Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something I just noticed..
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zyerne
During chargen, one of the big changes to SR4 over earlier additions is that the stat increases are factored in but the stat reductions have been changed to stat cap reductions.

Earlier editions, all the metatypes got an overall 3 point bonus over humans, now it varies from 3 to 8, favouring trolls.

I know this has been discussed to death, certainly from the orks are better than humans perspective,but..

I just noticed that in Contacts and Adventures there is a table for metatypes that essentially uses the rules from earlier editions.
pbangarth
I didn't notice that table's difference before. Thanks. It could be a hold over from an earlier version. Not like that has ever happened, before, eh?

Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 8 2010, 08:17 PM) *
I didn't notice that table's difference before. Thanks. It could be a hold over from an earlier version. Not like that has ever happened, before, eh?

What, old versions influencing the new version? Nevah!
pbangarth
I was thinking less of influence and more of "forgot to change the table".
Zyerne
Well, did SR3 trolls get +4 str from SR2 or the +5 as per SR4? If the SR3 trolls were the same as SR2 they had to at least update the table.

Using the table is probably easier than saying "add to these, reduce these if they go over caps"

I personally prefered the old way of doing things for PCs but that's another issue entirely.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 8 2010, 08:38 PM) *
I was thinking less of influence and more of "forgot to change the table".

Well, it's also a table for NPCs, not PCs.

I saw it as a quick and dirty way to adjust the average attribute ratings to match the racial tendencies.

I mean, if a stat is normally 3 to 8, the average is probably going to be 5 or 6, a +2 over most baseline humans. So the table just puts it as +2.

-k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012