Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [DDH] Issue 1 Draft Released
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Method
http://bull.dumpshock.com/DDH_Issue_1.pdf

And in other news snow showers expected in hell later today... nyahnyah.gif
deek
Very cool and even though its a draft, I think it looks better than I anticipated. I'm glad it out for the world to see!
Caine Hazen
I'll add in again, the early draft for layout and art that we did.
DSDH #1 Early Proof
BookWyrm
Nice work, Bulll & crew!
Warlordtheft
YEAH!!
Dr.Rockso
So....whens #2? silly.gif
Method
Well at this rate we're cranking out about an issue a year so I'd say Oct 2011. Maybe we should call it the DDH Annual or something. biggrin.gif
CanRay
Enjoying some old ShadowTalker names here. biggrin.gif

Did Bull really get an invite to be a ShadowTalker in the books?
Method
Yes Bull is in print as a ShadowTalker. Can't recall the books off hand but they were the later Fanpro titles IIRC.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 23 2010, 10:17 AM) *
Yes Bull is in print as a ShadowTalker. Can't recall the books off hand but they were the later Fanpro titles IIRC.

Shadows of north america for one.-Saw it while rereading it yesterday.
Bull
My first "Appearance" was Target: UCAS, actually. I answered a trivia question on the ShadowRN mailing list back in the day, along with Adam Jury and several others, and we ended up getting used as posters in that book. Steve Kenson used Bull as a commentor somewhere else, and after that Bull tended to pop up in a bunch of places (I only used him twice myself smile.gif).

There is a "Bull" in Shadowtech, as well, but that's not technically me, since it predates my online involvement or knowing anyone involved by a few years. smile.gif

Bull
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Bull @ Sep 23 2010, 02:26 PM) *
There is a "Bull" in Shadowtech, as well, but that's not technically me, since it predates my online involvement or knowing anyone involved by a few years. smile.gif

Unless there appears a piece of writing where two Bulls meet, I would just assume that it was also your character in Shadowtech. It makes for a good story, and makes the writers seem prescient. smile.gif
Bull
That's how I've always run with it smile.gif
CanRay
Or we could have the two Bulls take each other by the horns over who gets the street name, and the cred that goes with it. nyahnyah.gif
Neurosis
I just find myself thinking about that other Harlequin and chuckling. (You have to have read one example sidebar in 1E to have any idea what I'm talking about, although it is also referenced at the end of the original Harlequin adventure.)
Prime Mover
Poor guy got to be the first example of a summoning gone bad. At least his wife got a few cred out of the deal. nyahnyah.gif
SecGuard
Nice, very, very nice. Thanks for this just made my day.
Draco18s
I didn't read much of it, but

“Happy 10,000 Birthday bGoldensnout.”

That made my day.
Mardegun
Nice work!
Skip
QUOTE (Bull @ Sep 23 2010, 02:26 PM) *

Bull

I always assumed that was you. Heh, the things you learn. I'll go back to lurking now that I've made my annual post.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Skip @ Oct 29 2010, 01:36 PM) *
I always assumed that was you. Heh, the things you learn. I'll go back to lurking now that I've made my annual post.

You mean monthly. You've on average made 15 posts a year since you joined. nyahnyah.gif
Warlordtheft
Any idea if DDH #2 will be put together? Or is this a project that has been put on hold indefinitely?
deek
On hold indefinitely.
warrior_allanon
actually i'm working on it now, got a few changes to the bleeding thing, well ok two really and one's already done and i think i'll leave the second for the next installment, however i do need anyone who's here to contact me Via pm so that i can reconstitute the email circle so issue two is able to be built
CanRay
Any chance of new folks getting in on the deal with the second (Or third) issue?
warrior_allanon
in a word, YES!

Anyone can submit, i may send back for clarification of certain parts and/or editing but eventually everything will go to production
Bull
Good luck guys!
CanRay
All right! Now to figure out what to write...

Kraplakistan perhaps?
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (CanRay @ Dec 23 2010, 02:49 PM) *
All right! Now to figure out what to write...

Kraplakistan perhaps?

What about a little story about Bubba, the love Troll?
ravensmuse
I think I said here I'd be willing to continue the work I was doing for the entertainment sector. I've got notes for another chapter, at the very least.
Caine Hazen
As long as Bubba the Love Troll is in place for the Datahaven, all is right with the world
warrior_allanon
i repeat, anyone who wants in the next issue or wants to work on a constant section PM me and i'll give you my email address
booher
Please tell me Ma Barker is an obvious reference to the actual Ma Barker.

Also it makes me think of Boney M's Ma Baker. And Knorkator's following cover of said disco tune.

Regardless of aforementioned references I think this has a lot of potential, and I very much like reading the adventure structures section, even though I've read it many times before. The Top Ten songs also added in a bit of feel I might utilize beyond our typical troll thrash and rave clubs.

Very solid job everyone. I'm looking forward to more!
Stahlseele
QUOTE (warrior_allanon @ Dec 27 2010, 04:00 PM) *
i repeat, anyone who wants in the next issue or wants to work on a constant section PM me and i'll give you my email address

i shot you a PM, after Bull had to tell me that he does no longer work on this and pointed me here.
Bull
Hehe, yeah, sorry about that Stahl.

Good luck guys. Keep the fan productions flying. smile.gif

Bull
Stahlseele
Not your fault ^^
CanRay
Ah... "Constant"... My latest hiatus (FOUR MONTHS!) has proven to me I can't do consistent anything. frown.gif
Stahlseele
Hey, i told Bull i'd do a translation of a location writeup when this all first started, and i got it done YESTERDAY . .
Method
Stahl: English to German or (hopefully) German to English? smile.gif
Stahlseele
I did a translation of my writeup from german to english, seeing how german is my native language and i did the writeup mostly for my own gaming group ^^
Why? wanna see the german outline?
Method
I was hoping you had written up a German location and translated it into English, but that is cool too. Thanks!
Stahlseele
I did O.o
That's what i just said o.O
Look into your Inbox ^^

But it's not a Canon Location.
It's a Concept Bar i cooked up.
Method
Oops! I saw your second PM (the German version) first and just now found the English. Very cool. Thanks!
CanRay
Yes, there definitely needs to be more bars! biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Method @ Jan 4 2011, 09:04 PM) *
Oops! I saw your second PM (the German version) first and just now found the English. Very cool. Thanks!

No Problem ^^
warrior_allanon
I'm designating that Stahl's bar is in either Berlin, or the Rhine Ruhr plex, Stahl's call on that. Otherwise its going into issue #2
Stahlseele
I'd have chosen hamburg, due to it being my home town, but it's your choice now.
Maybe i'll even do a map of the whole building. not likely though, because i SUCK at that.
Method
I might be inclined to do a map if I have time this week.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Method @ Jan 4 2011, 09:54 PM) *
I might be inclined to do a map if I have time this week.

I have much faith that you are MUCH better than me at this.
Because, seriously? ANYBODY is better than me at this ^^

As i wrote in the writeup, left and right of the mirror behind the bar are the doors to the restrooms.
The Kitchen under the main room is not accessible from the Bar at all, aside from falling through the ceiling/ground.
Same for the Storage area under ground and the security room behind the mirror.
Also, above the ceiling is the living area of the Owner of the Bar. And of course, some rentable rooms/flats for people who don't want to be found.
CanRay
A map? In a Shadowrun project? You can't be serious! That would be... MADNESS!

Sorry, couldn't help it. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012