Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horror Themed Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Wounded Ronin
Resource management sounds like the big thing in a campaign taking place in a cut off city.

You know what really made an impression on me? The rotting horrific female elf now undead on the Slayer's Guide To The Undead back cover by Gygax.

I mean, horror movies usually have boobies, but that makes it silly and not scary. But actual undead monsters who used to be a player character, I guess that can get pretty creepy.
tifunkalicious
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Sep 3 2010, 08:08 PM) *
Speed is scary.

Three scariest critters in Fallout 3, IMO?

Deathclaw
Giant Radscorp
Yao Guai

All three of them come out of nowhere to maul your ass as you're just walking around. nyahnyah.gif

You forgot feral ghouls in the subways. The three you listed are some of the stronger enemies in the game, and even though most feral ghouls go down to a single headshot from a hunting rifle a couple levels in, nothing really prepares you for how FAST they run when you accidentally attract their attention, even if you're looking straight at them.

What's worse is the knowledge that things that are faster than you can also see you in the dark. Although the vast array of technology and magic options to assist in detecting enemies hinders this. However, MAGICAL invisible things ramps it up a bit. A troll hunter I play with has good eyes and sight enhancement but is partially deaf due to years of instigating machine gun fire (I never said he was a FAIR hunter). I cringe whenever I have to roll a hearing perception test, especially if I'm separated for some reason.
CanRay
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Sep 6 2010, 12:07 AM) *
Resource management sounds like the big thing in a campaign taking place in a cut off city.

Oooooooooooooooo, that would have been very important in "Bug City" when it was walled off!

Kind of like "Brain" was in Escape from New York. He was important because he could make fuel for cars and "Knew stuff".

Apparently, reading isn't so big with Gangs for some reason. nyahnyah.gif

Anyhow, I could see big battles over guys that had the knowledge on how to maintain and work a lathe, and thus keep machinery going.
Piersdrach
QUOTE (Critias @ Sep 5 2010, 12:22 AM) *
Well, yeah. Which was part of the whole "talk to the players, before you worry about what rules to use" advice.

I quote the whole post because, just like mine, I hope the OP reads it more than once. It's important. rotfl.gif

I talked to the one person in our group who would've(I think) had the most issues with it, before actually going down this road. It was given the Greenlight The others are already fans of WoD, so they are 'into' that genre.

I just need to figure out how to implement it. I have a lot to think about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012