Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suppresive fire and recoil reduction
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 9 2010, 03:55 PM) *
Also, MLRS attacks are just vastly cooler. It's insulting to equate them to something a pistol can do. biggrin.gif

Heheheh... Yeah, this is true... smokin.gif
ZeroPoint
While I like the delayed action idea, what i've ruled at my table is that using suppressive fire expends 20 rounds per combat round, regardless of the number of IPs a character has. A character will initiate a suppressive fire action on one IP, as normal and on subsequent IPs, can use a complex action 'maintain suppressive fire' and allow them to adjust the field of fire. It really comes out to about the same thing except the player isn't forced to empty a clip after 2 passes, reload, and empty another clip...all within 3 seconds.

I've been thinking about ways to address the short/long/full burst rules as well, but ...havn't really come up with a way yet that doesn't impact to heavily.
Yerameyahu
Agreed. 'Maintain' seems like the best option, because it also allows the Wired character to 'abort' the suppression and do something else. No free lunch, but no penalty either.
Aerospider
QUOTE (Neurosis @ Sep 9 2010, 06:23 PM) *
As far as I know you don't even make an attack roll for suppressive fire, you just spray and pray?

You do make an attack roll but it's treated like a success test and the recoil is waivered.

Given that the successes on this test add to the damage value and is used as the dodgin threshold implies that you don't spray and pray.
Besides, 20 bullets spread over a 10-meter-wide target area over three seconds would have almost no chance of hitting someone.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Paul Kauphart @ Sep 8 2010, 04:07 PM) *
Exept that in that case, it's not rounds, but HE slugs (thoses new things someone posted about somewhere in dumpshock)

That particular scene, it's shot rounds.

He doesn't switch to the HE rounds til later when he needs to clear out the towers.

The funny thing is, the Frag-12 ammo has been kicking around since 2005. It just keeps getting re-posted as "new" because people keep finding out about it and thinking they're the first to mention it.

Don't go using logic and math, Aerospider. biggrin.gif I agree that your character is 'trying to hit people', though. smile.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Aerospider @ Sep 10 2010, 05:30 AM) *
You do make an attack roll but it's treated like a success test and the recoil is waivered.

Given that the successes on this test add to the damage value and is used as the dodgin threshold implies that you don't spray and pray.
Besides, 20 bullets spread over a 10-meter-wide target area over three seconds would have almost no chance of hitting someone.

Net hits for Suppressive Fire DO NOT ADD to the Damage of the Weapon... all they do is increase the threshold to avoid the base damage of the weapon... wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012