Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automatic Fire rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Zyerne
It would also skew things in favor of automatics as those using SS/SA weapons would get no equivalent bonus.
Yerameyahu
Dakka Dakka, you're right: I was only talking about the Strength from cyberarms, not the arm gyro (that can be put in a hand, fine with me).

Yeah, I wouldn't count skill double like that.
PresentPresence
One other source of oft-overlooked RC is the cyber Foot Anchor which adds up to 2 RC if both feet are anchored (while, of course, sacrificing mobility). Moar dakka!
Yerameyahu
Hehe, that's true, but what an extreme investment for so little. People usually try to avoid cyberlimbs when possible.
Zyerne
Normally it'd be a waste to get foot anchors solely for RC, but if you're a troll with a heavy minigun, it might be the last 2 points of RC you need biggrin.gif

Ok, a tripod is easier but just as immobile, so the question becomes which is cooler?
Jizmack
Not trying to be condescending, but the more experienced (i.e. - skilled) you are with firing a fully automatic firearm the more you can keep the gun from flying out of your hands. Skill is a much bigger factor than strength.

Also, your feet never slip from shooting full auto, the gun jerks up in your arms, and so securing your feet to the ground will have little to no effect. Your feet placing to keep balance (which is learned via Skill) is very important, but once you've positioned your legs foot traction is of little benefit.

With that said, I actually agree with you guys that an additional skill modifier should not be used in Shadowrun.

And to the original comment that started this topic… Yes, you can shoot 10 times more rounds in full auto and actually miss your target because of recoil, or more specifically because of your inability to compensate for recoil (at least for assault rifles or bigger).
Yerameyahu
Definitely, Jizmack, but that skill is already factored in by the attack roll. Recoil subtracts from your dice pool, and you dice pool is based on your skill. They directly cancel each other out. That's all I mean by 'double', because you would be counting skill twice. smile.gif
Jizmack
I see your point, and agree smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012