Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghouls and self-defense
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Christian Lafay
Is it still legal to kill someone in self-defense? And more so, when does it stop? These days I have had cops tell me, "Just don't reload. But you can empty the magazine in defense." So if a ghoul munches on someone in self-defense, is that kosher?
Yerameyahu
It depends on how they're slaughtered, I think? Something about draining the blood, right? wink.gif And the rabbi's blessing, of course.
Christian Lafay
Ha, thanks. And they have to feel no pain. But still, the question stands. If Homeowner Ghoul A has his house broken into by Gangers A, B, and C and proceeds to kick the shit out of them and then eat them would LS or KE care at all?
Neraph
I would imagine so, unless the Gangers are registered organ donors.
Raiki
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 16 2010, 12:40 AM) *
It depends on how they're slaughtered, I think? Something about draining the blood, right? wink.gif And the rabbi's blessing, of course.

Damn, you beat me to it. Anyway, were I GMing it, I would say that biting them to death would be legal, but consuming them would still get your ass arrested.

~R~
Yerameyahu
The short answer is 'yes'. Even if you assume an ironclad Castle Doctrine, you don't get to eat them. smile.gif Or rob them, or secondarily deface the bodies, or dump them in the street, etc. All other crimes (defacing a body is a crime, IIRC) remain crimes. Bad ghoul!

And you wouldn't bite them, ghoul natural weapons are claws. biggrin.gif
Christian Lafay
So be sneakier about it. Got it.
Yerameyahu
Be like Dexter.
Christian Lafay
Man, that is an entire run in it's self. I'm just looking for a late night snack. Like getting paid to clean up the hobo problem. "Got a runner on a street lifestyle, huh? Mwuahahahah"
kzt
The Dominican solution to drug addicts and dealers reducing their NYC property values.

"So what do you think, Detective Jones?"

"Looks like another drug related murder to me. Bag him and haul him, but call me if you find a witness who will testify."
WhiskeyMac
Self-defense really relies on you having no other way out. You can't be standing in the middle of a field, having someone advance on you with a knife, kill them and then claim self-defense. You have to have no other way out.

Course, that also depends on what jurisdiction you're in. In Arizona you can use deadly force to defend person or property. I'm sure in the California Free State, you can probably do the same even though the old California didn't like guns.
Stingray
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Oct 16 2010, 08:44 AM) *
Ha, thanks. And they have to feel no pain. But still, the question stands. If Homeowner Ghoul A has his house broken into by Gangers A, B, and C and proceeds to kick the shit out of them and then eat them would LS or KE care at all?

(If I remember correctly) Ghouls as a Race do not have a right's of the citizen to make legal buy (owning the house) (no Sin), except in Asmodeus (?) and
very few other countries..
and i guess in those countries righ's and Law enforcement take different wiew of this case comparing UCAS
Medicineman
except in Asmodeus (?) and
very few other countries..

in Asamando (and no other Country)
In both Cas and Ucas there is a Bounty of 1500 ¥ for the Head of a Ghoul
They're still extremely contagious and all registered Ghouls are closely watched by Knight Errant (they've got the equivalent of a Criminal SIN)for any other (nonregistered) Ghoul its....Hunting Season

so....NO, no eating in Selfdefense

Hough!
Medicineman
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (WhiskeyMac @ Oct 16 2010, 05:19 AM) *
Self-defense really relies on you having no other way out. You can't be standing in the middle of a field, having someone advance on you with a knife, kill them and then claim self-defense. You have to have no other way out.

Like Stan's uncle from South Park: "That baby bear is coming right for us! Shoooooot!" grinbig.gif

Now, if I recall correctly, Ghouls can now be legal corp citizens and have non-criminal SIN's issued to them if they work for a corp. In this case, if a ghoul is inside some sort of corp "suburb" and his home is invaded by gangers, it would depend upon the corp's legislation on the matter, although, if the gangers had SIN there could possibly some sort of extraterritorial incident on the matter.
KarmaInferno
This is why even as the ghoul, if you even report the break-in, you claim there was a fight but the intruder got away.

grinbig.gif

-k
Angelone
Ghoul- Yes officer I found him in my living room and struggled with him, but he ended up throwing me down and ran out.
*ghoul burps and a pinky toe flies out of his mouth*
Sec Guard- eek.gif
Ghoul- hehe oops... that's embarrassing.
Sengir
You're not even allowed to loot the pockets of somebody you killed in self defence, I doubt taking his leg is okay then. Of course if the self-defence situation involved flechettes on full auto, LS might not notice some parts are missing...
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (Angelone @ Oct 16 2010, 04:14 PM) *
Ghoul- Yes officer I found him in my living room and struggled with him, but he ended up throwing me down and ran out.
*ghoul burps and a pinky toe flies out of his mouth*
Sec Guard- eek.gif
Ghoul- hehe oops... that's embarrassing.

Yup. That settles it. Getting me a ghoul roommate, haha.
SleepIncarnate
Just be careful not to become a midnight snack yourself.
Hagga
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Oct 16 2010, 05:57 AM) *
Man, that is an entire run in it's self. I'm just looking for a late night snack. Like getting paid to clean up the hobo problem. "Got a runner on a street lifestyle, huh? Mwuahahahah"

You just gave me a great idea for my next run. A group of extortionate runners in areas with high hobo populations move in and cause trouble dressed as hobos, or move them into nearby rich areas using control spells and the promises of good eats and lots of cheap synthahol, then charge extra to remove these newly dangerous hobos. However, one of the ghoul extortionists accidently eats a kid of some rich suit who was slumming it and now they have to find the group amongst a swarm of hobos.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012