Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juggernaut help
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WyldKnight
So at some point we may have to bring in a Juggernaut alive. Dead I could handle (Gauss rifle ftw) but alive I'm not so sure about. With it's immunities I don't think knockout gas is much of an option. Hardened armor makes DMSO rounds pointless too if I remember correctly. So how would you go about taking in one of these things alive? It can still be harmed but it has to be in relatively good condition.
Medicineman
Possesing Spirit !

Hough !
Medicineman
Kronk2
WWOOOOAH FREAKY, We did that tonight. We made Juggernaut dance tonight as part of an insurance scam.

~~~
edit
I am still having visions of juggernauts in tutus
~~~
Sengir
Stun spells still work, but you will probably need a decently large ritual group to pull it off.
Stahlseele
Litres of anaesthetics
Sengir
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 8 2011, 04:40 PM) *
Litres of anaesthetics

Immunity to toxins...so no drunk Juggernauts, sorry
Stahlseele
OK, i did not know that.
WyldKnight
Idk if our mage could handle that many stunbolts and we lack possession spirits. Some sort of mood control spell maybe? Make the Juggernaut nice and placid?
CanRay
Well, immunity of toxins gets rid of my idea of ginormous amounts of booze and THC...
WyldKnight
The image of a stoned juggernaut is pretty amusing. Even better if he's smoking with his attuned Mystic Adept Rasta shaman.
CanRay
"Yo, dudes, we got a problem." "What, it can't be cotton mouth, he just drank a lake." "Nah dudes... Munchies." "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Makki
I can see a Sonic Screech Rifle to work. aswell as every kind of electric damage. just taser it
Kronk2
Handle animal is also an easy way to do it.
Stahlseele
Illusion Spells?
Make where you want it to go look inviting enough for it to go there of it's own?
pbangarth
An illusion of a juggernaut of the opposite sex to entice it into its transport container?
Stahlseele
I was thinking more of a mountain of food, but that would work too . .
And if you wanna be really mean, cast the illusion on the vehicle of somebody you don't like.
Even if it's not completely obliterated, imagine the owner having to clean THAT up . .
Seth
There are a ton of mind control spells. Even if you don't have one now, its only 5 karma for the mage to get one, and sometimes you have to invest in order to get returns.

Failing that you can create an illusion of something very tempting and attract it to the target, or to the pit with lots of duct tape in it (duct tape can do anything)

You can always get a possessing spirit to help with the calling rules from running wild
WyldKnight
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 8 2011, 01:07 PM) *
I was thinking more of a mountain of food, but that would work too . .
And if you wanna be really mean, cast the illusion on the vehicle of somebody you don't like.
Even if it's not completely obliterated, imagine the owner having to clean THAT up . .

That image will haunt me for god knows how long.

I think we're going for a two parter. Entice the target with a mountain of food. Once he gets inside the mobile enclosure and realizes the food isn't real we cast a control emotions spell and make it nice and placid for the ride home. The trick is making sure we keep it placed.

I would love to use a possession spirit but our GM won't let us use em for the most part sadly enough.
Game2BHappy
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 8 2011, 01:58 PM) *
An illusion of a juggernaut of the opposite sex to entice it into its transport container?

Heh... all I can imagine right now is:
Team Lead: "Okay team, there's the juggernaut. Sandman, you get ready to cast an illusion spell. Slice, you run up under that thing and find out what sex it is."
Slice: "awww man... not again."
Stahlseele
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Jan 8 2011, 09:48 PM) *
That image will haunt me for god knows how long.

*snickers* ^^
QUOTE (Game2BHappy @ Jan 8 2011, 09:59 PM) *
Heh... all I can imagine right now is:
Team Lead: "Okay team, there's the juggernaut. Sandman, you get ready to cast an illusion spell. Slice, you run up under that thing and find out what sex it is."
Slice: "awww man... not again."

poor guy ^^
Mäx
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Jan 8 2011, 08:16 AM) *
So how would you go about taking in one of these things alive? It can still be harmed but it has to be in relatively good condition.

Stick&Shock ammo, if your sammy doesn't for some weird reason have any, then just buy a full clip for his favourite gun.
Then your only remaining problem will be carrying that think home wink.gif
WyldKnight
But it has hardened armor. Even cut in half doesn't that mean it won't pierce it?
Mäx
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Jan 9 2011, 12:01 AM) *
But it has hardened armor. Even cut in half doesn't that mean it won't pierce it?

It has hardened armor 12, S&S halves that to 6 and it does at minimum 7 points of damage which is more then the 6 points of armor, so it does damage just well.
InfinityzeN
auto grenade launcher loaded with foam grenades.
Summerstorm
Just with spirits... S&S shouldn't be able to take this down that easily. It really isn't how they work. (Ok, i will say a well placed S&S in the eyes will hurt like hell though, even an Juggernaut *g*)

On the easy side: 12 points hardened Armor is NOTHING. It is weaklish, and something having it shouldn't really be called a "Juggernaut". Want to catch it? Load Gel-Rounds into a sniper rifle... or a hunting rifle... or the elephant gun and take it out. The ONE key of course is: you need a FEW people to do it (taking down its defensive dice - and constantly losing people to it's fear power until it arrives) OR have to be good at shooting, good equipment - and have stealth options, so it cannot use its power.

NOW... if it were somehow a warform Juggernaut, with 50% more armor, 50% more Willpower, 50% more Body and some surged magic-resistance... THEN we are talking about unstopppable.... bwahahaha
toturi
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Jan 9 2011, 08:24 AM) *
NOW... if it were somehow a warform Juggernaut, with 50% more armor, 50% more Willpower, 50% more Body and some surged magic-resistance... THEN we are talking about unstopppable.... bwahahaha

Been there, done that. Not quite unstoppable as one would think.
Ascalaphus
A stable blimp with room for a sniper with SnS seems about right. Fly out of it's jumping range and with a one-way-glass to stop the Fear power. After that it's really just grinding.

Juggernaut HP = 17 [8 + (Body 17/2 rounded up)]
Juggernaut Damage Resistance = 20 dice for an average of 6.66 hits per roll [17 Body + (12 / 2 [SnS]) - 3 [Sniper Rifle]]
Your damage = 6 [SnS] + Net Hits
Your net hits = Your base hits - 1.66 [average Juggernaut evasion with Reaction 5]

So you need to be rolling at least 3.33 hits per shot to be making real progress; that means 10 dice after modifiers [moving vehicle, range...]
Makki
I'd just load a belt S'n'S into the MG of drone
Stahlseele
QUOTE (toturi @ Jan 9 2011, 01:31 AM) *
Been there, done that. Not quite unstoppable as one would think.

Let me guess, vehicle ramming rules? *snickers*
InfinityzeN
What, no one commented on my suggestion of a grenade launcher and foam grenades? Light 'em up with a clip and most likely he'll do the same as an armadillo will (roll). Keep spraying him and you got a Juggernaut ball. Roll the ball into the back of a dump truck and drive to the containment center. Roll the ball in, then spray it with the compound to dissolve the foam.
WyldKnight
Lol

"Hurry catch the ball!"

"Damn it! It's rolling onto the highway."

"So...5 nuyen on traffic not doing a damn thing to stop it."
toturi
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 9 2011, 10:49 AM) *
Let me guess, vehicle ramming rules? *snickers*

That is one among others, yes.
Jhaiisiin
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Jan 8 2011, 08:18 PM) *
Lol

"Hurry catch the ball!"

"Damn it! It's rolling onto the highway."

"So...5 nuyen on traffic not doing a damn thing to stop it."

"No bet"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012