Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armor degradation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Evilness45
I glanced about the rule for armor degradation, which looks easy and fast and effective.
However, it seems to remain silent on shield. Actually, it's silent on armor layering.
How to know what piece of armor gets downgraded if the character is wearing several pieces of armor?
sabs
Maybe do a simple top layer first?
Or maybe bottom layer first.
or split evenly between the two?
Yerameyahu
Or all at once. No free lunch! smile.gif

sabs is right, though: you have options. All layers, top, bottom, split, hell—choose one randomly…
Evilness45
Yeah well, I feel more comfortable when theres a rule to it. It seems fair with clear rules.
Bah, I'll figure out something.
sabs
Well if it's 1 point of degredation, go with the armor that covers more of the body.
If it's several points, split them as evenly as possible.

Neraph
QUOTE (sabs @ Sep 13 2010, 09:29 AM) *
Maybe do a simple top layer first?

That's how I would run it. PPP/Shields/helmets would go first, then down to other armors.
Dahrken
QUOTE (Neraph @ Sep 14 2010, 01:04 AM) *
(...) PPP (..) would go first, then down to other armors.

PPP also exist in a version to wear hidden under clothes, and in this case would be damaged later.
Neraph
True.
Warlordtheft
Could be all layers if GM wants to be really nasty with this rule (it is optional). Also keep in mind armor incumbrance would be based on the original armor value.

jakephillips
I start with the outer layers. Armor jacket before form fitting. I also check the pow vs the outer layer so Pow 9 shoots through the armor jacket reducing its armor while still doing stun damage because of the Form Fit underneath.
Karoline
QUOTE (jakephillips @ Sep 16 2010, 09:50 PM) *
I start with the outer layers. Armor jacket before form fitting. I also check the pow vs the outer layer so Pow 9 shoots through the armor jacket reducing its armor while still doing stun damage because of the Form Fit underneath.

That sounds like the most accurate way to do it, but it might be a bit more extra calculations than most people want. And it still leaves open the question of things like PPP. With most of it being an armor of about 1, that means it'd all get degraded on the first shot, which wouldn't make alot of sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012