Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Dangerous Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Rastus
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jan 14 2011, 05:05 AM) *
@Rastus: You probably missed that Requiem delayed after Lynx before shooting, but I guess it doesn't really matter for the result. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

Oh, I suppose I did miss that. Oh well, sorry folks but I feel the way I did it is better. nyahnyah.gif Besides, as you said it doesn't change the result and shooting period would throw off the aim of the sniper, thus saving lives, so it's justified if Req decided to jump the gun so to speak.
Thanee
Ok, next question... can I see the two-man patrol and/or the guards at the plane from my position?

When acting after Requiem, I will use the second Simple Action (which I wanted to use to shoot the spotter, but that makes no sense this way, obviously) for an Observe in Detail action then (editing IC accordingly). smile.gif

Perception (visual) 4 hits

Bye
Thanee
Aria
I hate getting shot at smile.gif ah well, better do a full dodge and loose my next action (thank gods for multiple IPs!), don't fancy relying on my armour just yet. Are we using the armour degredation rules by the way?

Full defense: Dodge + Reaction + Wires -5 FA = 10d6.hits(5) → [1,5,2,1,3,1,5,6,3,5] = (4)
Rastus
@Thanee: Yep, you can see them, though the plane guards are a little obscured do to their positions.

@Aria: You forgot to hyperlink the result of the test. It's not that I don't trust you, but Invisible Castle is there to keep rolls honest so you don't have to be. wink.gif Good news is you successfully dodged if that result is accurate.

@Pragma: Hey, you didn't leave again already did you? You going to do something, cause you do got a guy waiting to go after you.
Thanee
Ok. Then I can help out there on my next pass. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Aria
QUOTE (Rastus @ Jan 15 2011, 12:15 AM) *
@Aria: You forgot to hyperlink the result of the test. It's not that I don't trust you, but Invisible Castle is there to keep rolls honest so you don't have to be. wink.gif Good news is you successfully dodged if that result is accurate.

Sorry, got lazy! All my invisible castle rolls can be seen from the link in my signature so there's no point in fibbing! I can link it from now on if you prefer...
Thanee
QUOTE (Rastus @ Jan 15 2011, 12:15 AM) *
@Pragma: Hey, you didn't leave again already did you? You going to do something, cause you do got a guy waiting to go after you.

I would just move on at this point. Ace had his drone trained on the tower, so he will have to spend his first action to reassess the situation and bring it into position against another threat, anyways.

Bye
Thanee
Rastus
Yeah, pretty obvious Pragma is most certainly not doing anything right now... And because I feel like being lazy, I'm going to just quickly bark some demands at people and then do one big IC response before starting the next pass.

Abschalten & Doc Chase: Give me two dodge rolls each you guys, them chinamen are shooting back. No penalties, but you lack cover at the moment.

Yoippari: You've waited far too long for this, but feel free to do something now if you like.

Aria: Dance a irish jig! nyahnyah.gif
yoippari
What kind of range is this? Over 20 m and my group has cover, at least to those at ground level. Also for range modifiers. Under 20m and I'll need to make sure to order my guys to safety.
Rastus
Let's just say the patrol was 50 meters away when you were fired upon, and the plane guards are about 90m. And no, you are not in cover, not the kind that stops bullets. They already know you're behind the bushes, so obscuring your profile isn't going to do much when said cover can't adequetely protect you against windy breezes let alone hot lead.
yoippari
Wording makes it optional, I'm guessing situational, so not going to argue it but... sr4 pg 141 see: Target has good cover or sr4a pg 160 see: Defender/Target has good cover. Oddly they changed which dice pool to modify.

So does that mean that being prone makes us no harder to hit?
Rastus
Ah, that thing. Personally it doesn't make sense to me that you'd get a bonus to dodge because you were lying flat on the ground, otherwise restricting your mobility and being unprotected; as opposed to clinging to something solid that you can duck behind as a reflex. It'd make more sense that lying prone and being at a distance would give you the same effect as being a smaller target(ranges from -2 to -6 to the attack, Arsenal pg. 161) dependant on just how far the distance is.

My ranting on sticks and stones aside, nobody is shooting at you right now. There was that one shot the wounded plane guard made, but that was a clean miss and everyone else is busy with some other target. I just though I should remind you that you are not in 'cover' such as the type that'd keep you from eating lead should you be shot at.
yoippari
Ok. Was thinking that we were still being shot at. Guess we could worry about the guys outside then get to cover.
Aria
QUOTE (Rastus @ Jan 17 2011, 05:55 AM) *
Aria: Dance a irish jig! nyahnyah.gif

<<Dance!>>
Thanee
QUOTE (yoippari @ Jan 17 2011, 08:30 AM) *
Oddly they changed which dice pool to modify.

That is not odd at all... it was one of the more common house rules before SR4A. smile.gif

It's a lot better, if cover is applied to the defender's dice pool.

Bye
Thanee
yoippari
Image mag to reduce range penalty, recoil compensation negates the -2 from burst with more comp to spare for next ip.
Short narrow burst at the guy under the plane.
Agi 3 + Automatics 4 + Smartgun 2 (9d6.hits(5)=4)
Aria
Trying to track targets in my head (whilst thinking about several other games nyahnyah.gif)

The tower has been neutralised
The guards by the plane have likely been taken care of?!?
There's a patrol out there that are still shooting at people
There will shortly be a sniper on the hanger roof and the squad inside

Does this more or less represent what's going on or have I missed something?

Cheers

A
Thanee
There will probably be multiple riflemen on the roof. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Doc Chase
Oh right, I built this guy to work at long range, not up close where I sent him in. Here's hoping he can soak.

No actual Dodge skill, defaulting to Agility Reaction in the most convoluted method I can surmise.

3d6.hits(5) → [4,2,5] = (1)
3d6.hits(5) → [4,6,6] = (2)

6d6.hits(5) → [3,2,3,4,4,6] = (1)
Thanee
@Doc Chase: When you defend against attacks, you roll Reaction (and there is no defaulting penalty, since you do not actually roll Dodge there... that's only when you spend an action to do a Full Defense). So it's 6 dice for you, not 3 (you could probably just take both rolls together for your first attempt wink.gif).

Bye
Thanee
Doc Chase
This is what happens when I'm AFB at work and hung-over.
yoippari
Oh, just browsing arsenal and see that guncam is an actual accessory. My mention of guncam is referring just to the smartgun system. The smartgun thing has always seemed a bit wonky to me. Seems like using any visual enhancements requires that they be bought for the gun and that while shooting your glasses/goggles/contacts are mostly useless since you are viewing through the camera to your image linked glasses. But... that also seems kinda nitpicky.
pragma
Back again.

Actions for the pass include locating the access hatch on the roof and maneuvering the drone to get a good shot at it.

If that requires an "observe in detail" simple then I'll delay the second simple action to lock onto anyone who comes out of the hatch

Locate hatch on roof perception. (6d6.hits(5)=0) -- Critical Glitch, spend edge to reduce to normal glitch
(Actually, after that first roll, the second simple would probably be spent looking again.)
Locate hatch on roof perception again. (6d6.hits(5)=5)

Otherwise, I'll delay the complex action to double-tap whoever pokes their head out of the roof.

Sensor 3 + Gunnery 5 - Metahuman Target Signature 3 Shooting Roof Sniper (5d6.hits(5)=3)

Here's hoping the hatch is obvious, the edge remains unspent, and that a double-tap from a silent blimp catches the sniper unawares.
Abschalten
Going Full Defense.

Reaction 4 + Dodge 3 + Ranged spec 2 = 9 dice.

Dodge 1: 9 dice

Dodge #1: 3 hits

Dodge 2: 8 dice (-1 for a second attack)

Dodge #2: 3 hits
Doc Chase
Looks like I get to try to soak, even if Castle isn't too happy with me right now. nyahnyah.gif
Rastus
Okay then, with everything punched in we can move on.

Abs is lucky, clean dodges on both attacks. Doc Chase is much less lucky, he's eating bullets. More specifically, he's soaking 11S twice with an AP of -1. Gimmie them rolls Doc.

I'll do my big IC response before the night is through.
Doc Chase
Oh boy. Looks like I won't be doing much for a few days.

20d6.hits(5) → [4,3,3,6,6,2,3,4,2,3,6,6,5,3,6,3,6,2,2,5] = [8]
20d6.hits(5) → [3,5,1,1,1,5,1,2,1,1,4,4,4,3,2,3,6,5,5,1] = (5)

And yeah, I know I'm exceeding again. Going to have to softweave all this armor or something so I can actually soak.

edit: You've got eight minutes before the night is through as of this editing. nyahnyah.gif
Rastus
Sorry Yoippari, but those redshirts were technically supposed to go before you so they targeted the plane guards as ordered by Cor. No matter, should be easy to pick off the few guys that remain. Seriously, only one guy is capable of firing back right now. Somebody blow shit up!

Iniative as it stands thus far!:
Second IP: Requiem(17)[USED UP]-> Lynx(15) -> Cor(13)[USED UP] -> Plane Guard 2(12) -> Ace(12) -> Loony(10) -> Hatfield(6)

Third IP: Requiem(17)-> Ace(12) -> Loony(10)

Fourth IP: Ace(12)

Next up: Lynx

So, anybody like the little Battle Status spoiler I decided to include? If the colors are eye-gougingly gaudy, it means it works wink.gif. Anybody feel it should tell a little more aside from what it does now? Keep in mind I can't give you exact health of badguys and there's no point in saying if you notice them or not, because they'd just disapear from the roster if you didn't see them.
Thanee
Nice status! smile.gif

Lynx is going to take the patrol under fire, seeing that Requiem is heading towards the plane already.

Call Shot for +4 DV for the first shot

1st shot will be on the first guy (assuming a -1 for range)

Just 1 hit with Base DV 12 and AP -3

2nd shot on the second guy (assuming a -1 for range)

Better 6 hits with Base DV 8 and AP -3

Bye
Thanee
Rastus
It's -2 per to switch targets, Thanee. So the second shot is supposed to be 10 dice, and therefor I'm knocking off the last two dice you rolled, which are sadly a pair of hits.
Thanee
The -2 is taken in already. 15 base, -1 range, -2 target change.

The first has less because of the -4 from called shot.

Bye
Thanee
pragma
Questions:

1. Did I locate any access hatches on the hangar roof.

2. Didn't mention this last time, but can I avoid wasting the first pass by double tapping the plane guard after everyone else has acted? (Double Tapping Plane Guard #2. (5d6.hits(5)=0). Not going to hit anything, hope the good infiltration test pulls the drone through.)

3. Can you issue commands to other drones while jumped into a drone? Haven't found any rules on the subject, but I'll assume no for now otherwise there would never be any incentive to not be jumped in.

Post my second pass action:

If I've located the access hatch and no one has come out of it by my turn on pass 2 then I'll jump out of the blimp (simple 1) and issue a command (simple 2) to the doberman to start moving towards the hangar and while suppressing the Chinese patrol.

Doberman's shots w/ pilot 3 + targetting (Ares Alpha) 3: Doberman suppressing chinese patrol #1. (6d6.hits(5)=2)
Rastus
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jan 19 2011, 02:21 AM) *
The -2 is taken in already. 15 base, -1 range, -2 target change.

The first has less because of the -4 from called shot.

Bye
Thanee

Ah, I see now. It's too late for this.

And sure Pragma, if they're still breathing in a minute you can feel free to supress them.
yoippari
So did I simply miss the guy by the plane or is that the one that is dead but the injured guy is still around?

The only thing with the status spoiler is that the yellow is hard to see with the light grey background.
Doc Chase
Looks to me like the injured guy was the one you and Bravo blasted, and now he is hamburger.

I like the battle update, Ras.

edit: Checked the map, probably don't have a way to lob a CS grenade in through the front door - is there a window I can fire through and get the grenade lobbed into the hangar?
Aria
Can I still keep running towards the plane (even though I had an interupt defence action this IP)? Bit vague on movement rules and how far you move each IP...

Oh, and can you tell me what the program was you used to create the air strip map? Would be useful for my game!

Thanks

A
Thanee
I made the original map with Gimp (it's like Photoshop just free, and million times better than MS Paint).

It's really not that hard to make simple maps like that (the plane was imported, I just searched the web for a plane icon to use for that).
You can also make a lot more sophisticated stuff with it, but it takes some practice.

There are tons of tutorials out there on how to use it.

Bye
Thanee
Aria
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jan 19 2011, 07:25 PM) *
I made the original map with Gimp (it's like Photoshop just free, and million times better than MS Paint).

It's really not that hard to make simple maps like that (the plane was imported, I just searched the web for a plane icon to use for that).
You can also make a lot more sophisticated stuff with it, but it takes some practice.

There are tons of tutorials out there on how to use it.

Bye
Thanee

Ah ok, was wondering if it was something online...not to worry, can play with photoshop any time I like really, just need to find somewhere suitable to upload the results...I guess Devart where I put my character sketches would be fine...
Thanee
Heh. Ok. No, it was just as simple as that. biggrin.gif

I use imageshack.us for picture uploads.

Bye
Thanee
Rastus
@pragma: Yes, you found a hatch but nobody is through it yet(combat turns are ridiculously short for what can potentially happen within one). No you cannot retroactively not waste a turn, things are more or less set in stone after it's done outside of some serious, SERIOUS mistakes that need hamfisted retcons. Also I checked some stuff, and you CAN issue commands while jumped-in, but you cannot remote control. Remember, to be 'issuing commands' means the drone acts on its own initiative with it's own dicepool, none of that hot-sim or whatever nonsense will help the drone.

@yoippari: Yeah, you killed the wounded guy just as Doc Chase said. If you look at the battle update, you'll notice the one guy left isn't hurt at all. Think about it.

@Doc Chase: No, there are no visible windows from the ground level, but there are the translucent fiberglass skylights on the rooftop that Ace's drone has been staring at for what nonexistant help that gives you. You could make a run for the door, but you've got a long way to go in a short time before they close the doors. Gotta hoof about 80... Maybe 85 meters if you just want to be able to see through the door without actually being there, and your running speed is about 25 meters a turn(That's full combat turn, not individual IP's), plus an additional 2 meters for every hit you score on a Running test. I'd say you got about 3-4 turns before the door shuts, so even if you clear the distance you'd still be in a dead run by the time you're able to make the throw.

@All: Combat is basically 'over' in the rigid sense, even if you decide to cap the poor scared plane guard just go ahead and make the roll; Cor, Loony and Alpha Team would need to run for a bit before they'd be able to see around the corner just enough to get a clear shot, everyone else is unobscured.
Aria
If we're out of combat time, Req will go and check there's nobody else on board the plane (ramp still down?)
Rastus
Yes, it's down. Go for it.
pragma
@Rastus:

Sorry, I think we may have had a miscommunication; I was asking if I could take the delayed action at the end of my turn, but if I had to spend my simple actions looking for things it would, of course, be silly for me to ask to revoke the action. In the future I'll try to be more specific when I post multiple courses of actions depending on rulings I don't know yet.

Any rate, with combat over it's high time to get the laser mic fired up. If it's possible to point the laser mic and rifle at different targets then I'd like to continue covering the roof hatch (accruing take aim actions if not sensor locks) while micing the fiberglass panels.

Laser Mic Fiberglass After Fight. (12d6.hits(5)=3)
Thanee
Tower checklist

- get to the tower
- get into the tower (is it locked?)
- get up there, where the sniper/spotter were
- check surrounding area and hangar roof
- check sniper/spotter for anything useful (esp. comms, weapons/ammo)
- drop sniper/spotter bodies down behind the tower
- take position there and cover the hangar roof and main entrance

Bye
Thanee
Aria
Perception: 9d6.hits(5) → [4,5,3,3,2,6,3,2,4] = (2) Here
Thanee
@Aria: I would assume, that he has closed the security door to the cockpit, and hasn't actually left the plane. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Aria
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jan 23 2011, 11:29 AM) *
@Aria: I would assume, that he has closed the security door to the cockpit, and hasn't actually left the plane. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

Doh...
Thanee
I'm sure Rastus will soon tell us more, but until then, I will hold off answering your call. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Aria
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jan 23 2011, 10:56 PM) *
I'm sure Rastus will soon tell us more, but until then, I will hold off answering your call. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

Have edited my post...
Thanee
Ok.

I guess then it's Ace's turn with the Surprise Test. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012