Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dangerous Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Abschalten
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Dec 22 2010, 09:45 PM) *
The whole dodge/gymanastics thing is giving me an issue, if only stylistically.

Running, Climbing and Swimming are all soldiery skills, to me at least. As is Dodge. Gymnastic dodge not so much but if you're taking Athletics with Synthacardium anyway, taking Dodge on top is somewhat inefficient.

Dodge is a little more useful overall, and more versatile than Gymnastics. And having a high Gymnastics doesn't just mean you're good on the parallel bars or doing flips. It's also knowing how to fall and how to perform an efficient jump, stuff like that.
Zyerne
Oh, I know. I'd happily take both.

If I had the points.
Rastus
I personally never quite understood why people completely eschew Dodge in favor of Gymnastics. I mean, sure BP gets tight real quick, but your kinda just throwing away extra dodge dice. It's not as if you're forced to choose one skill over the other when making a dodge test.

Plus, you know, Gymnastic Dodge is a Full Defense-only option.
Zyerne
I think synthacardium is a big reason to be honest, although there does seem to be two camps, the dodge camp and the gymnastics+melee camp.
Zyerne
Take 2, Essence isn't calculated as bioware isn't finalised but there's still some room (and cash) to spare

[ Spoiler ]
Isinghar
Made a few tweaks, dropped Athletics group a little and got Dodge, changed some negative qualities. Added gear, but still need to detail Contacts.

"Bishop" - Slavko Emil Radko

Description:
[ Spoiler ]

Character Background:
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet:

[ Spoiler ]
Zadaine
Alright, here's the basic crunch on my character. He's built for scouting/getting information, though he's pretty good at analyzing that information as well, so he could serve a tactical or a scouting role.

Character Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Starting Nuyen = 4d6 x 100 = 1,300

Edit: Done
yoippari
I have a name! I always suck at figuring out names and usually default to something I pulled out of randomly typing with my eyes closed and adding vowels as needed. Kindol Armand. This time I'll be playing Eldon McCoy, aka Hatfield.
Thanee
QUOTE (Rastus @ Dec 23 2010, 03:51 AM) *
Plus, you know, Gymnastic Dodge is a Full Defense-only option.

It's the same for Dodge, unless you defend against melee attacks, but then you have your Melee or Unarmed skill to help out (if you have one, that is).

Bye
Thanee
pragma
Finished Sheet

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Am...amp;hl=en#gid=0

Though I don't completely understand the reason for the request, I'll reformat it for Dumpshock later today. (One or two minor changes still in the pipe: might swap out a point of edge for a few more skills, might get a cheaper car in favor of more drones -- because everyone loves a steel lynx with a grenade launcher -- and may do a few other gear tweaks to pick up wired 1.)

Putting a placeholder for a repost of backstory with minor adjustments and contacts included. Realized the Tir and Britain were different places and am going to adjust some nationalities accordingly.

[ Spoiler ]
Rastus
QUOTE (pragma @ Dec 23 2010, 02:42 PM) *
Though I don't completely understand the reason for the request, I'll reformat it for Dumpshock later today.

Oh there's plenty of reasons. First, it doesn't require me to click a link everytime I want to review it. It's easier to read. It's easier to copy into notepad so I can look at it offline. I'm lazy and prefer to only have to scroll up and down. So on and so fourth. nyahnyah.gif
pragma
Your wish is my command, master of game.

That aside, a quick question: I paid for ECCM (and autosofts separately) for each drone. Is that how you want it priced out or should those costs only be paid once?
Rastus
QUOTE (pragma @ Dec 23 2010, 03:04 PM) *
Your wish is my command, master of game.

That aside, a quick question: I paid for ECCM (and autosofts separately) for each drone. Is that how you want it priced out or should those costs only be paid once?

If thy programs are standard full-priced ones with copy protection, then thou shalt pay for each copy. If thy programs art cracked of thine copy protection, then thou needith pay only once, but thou best be wary of software degradtion due to inability to auto-patch thy software.
Isinghar
PMC Name ==> Dx4C

[ Spoiler ]
Zyerne
Black Hat Consulting

The Expendables

Bullets are Cheap, Redshirts are Free
Thanee
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Dec 23 2010, 10:57 PM) *
Redshirts are Free

Only the first batch. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
I wrote up a second character sheet for an Adept Sniper (not posted yet) to see how it turns out, and I think I like this one better than the Mage. smile.gif

I have edited it into the post, where I posted the Mage character sheet also.

Bye
Thanee
Zyerne
Lsoing my net overnight gave me time for a bit of a rethink on the 'ware. However, after getting the issue with the ISP sorted, comp stopped recognising my modem so I've had to rebuild this morning. Kid and I are heading to my parents later which is going to take at least 5 hrs, I'll hopefully be able to post a finished char from there tonight.
yoippari
I'll try to get something done tomorrow morning. Birthday celebrations after work got in the way of writing.
Aria
Ok, it was wishful thinking that my previous version of Requiem was correct...will teach me to do things in a rush!

So here's V3! nyahnyah.gif

Requiem

Character Sketch: Here

Character Background:
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

Rastus - I would have loved to get the Thunderbolts but damn those things are expensive!!! I hope you won't have to check too much against RAW now, I think I've got it right this time!

Everyone else - I have to appologise for the Milspec armour as it may draw some nasty sh*t our way! Ah well, loot some bodies and we can equip everyone in it (without the restricted quality gear too)! Or just get a very good APC...and a tank...and an attack helicopter...must stop reading the War! gear list now... smile.gif
Zyerne
You picked one of my favourite weapons in the game (the Nitama) so I might let you off the armor smile.gif Besides, take a look at what Thanee put his Adept in om page 2....
Thanee
I actually started out with a lower grade, but those light and medium armors have waaay too few slots for all those nice goodies. grinbig.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Merry Christmas! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Rastus
Ok, you know what Aria? I changed my mind. You can keep the Milspec armor, I was mistaking it for it's incarnations in previous editions. I'll just bomb Thanee instead. nyahnyah.gif Seriously man, heavy? For a sniper? I mean I can understand not wanting to die and loving goodies, if you actually need that armor then you fail so very hard at being a sniper. silly.gif
Thanee
True. wink.gif

I don't think she would have had such armor (more like light) in the military. But as a merc, you get the most badass stuff you can lay your hands on, right? At least, I would think so (the Barrett has to wait until it can be afforded, though). smile.gif

Besides, I somewhat doubt, that she will be able to just snipe... that would be kinda boring, or wouldn't it?
The armor is for when she cannot just hang back and snipe, and when that happens, you need all the protection you can get. wink.gif

I would have picked up different kinds for different jobs, but they are too expensive for that (this beast costs over 60k), so I just settled with the one big armor and a regular set in addition.

Bye
Thanee
Rastus
QUOTE (Thanee @ Dec 24 2010, 04:12 PM) *
True. wink.gif

I don't think she would have had such armor (more like light) in the military. But as a merc, you get the most badass stuff you can lay your hands on, right? At least, I would think so (the Barrett has to wait until it can be afforded, though). smile.gif

Besides, I somewhat doubt, that she will be able to just snipe... that would be kinda boring, or wouldn't it?
The armor is for when she cannot just hang back and snipe, and when that happens, you need all the protection you can get. wink.gif

I would have picked up different kinds for different jobs, but they are too expensive for that (this beast costs over 60k), so I just settled with the one big armor and a regular set in addition.

Bye
Thanee

Yeah alright, fair enough. Don't try and cross any rickity bridges or climb any squeeky stairwells with that armor on. nyahnyah.gif
Isinghar
Updated Bishop on Page 5 post.
pragma
Transcribed the final sheet.

[ Spoiler ]
Rastus
Well there we go, that is much easier to read and copy. You know just the right christmas gift for the needy GM, Pragma. biggrin.gif
yoippari
Since it isn't in the book: do I need to do anything other than pay for reagents to start with a couple of prepared vessels? Or for a complex mechanical vessel pay for the device? I'm thinking a simple reagents in a jar for one.
Thanee
Character sheet should be complete now.

Bye
Thanee
Rastus
QUOTE (yoippari @ Dec 24 2010, 06:21 PM) *
Since it isn't in the book: do I need to do anything other than pay for reagents to start with a couple of prepared vessels? Or for a complex mechanical vessel pay for the device? I'm thinking a simple reagents in a jar for one.

You saying you want your pets prepared in chargen? Nah, just pay for what you need to pay for and we'll pretend it's all good. Standard procedures would apply outside of chargen.
yoippari
Background for Hatfield
[ Spoiler ]

Updated Sheet.
[ Spoiler ]

Point breakdown
[ Spoiler ]
Rastus
Alright then, I gave you people time and pretty much all of you have made use of it, during the christmas holidays no less! You've made fun characters despite your free time being taken up and my whining about various things you did. Sadly, I said right from the beginning only six of you would be active at a time and I am sticking with that. So without further delay, the first six players and their characters.

First:
[ Spoiler ]

Second:
[ Spoiler ]

Third:
[ Spoiler ]

Fourth:
[ Spoiler ]

Fifth:
[ Spoiler ]

Sixth:
[ Spoiler ]

Them spoilers made it suspensful, didn't it? nyahnyah.gif I'd like to thank everyone who submitted a character, and I'd also like to remind those that did not make it into the initial six that you are not rejected or anything like that, you just got a bit of a waiting period, but look at the bright side: By the time you get in, you just might start with access to better toys.

I'll be abandoning this thread and opening up the OOC thread real quick, I want everyone who's active to please post their character sheets before anything else, reservists don't need to post anything just yet. In the very near future I'll put up the IC thread with some introductory babble and everyone can get on with this game.

Oh, and I noticed nobody yet came together to agree on a name for the PMC, so I'm going to go ahead and assign one. Got one in honor off all the characters that hail from the UK. You all ready for this?
[ Spoiler ]

Warned ya'll it would be groan-inducing
Thanee
QUOTE (Rastus @ Dec 27 2010, 07:26 AM) *
I'll be abandoning this thread and opening up the OOC thread real quick, I want everyone who's active to please post their character sheets before anything else...

Done.

I noticed, that I'm the only one without an actual "callsign". Thought those were only used by pilots and shadowrunners...

"Kerrigan" is her actual lastname. Added callsign "Lynx" now. So it's Alexa "Lynx" Kerrigan. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Posting here in order to avoid unnecessary clutter in the OOC... I suppose we should wait for Aria to post Requiem before really using that thread, right?

Bye
Thanee
Rastus
No, go ahead and post in the OOC thread. When Aria comes he'll post his character, I'll hyperlink the OP to it, and all will be well.

Beside, I dunno when he'll come around. I'm hoping he'll be back sometime around new years.
Aria
QUOTE (Rastus @ Dec 28 2010, 11:03 AM) *
No, go ahead and post in the OOC thread. When Aria comes he'll post his character, I'll hyperlink the OP to it, and all will be well.

Beside, I dunno when he'll come around. I'm hoping he'll be back sometime around new years.

Sort of here but not, unlikely to be able to post IC before the 4th, sorry frown.gif

A
Thanee
Aria, you should disable smilies in your character sheet post (there is an option for that below the text window when you edit the post (full edit)).

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012