Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rhino Waresuites
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PresentPresence
I was generous with the Essence and Nuyen cost modifiers to simplify without going too crazy.

Formally, the Rhino Waresuites were developed for those environmentalists looking to stand out and look tough. Informally, they are ideal for radical eco-terrorists looking for some extra bulk when they take out their next poaching ring. Each suite provide one additional dice to social tests with "environmentalists," but one less in all other social tests.

[ Spoiler ]

Wouldn't mind some feedback. By the way, I know that Cyberware is not meant to be combined with Bioware in a suite (or skillsofts for that matter). That is why I have named it a Waresuite. I don't want it to be broken, however. Really, this is more of a fun thinking experiment, and I doubt a GM would allow the multipliers anyway. Dang GMs with their rules.
Ascalaphus
Rhinoplasty? Seriously?

The problem with combining bio and cyber in a suite, is that it plays havoc with the normal computation of whether bioware or cyberware essence costs should be halved.
TheScrivener
Yeah, that's really the only real balance issue.. still totally possible in one surgery, perhaps have the suite at an Essence discount and it never gets halved? Like 10-15%? Just a thought.

As far as the idea goes, I'm totally putting this in an NPC.
Karoline
Very nice suites.

I suggest though that you don't do any sort of half off discount, simply put it down as being X cyberware essence and Y bioware essence, and people will halve their entire cyberware or bioware essence at the end like they normally will. No reason to build the half cost discount into the ware.

I suppose I will take a moment to point out that bioware suites don't exist.

Also, do Rhinos really have a good sense of smell? I suppose most animals have a better sense of smell than we do.
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 23 2010, 12:43 PM) *
Very nice suites.

I suggest though that you don't do any sort of half off discount, simply put it down as being X cyberware essence and Y bioware essence, and people will halve their entire cyberware or bioware essence at the end like they normally will. No reason to build the half cost discount into the ware.

I suppose I will take a moment to point out that bioware suites don't exist.

Also, do Rhinos really have a good sense of smell? I suppose most animals have a better sense of smell than we do.

most of their senses are really good with the exception of sight, due to positioning and just generally poor sight in fact they are largely blind to alot of stuff right in front of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012