Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dream Pact
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Machiavelli
I already quoted my opinion that most of the spirit pacts are close to useless, but what would YOU request as a compensation for a dream pact you agree with a spirit. According to the description, it is incredibly useful for a spirit itself, but what would be an adequade payment for the character?
Hagga
A permenant spirit power.

Earthquake or storm, using willpower instead of magic, might be nice.
Makki
one service per night?
Blade
QUOTE (Makki @ Aug 26 2010, 01:53 PM) *
one service per night?

Only if it's dikoted.
Mordinvan
QUOTE (Blade @ Aug 26 2010, 05:18 AM) *
Only if it's dikoted.

and ribbed for your pleasure.
Machiavelli
Is "hidden life" something that needs an extra pact? I donīt have the book available.
Machiavelli
QUOTE (Mordinvan @ Aug 26 2010, 01:21 PM) *
and ribbed for your pleasure.

We are talking about "spirit pact", not "hooker job"..^^
Badmoodguy88
Well your body is well protected wile you sleep.

But...
If someone knocks you out with sleeping gas would it cause the spirit to take over your body?
Aslo what happens if a spirit has multiples of this pact?
Mordinvan
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Aug 26 2010, 05:26 AM) *
We are talking about "spirit pact", not "hooker job"..^^

You're prostituting your body out.... not really sure there is a difference.
Johnny B. Good
This is relevant to my interests.

Has anybody houseruled any spirit pacts? I'm looking to magic up my mundane some, but I don't think I would make any of the pacts in the book. I'd probably do a dream pact, but the sleep regulator means that's only four hours every two days.
Doc Chase
Name the spirit Tyler Durden and just roll with that. biggrin.gif
Machiavelli
QUOTE (Mordinvan @ Aug 26 2010, 12:52 PM) *
You're prostituting your body out.... not really sure there is a difference.

He could do a LOT of money....he could also get a job at a liquor store. 2 incomes....great.^^
jimbo
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Aug 26 2010, 09:01 AM) *
Name the spirit Tyler Durden and just roll with that. biggrin.gif

"And the first rule..."
Neraph
QUOTE (Badmoodguy88 @ Aug 26 2010, 07:51 AM) *
Well your body is well protected wile you sleep.

But...
If someone knocks you out with sleeping gas would it cause the spirit to take over your body?
Aslo what happens if a spirit has multiples of this pact?

1) I don't know if "knocked out" equals "asleep," although it would make extremely cool imagery for an NPC fight though.
2) Nothing bad would happen if a spirit had multiples, as long as all the recipients were in different time zones.
Machiavelli
Question No. 1 opens up a completely new discussion. Now we should find a final solution for the modifiers that a spirit really has if the body it possesses had been hurt or is unconscious.
Megu
The spirit needs to spend some time at the gym so I don't have to.
Dahrken
QUOTE (Neraph @ Aug 27 2010, 07:14 AM) *
1) I don't know if "knocked out" equals "asleep," although it would make extremely cool imagery for an NPC fight though.

If I'm not mistaken something along those lines happens in Ghost Cartels, one of the NPCsgoes down in a fight only to stand up buffed out to the max by a powerful spirit and whipe the opposition.
WyldKnight
Yes, but NPCs do not always use the same rules they do. The writers have been known to take artistic license not to mention the fact how do we know they just weren't a vessel prepared in advance by a Houngan?
Badmoodguy88
People probably take dream the dream pact because why not. For the cost of one spirit pact you can have all the pacts the spirit has to give and is willing to give. Dream pact is probably something that helps the spirit more but that could be part of the original negotiations.

Also as an interesting loop hole this would give a materialization spirit the opportunity to moonlight as a possession spirit some of the time. The best of both worlds. Plus it does not come with huge drawbacks like a friendship pact does.
Machiavelli
Hah, Saturday morning and brain is working again.^^ Regarding "knocked out and stands up again, buffed to max by a powerful spirit" i have to say that THIS wouldnīt be a problem. This is a common possession procedure that is described in the digital grimoire, but does "knocked down" qualify as "asleep"?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012