Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spending and burning Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
pbangarth
Here's the potential scenario:

PC has 5 Edge points. He spends one early in the run, leaving 5 total, 4 left. Later on, shit hits the fan and he has to burn a point of Edge to survive. Burning a point drops his maximum/total to 4.

In this case, does he burn the Edge that has been spent, leaving 4 total, and 4 to be spent, or does he burn one of the unspent, leaving him 4 total, and three to spend?

The former looks like that 5th point got used twice. The latter looks like he burned and spent a point for the save.
Method
Hmmm good question. I am inclined to say that he drops to 4 with 3 to spend, but I don't think there is a clear rule on this.
Game2BHappy
Maybe its just me, but if your player got into a situation bad enough to need to burn permanent edge, I might go with whatever one is more advantageous to the player. smile.gif
tete
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 17 2010, 12:13 AM) *
Hmmm good question. I am inclined to say that he drops to 4 with 3 to spend, but I don't think there is a clear rule on this.

/agree, I think this falls under one of those things you have to go with RAI rather than RAW
Draco18s
Given that you can burn Edge even when you have none left to spend....?

Still, I'd go with 4(3) after the burn, that way it works Just Like Magic (pun intended).
Caadium
QUOTE (Game2BHappy @ Sep 16 2010, 05:14 PM) *
Maybe its just me, but if your player got into a situation bad enough to need to burn permanent edge, I might go with whatever one is more advantageous to the player. smile.gif

I also agree with this. But then again, thats just me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012