Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Immunity to Natural Armor and normal Armor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
James McMurray
As the title says.
pbangarth
Immunity to Normal Weapons and regular armor do indeed stack.
TygerTyger
Caveat, they stack for determining how many points of armor you have for things like Damage Resistance test and the like, but they do not stack in determining if you take no damage at all vis a vis the Hardened Armor clause.

So if you have Immunity to Natural Weapons with a Magic Rating of 5 and 12 point of ballistic armor, and someone shoots you with a weapon with a DV of 12, you will still take Stun damage, as the DV of the weapon was less than your total armor (22 points to be precise) but greater than your Immunity rating of 10.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (TygerTyger @ Feb 18 2011, 09:35 PM) *
Caveat, they stack for determining how many points of armor you have for things like Damage Resistance test and the like, but they do not stack in determining if you take no damage at all vis a vis the Hardened Armor clause.

So if you have Immunity to Natural Weapons with a Magic Rating of 5 and 12 point of ballistic armor, and someone shoots you with a weapon with a DV of 12, you will still take Stun damage, as the DV of the weapon was less than your total armor (22 points to be precise) but greater than your Immunity rating of 10.

Minor Nitpick on the example (Highlighted above)... You will attempt to Soak 12s, you will not just take it. The armor still works for soaking afterall.
pbangarth
Yes, and your soak attempt uses the full 22 + BOD dice.
Neraph
The above is all correct.

EDIT: Well, except for the part that Timmy pointed out.
TygerTyger
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Feb 20 2011, 11:47 AM) *
Minor Nitpick on the example (Highlighted above)... You will attempt to Soak 12s, you will not just take it. The armor still works for soaking afterall.

Yes, I wasn't as clear on that part. My bad.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (TygerTyger @ Feb 21 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Yes, I wasn't as clear on that part. My bad.

I was referring to the quote that the character would take 12 points of damage. I pointed out that there was still a sok left unresolved in there. SO I was right in that, though I guess that I just did not go far enough in my explanation...

Timmy? Really? Hmmmmm wobble.gif
TygerTyger
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Feb 21 2011, 07:38 PM) *
I was referring to the quote that the character would take 12 points of damage. I pointed out that there was still a sok left unresolved in there. SO I was right in that, though I guess that I just did not go far enough in my explanation...

Yes, I was agreeing with you. smile.gif Something may have gotten lost in translation there.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (TygerTyger @ Feb 21 2011, 08:08 PM) *
Yes, I was agreeing with you. smile.gif Something may have gotten lost in translation there.

No Worries... wobble.gif
Ol' Scratch
I think its easier to say it this way:

The armor rating from Immunity to Normal Weapons stacks with other forms of armor, but other forms of armor do not stack with the immunity granted by Immunity to Normal Weapons.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ol' Scratch @ Feb 22 2011, 10:10 AM) *
I think its easier to say it this way:

The armor rating from Immunity to Normal Weapons stacks with other forms of armor, but other forms of armor do not stack with the immunity granted by Immunity to Normal Weapons.

Indeed... Much Better...
James McMurray
Thanks all, especially pbangarth, who gave the answer I needed 3 days ago. smile.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Feb 21 2011, 05:38 PM) *

Your screen name kills my fingers. I don't like my fingers being killed. And that's about how I pronounce it - "Timmy-us." I don't pronounce the last name, partly because the most I can figure is that it starts with "Jal."
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 22 2011, 03:56 PM) *
Your screen name kills my fingers. I don't like my fingers being killed. And that's about how I pronounce it - "Timmy-us." I don't pronounce the last name, partly because the most I can figure is that it starts with "Jal."

Makes Sense... Could always just use TJ though... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012