Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stun Damage Problem
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ranarion
Are there any Options to avoid the Stun damage problem?
the Only Option to stay awake, as far as i know, when the stun-monitor ist full is the bioware, are there any other Options?

Perhaps some Berseker-mode that will do the Trick, or a spell?
Draco18s
K-10.

*Shifty eyes*

Actually, a better solution is two fold:

1) GET SHOT LESS, YOU IJIT. Cover. Use it.
2) Take physical damage more often.
Ranarion
Better solutions yes... but getting not shot isn't always a Option..

And getting more Phys. Damage means using less Armor (what will be suboptimal from the view of my charakter ingame).
Makki
Dream Pact
Yerameyahu
Seriously, 'the Stun damage problem?' smile.gif Meaning 'taking damage'? Hehe.
Ranarion
QUOTE (Makki @ Nov 12 2010, 10:26 PM) *
Dream Pact

Thats... amazing
tagz
Stim patches?
Draco18s
QUOTE (tagz @ Nov 12 2010, 05:10 PM) *
Stim patches?

Stim patches don't keep you from falling unconscious, they just negate the DP penalties.
tagz
Oh yeah. Man, it's been so long since anyone in my group has bought or used one I forgot.

I don't know what the "problem" is. Fill up the physical track and you DIE (well, go into overflow and bleed to death). Compared with that, falling unconscious doesn't sound that bad. I mean, a good GM is going to find a way to keep you in the game if you get captured or whatnot, with rare (and often player driven reasons) exceptions.
Faraday
More importantly, if you take stun damage, have a buddy with first aid patch you up real quick while you're in cover. nyahnyah.gif

Get more cover, get more dodge dice, and/or get more soak dice. That's pretty much it.
UmaroVI
Pain Editor. If you're a mage, when you start running low on Stun boxes, start overcasting by 1-2 so that drain is Physical and won't KO you.
Whipstitch
Or you can just cast and sustain Awaken. It won't mitigate wound penalties, but it will keep you conscious until the effect is ended. Combine with a rating 6 stimulant patch and you might be able to limp out of trouble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012