Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rigger Help
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
R3d*
[open]
So i was planning on making a rigger for an upcoming game and
i recently found out that my DM has banned Unwired
Dumpshock do i make a rigger still, if so how?
or do i change my character?
you are my only hope!
Karoline
Unwired has.... virtually nothing that helps a rigger from a mechanics standpoint except for an extra IP. So, that said I see no reason to not play a rigger with Unwired being disallowed.
sgtbarnes_ky
You don't really need unwired at all, everything you need is is in the 4A main book, and Arsenal. Main book for character building and Arsenal for Drone building. Unwired really doesnt present much for a drone/vehicle rigger, it's mostly for Hackers and Technomancers. Just get a controlr rig and a good commlink, and then cram all the weapons you can on a drone from Arsenal
Karoline
Augmentation also has a couple good things for Riggers. Like control rig booster nanites.
SpellBinder
About all Unwired would help for a Rigger are a couple of autosofts for the drones, a few program options for your commlink, and a quality. None of which are really essential for a really good Rigger.

Arsenal and Augmentation are loaded with way more toys and options for Riggers.
Karoline
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Nov 25 2010, 01:21 AM) *
About all Unwired would help for a Rigger are a couple of autosofts for the drones, a few program options for your commlink, and a quality. None of which are really essential for a really good Rigger.

Arsenal and Augmentation are loaded with way more toys and options for Riggers.

The one important thing that Unwired offers is an extra IP.
KarmaInferno
Also, ask WHY he banned Unwired.

If it's just the stupid stuff about software degradation and pirating, then ask if he could just ban that part.

But overall, as said, you can live without Unwired.

Now if he banned Arsenal you'd be really screwed.

-k
kzt
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Nov 25 2010, 01:02 AM) *
Now if he banned Arsenal you'd be really screwed.

You'd lose some toys, but a few lynxes with a mix of LMGs and MGL-12s supported by flyspys can still do a number on most opponents.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 24 2010, 11:39 PM) *
The one important thing that Unwired offers is an extra IP.

True, but the rest is helpful too. Not as important, and if you can't use Unwired at all it's really not that big of a loss. Besides, if most of the grunts you're working against have only one or two IPs, then having three from running hot still gives you an edge.

Besides, if I made a rigger I'd be finding all the fun stuff in Arsenal anyway.
cybertier
Do not forget the allmighty Tacnet!

I kinda like it with a bunch of Drones
Saint Sithney
The programs and program options from Unwired are essential for any tech pro.

Without the ergonomic option, your drones response will be garbage.
Without the optimization option, you're going to be missing a grip of analyze dice to help keep you safe.

Usually, GMs ban Unwired because they're afraid of the Matrix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012