Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The latest from the $DIETY of War
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 24 2010, 06:22 PM) *
The A-10's GAU-8 has a little bit of recoil, too.

Talk about an understatement... smokin.gif
Shrike30
I'm guessing those LMG's are tied into the anti-missile defense system. You might want to consider replacing them with the heavy man-packed laser described in Arsenal, both to stick with the "frikkin LASER" theme and because I believe lasers are more effective for antimissile work.

I will admit to being sad that there isn't a main tank gun on this thing, but I do understand the concept of equivalent smile.gif
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 24 2010, 09:22 PM) *
Well, that's not necessarily an issue. 105mm howitzers have recoil. biggrin.gif The A-10's GAU-8 has a little bit of recoil, too.

Aheh, yah.

If the current day AC-130 can handle the recoil from all it's massive cannons and howitzers going off constantly, a railgun isn't going to be that much different.

-k
Dumori
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Sep 26 2010, 09:42 PM) *
Aheh, yah.

If the current day AC-130 can handle the recoil from all it's massive cannons and howitzers going off constantly, a railgun isn't going to be that much different.

-k

Also way cooler than a laser and it hits harder at range only real shame is the blast effect. You might hit more than just your target.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012