Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What exactly do Go Gangers Do?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jan 14 2011, 01:21 PM) *
OK, now I have an idea for a European Go-Gang that uses armed and armoured F-1 Racers.

That's basically us, though to start we'll probably be using the equivalent of the old Alfa 155 DTM cars rather than F1. And our F1 cars may be less armed than just fast, and relying on speed tanking (to use the EVE lexicon) and drones for firepower. My GM is open to me finding and 'rescuing' an F1 car out of the Hole (the premier junkyard in the Genova-Milano-Torino Special Administrative Zone) but it'll depend on if my character is able to find one at chargen and how much karma he wants it to cost.

We're still looking for a name, though we're tentatively thinking Scuderia Coro del Diavolo (The Devil's Chorus).
InfinityzeN
I like that name. Italian right?

Try spanish "El Coro del Diablo" or "el del diablo coro" (the Devil's Choir/chorus). la boca de la locura (Mouth of Madness)

French? L'accusateur Chorus (The Accuser Chorus), l'embouchure de la folie (Mouth of Madness)

Latin: Diabolus Chorus (Devils Chorus) furoris ore (Mouth of Madness)
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 14 2011, 03:24 PM) *
I like that name. Italian right?

Try spanish "El Coro del Diablo" or "el del diablo coro" (the Devil's Choir/chorus). la boca de la locura (Mouth of Madness)

French? L'accusateur Chorus (The Accuser Chorus), l'embouchure de la folie (Mouth of Madness)

Latin: Diabolus Chorus (Devils Chorus) furoris ore (Mouth of Madness)

Yep, Italian. Though I like Furoris Ore, so I'll see what the others think. I don't think we'd use Spanish or French, since our characters are Italians, but maybe.

Also, does anybody know if there is more information out there on the GeMiTo, beyond Feral Cities?
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (WhiskeyJohnny @ Jan 14 2011, 05:41 PM) *
I like Furoris Ore, so I'll see what the others think.

Furorite! Mined from Furoris Ore.

Don't mind the blood weeping from the metal, that's, er, perfectly normal. Just don't lick it.

-k
CanRay
*Licks metal, gibbers madly*
The Shuhite
QUOTE (WhiskeyJohnny @ Jan 14 2011, 05:41 PM) *
Also, does anybody know if there is more information out there on the GeMiTo, beyond Feral Cities?

Shadows of Europe has some stuff
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (The Shuhite @ Jan 14 2011, 07:49 PM) *
Shadows of Europe has some stuff

Excellent, I'll pick up a copy.

Edit: Hmmm, it doesn't seem to have any information Feral Cities doesn't also, as far as GeMiTo is concerned.

What sort of firepower do go gangs pack these days?
WhiskeyJohnny
Ok, so we've talked more, and one of the players suggested Scuderia Angeli Rosso*, or just Scuderia Arcangeli - which is roughly translatable to "Team Red Angels" or "Team Archangel".

Also, we decided who'd be what role, and I'm our resident Hacker and the club's VP, which is gonna be fun.

Finally, we were talking about firepower. Since we've got access to the Hole, we'll have access to some interesting - and seemingly incongruous - stuff. We're thinking about having a Rigger to run drones and ride in someone's car while he's doing it, and use them in combination with small arms (no vehicle mounted stuff, beyond maybe missiles) for our firepower. Does this seem a reasonable tactic for go gangers to take?

*Yeah, not technically proper grammar, but hey, we're barrens kids, and we like the flow better.
CanRay
As long as the car is tagged with gang colours and pirate symbols, and is belching out black smoke, sure!
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jan 15 2011, 07:24 PM) *
As long as the car is tagged with gang colours and pirate symbols, and is belching out black smoke, sure!

Oh it'll have our racing livery alright, but it's more likely to be belching flames than black smoke!
CanRay
The flames will make black smoke. biggrin.gif
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jan 16 2011, 12:26 AM) *
The flames will make black smoke. biggrin.gif

I hope not - that would likely indicate that my fuel isn't burning right, or that I'm burning oil, neither of which would be good.
CanRay
Or that it's burning *JUST* right. nyahnyah.gif
WhiskeyJohnny
So, does anybody know what sort of heat Go Gangers pack these days? I don't wanna go out there and get geeked on our first night.
CanRay
QUOTE (WhiskeyJohnny @ Jan 18 2011, 05:12 PM) *
So, does anybody know what sort of heat Go Gangers pack these days? I don't wanna go out there and get geeked on our first night.

Depends on the gang, and their current situation. Honestly, go watch "Sons of Anarchy", and you'll get a great idea.

If they're running low on cash and in dire straights, they'll be lucky to have pistols and some melee weapons, and Molotovs. If they're flush and had some good breaks, they'll have SMGs and Sawed-Off Shotguns (You don't want to try and One-Hand an Assault Rifle while driving a Motorcycle unless you're the first Terminator. Or a big Troll, which is pretty close to the same thing.) and grenades. Trolls on Trikes (Which is probably the name of a Trog Rock band, BTW) might have someone riding "Bitch" with an AK-98 or some such if they're flush.

Gangs typically don't have the training or self-control to properly maintain weapons properly, and they probably rotate through them when they start getting a bit of history behind them, so it's an on-going expense for every gang.

A Go-Ganger will almost always have some kind of knife on him, probably a sap or knuckledusters, and a spare bike chain (Which is a WICKED weapon in the right hands!). As well, tools are likely to be had on the bike (For repairs on the road) and even a small wrench is a better weapon than your bare hands. If they're expecting a fight, a baseball bat or length of pipe is a popular choice (And easy to explain depending on the location. Again, the SoA base of operations has Baseball Bats hanging near the door, "Just in case there's an emergency game that happens out of the blue." or some such.), and Elven Traditional Gangs (Ancients) love their swords. Hispanics will, likely, have long blades of some sort (Machetes, for example. And, no, I'm not being racist, I have confirmation on this being part of Hispanic Culture direct from the source.). The Spikes are likely to love Pikes and Pole Arms (All the better to mount Severed Elf Heads on.).

So, in essence, it depends on the gang, their culture, and their situation.
InfinityzeN
My go-ganger carries knives (lots o' knives!), a pistol or two, and a pair of shock gloves for 99% of the time. If we're planning a bike drive-by, then the SMGs come out. For situations that require something heavier, we take a van or car there. Since running guns is our primary money maker, access to assault rifles, long rifles, and shot guns is in abundance. However, they are not so easy to hide and carry on a bike.

Most likely your gang will carry something close in load-out, with the possibility of a long arm or two in the trunk.
CanRay
Low-Level Gangers will be punks. They'll have a cheap Holdout (The infamous Streetline Special!) and a switchblade/balisong/cheap street cutter, and a whole lot of attitude.

High-Level Gangers will be like Low-Level Shadowrunners in terms of weapons. They'll have a Heavy Pistol and a Big Knife concealed, a heavier weapon hidden away but typically close by, and... Well, just as much attitude.

We are talking Punk Gang Members here.
InfinityzeN
Well considering that the PCs will be High-Level Gangers, the load-out I described will fit.
WhiskeyJohnny
Excellent stuff! I guess we're the odd gang out, being mostly car based, but a lot of that can work. And it definitely helps to be armed at a race (and assume everyone else is, natch) in case things get ugly. I don't know how high level we'll be, though. We've met a couple of times, to discuss ideas on who'll be what and what direction we want the gang to go, so we have an idea of what sort of stuff we're looking for, but the GM can't decide if we'll be using 600 karma or 500 karma to generate characters.
CanRay
Lots of Gangs use cars. Go-Gangs are just the descendants of Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs, that's all. The rest are either too Ghetto to own cars (And just steal them), or have really nice rides that get shot up. A lot.

In *THIS* case I'd advise the GTA series to demonstrate how gangs use cars. The first part of GTA: SA is purely this, with the gang using their own cars, borrowed cars, or outright stolen ones. GTA IV with Little Jacob's side missions are a good example of stolen cars used for jobs.

Hell, Little Jacob and Real Badman are just great to rip off as well. Especially if you know Jamaican Patois. Speaking of, I have to play that again to get Real Badman down pat...
InfinityzeN
Actually I think Saint's Row might be a better example of how a gang uses cars than GTA.
CanRay
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 19 2011, 06:57 PM) *
Actually I think Saint's Row might be a better example of how a gang uses cars than GTA.

Never played it. Might have to check it out, but it seemed like a cheap GTA Rip-off.
InfinityzeN
GTA isn't really gang focused. Saint's Row on the other hand is 100% gang based.
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 19 2011, 05:40 PM) *
GTA isn't really gang focused. Saint's Row on the other hand is 100% gang based.

Yeah, and much more colorful than the *Reality is Brown* GTA IV. I'll see if I can borrow a copy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012