Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hilarious, creative, and wasteful ways to use spirits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
braincraft
Summon a water spirit to make it rain every time the rigger washes his car.
Stahlseele
Summon a water spirit to wake up the troll by doing the same as above.
Xahn Borealis
What I've always wondered is: Seeing as Hermetics and the like see spirits as tools or servants, and treat them accordingly, do they ever get penalties for mistreating them?
Stahlseele
Let's not go into the discussion about wether or not spirits are re-summonable again and again . . again . .
braincraft
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Feb 9 2011, 11:27 PM) *
What I've always wondered is: Seeing as Hermetics and the like see spirits as tools or servants, and treat them accordingly, do they ever get penalties for mistreating them?

Conversely, can Shamans treat spirits like friends or employees? Can you play them off each other, or reward them for successful tasks with... whatever spirits like?
Stahlseele
Karma. Or freedom. Or doing them a Service by hiding their life. And then taking LAES so you forget about it.
TeknoDragon
In one game, the mage rolled... interestingly when trying to summon a spirit. The spirit showed up, but needed convincing. Be awesome for Master, the Fire Spirit showed up again.
Xahn Borealis
I'm not saying that, but spirits can tell from your aura how you treat other spirits, so would summoning a spirit and binding it just to get you a soyda from the fridge, etc have any effect, or would hermetic-summoned spirits just think something along the lines of, "Mages, whatcha gonna do?"?
CanRay
It's an ongoing joke in my group, but "Puddle Spirits".
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Feb 9 2011, 11:32 PM) *
I'm not saying that, but spirits can tell from your aura how you treat other spirits, so would summoning a spirit and binding it just to get you a soyda from the fridge, etc have any effect, or would hermetic-summoned spirits just think something along the lines of, "Mages, whatcha gonna do?"?

Technically, this is not treating them badly.
A service is a service for a spirit. The easier and faster it is done, the sooner it gets to go free again.
Tyro
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 9 2011, 02:35 PM) *
Technically, this is not treating them badly.
A service is a service for a spirit. The easier and faster it is done, the sooner it gets to go free again.

Depends on the spirit. A F10 spirit of man might have something to say about it.
Stahlseele
A Force 10 Spirit of SOMETHING would have something to say about being summoned in the first place.
But a Spirit of man might just decide:"ah, fuck it, it was time for a vacation anyway . . let him think he's in charge and tell the wife i had no choice"
Tyro
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 9 2011, 03:25 PM) *
A Force 10 Spirit of SOMETHING would have something to say about being summoned in the first place.
But a Spirit of man might just decide:"ah, fuck it, it was time for a vacation anyway . . let him think he's in charge and tell the wife i had no choice"

I don't know... these things are supposed to be cyberlogician-smart. It would be like someone with 70 IQ having a remote control for your body.
hyzmarca
One thing to remember is that Binding Materials are complete fluff. They help you bind the spirit, but there is no set description of what they are or how they help.

For some traditions, these materials will be offerings to the spirit. A Santeria magician might sacrifice a chicked as part of the binding ritual because the spirits likes to eat chicken. A Chaos mage might just skip the messy part and order a 24 piece bucket of the Colonel's original recipe. The important thing is the the spirit is going to get a chicken dinner.

Tyro
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Feb 9 2011, 04:50 PM) *
One thing to remember is that Binding Materials are complete fluff. They help you bind the spirit, but there is no set description of what they are or how they help.

For some traditions, these materials will be offerings to the spirit. A Santeria magician might sacrifice a chicked as part of the binding ritual because the spirits likes to eat chicken. A Chaos mage might just skip the messy part and order a 24 piece bucket of the Colonel's original recipe. The important thing is the the spirit is going to get a chicken dinner.

And a hermetic mage would use synthetic chicken smell from a dropper, and treat it like a chemical reagent.
CanRay
And a Cinematic Magician would give a showing of Star Wars. (The original trilogy)

While a Toxic Cinematic Magician would give a showing of Star Wars (The prequel trilogy) nyahnyah.gif
Squinky
I've always taken a page from the Dresden books, I draw out a little circle and set out some kind of offering.

But back on topic:

Maybe use a concealment power to hide the riggers keys?

As a creative thing, might be common knowledge, but use a spirit of man's innate power ability as a spell sustainer. It counts as continuous use of power, and takes only one service.
CanRay
QUOTE (Squinky @ Feb 9 2011, 10:45 PM) *
I've always taken a page from the Dresden books, I draw out a little circle and set out some kind of offering.

You have a Watcher named "Toot-Toot", don't you?
Cube
QUOTE (CanRay @ Feb 9 2011, 09:39 PM) *
And a Cinematic Magician would give a showing of Star Wars. (The original trilogy)

While a Toxic Cinematic Magician would give a showing of Star Wars (The prequel trilogy) nyahnyah.gif

biggrin.gif
jaellot
An Air Spirit to dry your hair. Or blow out your B-Day candles.
CanRay
QUOTE (jaellot @ Feb 9 2011, 11:12 PM) *
Or blow out your B-Day candles.

Hey, if you're a Great Dragon, that's not so much of a waste.
CanRay
"So, how many candles are on Hestaby's cake?" *Questioner is eaten* "Poor fool should have known better than to ask a lady her age."
jaellot
OR her weight. I mean, when a Great Western Dragon sits around the house...
CanRay
Another creative usage of spirits: Finding people that use Dragons in comedy acts and get them to stop.

"On the bright side, we think he may be able to feed himself with only a few years of intensive simsense therapy."
jaellot
A Task Spirit to change Jr. Shadowrunner's soiled diapers. Especially if they are a troll. Or older ediition Ork family.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (CanRay @ Feb 9 2011, 10:27 PM) *
Another creative usage of spirits: Finding people that use Dragons in comedy acts and get them to stop.

"On the bright side, we think he may be able to feed himself with only a few years of intensive simsense therapy."

As a shower curtain. Give your Ally the form of a shower curtain that perfectly fits your tub so that not a single drop of water will be spilled on the floor.

KCKitsune
QUOTE (CanRay @ Feb 9 2011, 09:39 PM) *

Jar-Jar should be considered a WMD. I know everytime I see him I feel my IQ drop.
CanRay
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Feb 9 2011, 11:52 PM) *
As a shower curtain. Give your Ally the form of a shower curtain that perfectly fits your tub so that not a single drop of water will be spilled on the floor.

Or blood when you're...

Um... Yeah, hello Officer Friendly. I'm just typing nicely here in this fictional forum. That's right, it's a game. That's all...
hyzmarca
A bathtub isn't the best place to butcher a corpse. It does in a pinch, but what you really want is a sturdy PVC tote. A tote is ultimately disposable, and PVC does not react with hydrofluoric acid. These two facts greatly increase your range of corpse disposal options.
CanRay
And knowing is half the battle!
KarmaInferno
"Greetings, master. What would you have me do?"

"Get me a beer."

-k
Lansdren
Once asked a watcher spirit to manifest inside a trolls stomach and cry for help in a childs voice

"Help I'm only little and this Troll ate me all up"

"I want my mummy"

"This Troll Eats Children"

I was in a strange mood and the troll had been rude to me

bluedao
Fire elemental to set off the fire alarms, best saved for when your in the elevator with that smoking elf.
Air elemental to give you a real bubble bath.
Air elemental for an awesome trampoline.
Water elemental to make a circular water slide.
Water elemental to cause every faucet in the adepts house to slowly drip, at varying paces.
Water elemental for a more energetic wet tshirt contest.
Water elemental for when you have that not so fresh feeling.
Earth elemental for ground hog hunting.
Plant elemental to teach your neighbors dog to stay out of your flower bed.
Spirit of man to rick roll unwanted guests at the door.
tarbrush
QUOTE (braincraft @ Feb 9 2011, 06:25 PM) *
Summon a water spirit to make it rain every time the rigger washes his car visits a strip club.

grinbig.gif
Tyro
QUOTE (bluedao @ Feb 10 2011, 01:17 AM) *
Spirit of man to rick roll unwanted guests at the door.

I'm pretty sure that's against the Geneva Convention, or something.
Xahn Borealis
1. Bind spirit of man to cast Innate Spell Stink at a low force on someone.
2. Sustain for WEEKS.
3. You know the rest.
TeknoDragon
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Feb 10 2011, 12:08 AM) *
A bathtub isn't the best place to butcher a corpse. It does in a pinch, but what you really want is a sturdy PVC tote. A tote is ultimately disposable, and PVC does not react with hydrofluoric acid. These two facts greatly increase your range of corpse disposal options.

Ghoul take-out!
(I could have resisted. Maybe.)
Tyro
QUOTE (TeknoDragon @ Feb 10 2011, 09:27 AM) *
Ghoul take-out!
(I could have resisted. Maybe.)

Why resist? The dark side has dental!
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Tyro @ Feb 10 2011, 12:59 PM) *

And we get the best toys, I just put in my application for mad scientist as well as my current evil ninja rating. silly.gif
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Tyro @ Feb 10 2011, 05:59 PM) *

I heard they get cookies. Comes in handy.
braincraft
Summoning Guardian spirits to use heavy weapons.
Makki
that's why we bought tow LAWs last time...
Laodicea
to go trick or treating for you and collect loads of extra candy.
Makki
QUOTE (Laodicea @ Feb 12 2011, 09:22 PM) *
to go trick or treating for you and collect loads of extra candy.

while being possessed by another one and demanding the best costume award
CanRay
Summon a Watcher Spirit to Screen your calls. And berate telemarketers.
Neraph
Summon a F10 Fire Spirit.
Bind it.
Invoke it to a Great Form Fire Spirit.
Long Term Bind it (using its Search Power).... to keep tabs on... your bunny slippers (or whichever brand of slippers you wear).
Warlordtheft
Actual in game:

I had a watcher start asking a vampire, what it is like being a vampire while said vampire was trying to pick up a chick (I assume for feeding).

Questions were:WHat does the sun feel like? Will the lady's soul taste like cherry or key lime pie? What does dormancy feel like? Biting must really hurt the victim, does that make you feel bad?

grinbig.gif
Inncubi
QUOTE (Lansdren @ Feb 10 2011, 04:08 AM) *
Once asked a watcher spirit to manifest inside a trolls stomach and cry for help in a childs voice

"Help I'm only little and this Troll ate me all up"

"I want my mummy"

"This Troll Eats Children"

I was in a strange mood and the troll had been rude to me

Damn, now I want to play a mage and do this to someone.

Kudos.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (CanRay @ Feb 13 2011, 12:31 AM) *
Summon a Watcher Spirit to Screen your calls. And berate telemarketers.

Make it in the form of a penguin.

-k
Mardrax
To continue the penguin line:
Have a penguin statuette possessed by a bound fire spirit, then put it on someone's trid.
Call him up the next day, just before 8 pm, ask to be put through the trid.
Command the spirit to use Elemental Blast on itself, through the trid.

Wait until someone says "oh, fornicate the penguin."

...Because every silly thread needs one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012