Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: armor rating in astral
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
pster
Hey does astral beings have armor rating in the astral world?
Badmoodguy88
Mystic armor, the armor spell, or immunity to normal weapons.
Badmoodguy88
double post
pster
I meant without the spells. Like a mage astrally projecting, does not have armor when being attacked by a spirit in the astral world, unless he/she cast those spells, you basically enter the astral world naked right? So if you get hit by a spirit you only resist with your spiritual "body" attribute?
But spirits have their standard armor+body in force even in astral right?
Makki
no they don't. they only get immunity to normal weapons when materialized. the immunity grants them some artificial armor.
Draco18s
Or you can be a drake. Drakes have Mystic Armor (the critter power) which is also Hardened (and uselessly hardened at rating 4).
Summerstorm
Not if something inept attacks you with TINY BABY FISTS and you have a crippled body score... But yeah.

Also: The armor spell does not work in the astral. But i think one could make some kind of mana-version of it. (Since you have to counter people running... flying/whatever around in there with weapon foci.) Or maybe allow some kind of armor-fokus? Hmm... i hope i haven't opened a can of worms here *g*.
CanRay
"Um, what is that?" "Oh, it's a foot bone from Saint Martin of Tours, patron saint of soldiers. My Faith is my Shield." nyahnyah.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Sep 2 2010, 09:47 AM) *
Not if something inept attacks you with TINY BABY FISTS and you have a crippled body score... But yeah.

Actually happened to my character once when Bear Who Digs Through Walls and I broke into a rigger's control room. Cut his matrix connection and then proceeded to Console Hack to get what I needed. Bear largely ignored the pudgy human because he was interested in the guy's fridge. I largely ignored him because I couldn't talk to him (ah, vocal cords) and he couldn't hurt me (thought it was funny to have the GM describe the guy wailing on me like a small child, then running away in fear from a drake and a bear).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012