Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [DDH] Issue 1 Draft Released
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Stahlseele
You're a bad bad man-thing ^^
warrior_allanon
Hamburg it is then, all i could think of for Germany in game was berlin and RRMP
Stahlseele
You could make it either a franchise thing or one of those magical shops that weren't there yesterday but now have allways been there as of today and have it appear anywhere you please ^^
warrior_allanon
nope, hamburg was destroyed in the black tide. was looking at the 6th WA and paging through the nations
Grinder
Hamburg wasn't destroyed. Your canon-fu is weak today. grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
Half of it was flooded and still is, but we are kinda used to that even today, so what did the people do?
reinforce what was still standing, seal up the lower parts and either fill them out with concrete or pump them out to have space available again.
you can actually traverse big parts of the SR hamburg by mini sub without ever going above the waves . .
and in addition to the usual biker gangs, SR Hamburg also has jet-ski gangs. hover pirates and more conventional pirates and smugglers use Hamburg as a port of choice too.
it's actually a pretty nifty setting i think. and no, i don't think that just because i happen to live here . . but it certainly helps ^^
ravensmuse
I just had the weirdest idea...short stories / scripts would be okay for the magazine, right?

Though, it might just be too weird for most.
Stahlseele
Dude, this is SPARTA Dumpshock you're talking about . .
We have things like Binky and the use of weapons as sex toys.
Bull
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jan 5 2011, 12:08 AM) *
A map? In a Shadowrun project? You can't be serious! That would be... MADNESS!

Sorry, couldn't help it. nyahnyah.gif

Heh. Hey now... We have Squinky doing Maps for Missions here. He's cranking out 2-3 maps per adventure smile.gif
Stahlseele
So THAT'S where he vanished to!
CanRay
Well, at least we know they'll be some damned fine maps!
Stahlseele
Yah, they'll be all sexy like
CanRay
OK, for the DDH, can I ask a favor/make a suggestion?

I just had an idea reading through MilSpecTech, and I was wondering... What would other Black BBS Peanut Galleries say about these items? And accepting items, editing them, and putting them together is something I know I would be able to do.

So, could I use the DDH idea as a way of posting just the Shadowtalk about the files "This Old Drone" and "MilSpecTech"? Or would that be a violation of copyright or some such? (I'm not talking about posting the fluff and stats again, just the name of the item, and the cracks and snarks from our group of reprobates.).

It might also be something that could be put together fairly quickly and posted to placate people until the next DDH comes out. wink.gif
warrior_allanon
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jan 23 2011, 01:31 PM) *
OK, for the DDH, can I ask a favor/make a suggestion?

I just had an idea reading through MilSpecTech, and I was wondering... What would other Black BBS Peanut Galleries say about these items? And accepting items, editing them, and putting them together is something I know I would be able to do.

So, could I use the DDH idea as a way of posting just the Shadowtalk about the files "This Old Drone" and "MilSpecTech"? Or would that be a violation of copyright or some such? (I'm not talking about posting the fluff and stats again, just the name of the item, and the cracks and snarks from our group of reprobates.).

It might also be something that could be put together fairly quickly and posted to placate people until the next DDH comes out. wink.gif

absolutely, work it up and send it to me

and raven, again, absolutely, i'm talking with trigger over some comic ideas and working up an episode idea of my own....email me what you have and we'll bounce the ideas around
ravensmuse
I still say we need to get the mailing list going again. We need a place to discuss this stuff, safe from prying eyes wink.gif
CanRay
Yes, let us be away from the Unclean Masses!

*Sniffs* Oh, wait, I might be one of those...
ravensmuse
More seriously, I think we need to get a little bit more organized about this. I wish I could take more of a direct hand in things, but I'm working doubles for the forseeable future and spending what time I have free with the girl. So. But we need to co-ordinate and make our deadlines!
CanRay
*Draws a line in the sand and loads the shotgun* Anyone goes over this here line be dead, ya'hear?
ravensmuse
I'd give you a drumroll...but it was so lame, the lame killed the drummer.

Nicely done, Ray.
CanRay
Actually, that's the origin of the term "Deadline". During the US Civil War/War of Northern Aggression/The Bloody Separatists Are Having A Spat, the Confederates didn't have enough resources for proper POW Camps. They literally drew lines, and anyone that crossed them was shot dead as they were considered trying to escape.
Tiralee
Just read this - impressed and a good resource.

One point that was glaring to me though: Sangre del Diablo - I assume no one writing this had actually priced wood by the cube (Ie: cubic meter) at their local hardware?

FYI ~$800-4000 US, depending on species.

For an exotic tropical hardwood with enormous durability and fire resistance, nuyen.gif 1000/m3 is dirt cheap. As in, "expect to see entire compounds made of this stuff" cheap. Or the doors, even.smile.gif

Another problem:
As one unit of that wood is an exotic reagent (Ie: dragon's blood, dragon's scale, Nixie's hair, trust from an elf...) your average talismonger could buy a cubic metre of it and then retire dispensing "rare and wonderous" magical gee-gaws at knock-down rates.

In my game, I've adjusted the price accordingly, increased the Availabiliy to the low 40's and made damn sure that no half-ass punker team can chainsaw their way into loot city:)

-Tir
Chrome Tiger
Late to the party, as usual, but Bull. Do you still have the 'finished' PDF I sent you? Should we link it up here?

As for #2, bring it. I am not going to try wrangling. Not a fan of wrangling, but I will still toss myself in as needed.
warrior_allanon
QUOTE (Chrome Tiger @ Feb 1 2011, 10:53 AM) *
Late to the party, as usual, but Bull. Do you still have the 'finished' PDF I sent you? Should we link it up here?

As for #2, bring it. I am not going to try wrangling. Not a fan of wrangling, but I will still toss myself in as needed.

no wrangling needed, send me whatever you got if you want in on upcoming issues, where going quarterly for now
Vegetaman
This right here is a beautiful thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012