Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nadja Daviar?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Pepsi Jedi
Ok... I've got the books.. I've read bits and peaces of each. She was a huge mover and shaker. Dunks voice. Then VP. Leader of the Draco Foundation, voting block in Ares... Then I've come up to 'She disappeared in the second matrix crash"

I've NOT read every scrap of shadow talk from the books (( or many of the adventures at all))

What happened to Nadja Daviar? Where'd she go? Who did it? I know you guys out there have read alot more than me and have the clues. I'm jus' trying to figure it out.
Doc Chase
Ha! Mover and shaker.

She vanished, along with Assets, Inc. Nobody knows where she is, though it's theorized she's off having hatchlings with Ryan Mercury.
Xahn Borealis
OBLIGATORY NIPPLES REFERENCE.
CanRay
She died, and is reincarnated as Hackbaby?
Xahn Borealis
According to Running Wild, p. 73, the Draco Foundation is "Still ostensibly chaired by former UCAS Vice President Nadja Daviar".
CanRay
Which means they never replaced her as the "Official" Head Chairwoman, and just have an "In Term" Chairperson. Stuff like that happens all the time.

Also, IIRC, President and Vice President are terms that are for life, right? I know President is a rank in the US Military ("Commander In Chief")...
Stahlseele
nobody mentioned the nadjas yet? <.<
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 6 2011, 08:06 PM) *
Which means they never replaced her as the "Official" Head Chairwoman, and just have an "In Term" Chairperson. Stuff like that happens all the time.

Like Kim Il-Sung in North Korea?
Xahn Borealis
I love Google.
Stahlseele
there's dozends of them.
ggodo
Dozens of brown nipples? Where did that meme come from?
Xahn Borealis
I don't know about dozens, but she was featured in a disputable-canon april fools adventure called Battlerun. I'm sure others will be able to provide a link.
Pepsi Jedi
I don't get it?
Xahn Borealis
You have to read it. smile.gif
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 6 2011, 08:24 PM) *
I don't know about dozens, but she was featured in a disputable-canon april fools adventure called Battlerun. I'm sure others will be able to provide a link.

Here you are. The nipple reference is at the end, but read the whole thing.
Stahlseele
Lusty Brown Elven Nipples
They were in the Dragn Heart SR Novel Series.
Because she was the favourite lay of the MartyStue.
And she was not really featured in the 8th World BattleRun.
Just someone remarkably like her.
And yes, do read it, it's good fun.
And there are dozends of Lusty Brown Elven Nipples, because there are, rumor-wise, dozends of nadjas.
Xahn Borealis
I thought the nipple thing came from Battlerun?
Stahlseele
No no, that was before Battlerun.
But seeing how it became, basically, a dumpshock internal meme, it got picked up in the BattleRun.
Pepsi Jedi
Ok. So nipple jokes aside.

She dissapeared like 2 years ago and no one knows WTF she is? Seems.. kinda big.
Stahlseele
Do you WANT to know what was planned for her?
It's pretty bad . . some of the stuff that got leaked . .
Nath
Here's what all that we got on Nadja Daviar whereabouts since System Failure.
Running Wild, page 73
"Still ostensibly chaired by former UCAS Vice President Nadja Daviar, the [Draco Foundation] publicly works to enhance metahumanity's ability to interact effectively with the Awakened World."

Corporate Guide, page 49
"Nadja Daviar - Haeffner's vice-president and former voice of Dunkelzahn - went MIA during the UCAS coup d'état in the early days of the Crash 2.0." [comment by Frosty]

Corporate Guide, page 50
"It's only gotten worse since Nadja Daviar dropped off the face of the earth after the Haeffner assassination." [comment by Kay St. Irregular]
"Maybe the foundation decided to take a more active role in what it assumes would be Daviar's best interests." [comment by Plan 9]
"That's assuming that the foundation doesn't know Daviar's whereabouts." [comment by Frosty]

Corporate Guide, page 54
"The Draco Foundation - executor of Dunkelzahn's will - has controlled Gavilan Ventures ever since its CEO and former UCAS Vice-President Nadja Daviar went missing in 2065."
Pepsi Jedi
Wow... so she's been missing for 7 years and nothin'.... lol that's pretty impressive. They're either going to bring her back in a big way or never bring her back again.

Wait.. wasn't the plan that Dunk left for her a 7 year plan?
Nath
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Apr 6 2011, 10:18 PM) *
Wait.. wasn't the plan that Dunk left for her a 7 year plan?
Yes, a "seven year plan" for the management of Gavilan Ventures. I rather remarked if it started after Dunkelzahn death in 2057, it would have come to an end in 2064.
ggodo
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 6 2011, 12:29 PM) *
Here you are. The nipple reference is at the end, but read the whole thing.

How do I get the pdf? I've gone through the checkout process four times, and still no download link. How do I fix this? Am I blind?
Stahlseele
Leaked Design-Documents had plans for Nadja being her very own little Network with the real her as the Boss of a Network of fake Bunraku Nadja Puppets . . .
CanRay
QUOTE (ggodo @ Apr 6 2011, 03:45 PM) *
How do I get the pdf? I've gone through the checkout process four times, and still no download link. How do I fix this? Am I blind?

Last year's April Fool's Joke.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 6 2011, 10:17 PM) *
Last year's April Fool's Joke.

Grampa can't count. Battlerun was 2009.
CanRay
Grampa can't remember which bad joke happened when. When you get to be my age, things start to blur together and...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Xahn Borealis
"Don't worry, he's asleep. Just go up to the door and light the bag."
Pepsi Jedi
what is a "fake Bunraku Nadja Puppet" ?
CanRay
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Apr 6 2011, 05:24 PM) *

She was a popular choice for Bunraku Parlors. I guess folks loved slotting the politicians rather than having them slot them. nyahnyah.gif
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Apr 6 2011, 11:24 PM) *

Bunraku means puppet, it's typically used to mean a prostitute who's running a personafix that suppresses their will. They are also typically surgically modified to resemble celebrities with personafixes to act like them.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 6 2011, 06:27 PM) *
Bunraku means puppet, it's typically used to mean a prostitute who's running a personafix that suppresses their will. They are also typically surgically modified to resemble celebrities with personafixes to act like them.

Ahhhhh. what book are THOSE in?
CanRay
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Apr 6 2011, 05:45 PM) *
Ahhhhh. what book are THOSE in?

A large number.

Molly Millions of William Gibson fame started out in a similar fashion.
Pepsi Jedi
Ahhh I meant what shadowrun book. lol
Xahn Borealis
Core. Somewhere in Life On The Edge.
Abstruse
They're a fixture of cyberpunk and post-cyberpunk. Cyberware restricts memory (sometimes with a personafix attached, sometimes not) and the practitioner of the world's oldest profession gets a crapload of cred and doesn't remember a single thing the next morning (other than the bruises and teeth marks).

As for Nadja, it's probably another of those loose plot threads that they originally had plans for but never fully developed. I think I remember AH saying they was going to work in something where Nadja showed up to a DF board meeting with a little bitty dragon perched on her shoulder, but I'm not sure if he was kidding or not considering some of the silly ideas that apparently get thrown around on the writer's boards (Aliens? Really?).

And the seven year plan was just for the stocks for Ares. Apparently, the entirety of the plan was "Let Damien Knight do whatever he wants with the block" since she signed over proxies to him for two of those years. Allowed Knight to drum Leonard Aureluis out of the company. This, of course, backfired because Aureluis then went on to Cross and became a bigger thrown in Knight's side while at the same time set up Arthur Vogel to take his place becoming a bigger thorn than Aureluis was inside the company in the first place.

It's very possible that part of the documents that Big D left Nadja involved "GTFO of the public eye for a decade or so because things are about to go nuts around 2064 or so" since some of his bequests indicated he saw the Matrix crash coming at least somewhat due to his post-humous investment in wireless technology and a few other little things.
CanRay
I think the alien thing was a crack at Conspiracy Nuts who think everything is run by T-H-E-M!
Abstruse
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 6 2011, 05:50 PM) *
I think the alien thing was a crack at Conspiracy Nuts who think everything is run by T-H-E-M!

From what I heard, a managing editor who shall not be named (mainly because he's still in charge) thought it would be a BRILLIANT idea to have the next big Shadowrun event be an alien invasion. As in full sourcebook treatment similar to Emergence.
Xahn Borealis
I thought that all these extraplanar threats were technically aliens?
ggodo
QUOTE (Abstruse @ Apr 6 2011, 05:12 PM) *
From what I heard, a managing editor who shall not be named (mainly because he's still in charge) thought it would be a BRILLIANT idea to have the next big Shadowrun event be an alien invasion. As in full sourcebook treatment similar to Emergence.

If this happens, I'm out.
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Abstruse @ Apr 6 2011, 07:12 PM) *

Just to be clear: I am firmly anti-alien. In SR, anyway.

Jason H.
Xahn Borealis
And there is no Shadowrun movie. biggrin.gif
jaellot
My recollection of Nadja's bewbs is recalling a piece of the shadow-talk, from a 3rd ed. book. There was some reference to an hidden SAN on a RTG or some such that had the password "Nadja Davier has luscious gams", or some such. Matrix, or Shadowrun Companion of those?
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 6 2011, 07:53 PM) *
And there is no Shadowrun movie. biggrin.gif

The calendar says that I'm telling the truth! wink.gif

Jason H.
Abstruse
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Apr 6 2011, 06:52 PM) *
Just to be clear: I am firmly anti-alien. In SR, anyway.

Jason H.

I'm just reporting what I heard at the time and I'm reporting it as rumor and hearsay.

QUOTE (jaellot @ Apr 6 2011, 06:59 PM) *
My recollection of Nadja's bewbs is recalling a piece of the shadow-talk, from a 3rd ed. book. There was some reference to an hidden SAN on a RTG or some such that had the password "Nadja Davier has luscious gams", or some such. Matrix, or Shadowrun Companion of those?

Yes, but the meme specifically comes from I believe the second book of the Dragonheart novel trilogy if not the third. I'm not sure if the password used later was a reference to that or just the fact that she's a high-charisma elf in the public eye with a password from the sort of people that hang out on the Matrix 24/7.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Apr 7 2011, 02:15 AM) *

Jason H.

Oh, that old chestnut...
Xahn Borealis
Here's the entry about Bunraku.
QUOTE (SR4, p. 49)
Want to
share a night with Nadja Daviar or Winona Flying Horse?
The real thing might be tough, but you won’t know the difference
at your local bunraku parlor, where “meat puppets”
are surgically altered and equipped with personafix chips until
they’re better than real—at least for their customers’ purposes.
And why stop there? Bunraku puppets are just rented
for the night—slaves are forever.
ggodo
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Apr 6 2011, 06:15 PM) *

Jason H.

My calendar says it's March. . .
On a similar note, does Eclipse Phase have aliens?
Xahn Borealis
It was April 1st when he LIED TO US.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012