinity of p. 295 in your hymnal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012