Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can a Penile Implant be Hacked? and a few other questions.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Yerameyahu
Oh, lord. Not this crap. smile.gif
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 23 2011, 09:18 PM) *
A lot of guys are, to put it bluntly (pardon the pun), dicks. I know girls can be too, but IMO, the drek we do sometimes is fragged up. IMO, an ideal world should consist solely of women, with hermaphrodites for breeding.

I know exactly what you're talking about, but that kind of thing has more to do with a lack of empathy (and, though this probably fades with maturity, being enamored with their penis) than a lack of intelligence and/or competence. And it's also not like lack of empathy is a universal trait among the male population.

/derail
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Apr 22 2011, 11:52 AM) *
A few questions that have come up in Recent Run
and I'm seriously reconsidering letting girls and my gay male friend play with us anymore...grrrr...
Can a Penile Implant be Hacked? and what kind of Havoc could a Hacker wreck if he got control of one?
Can Penile Implants be Modular?

No girls allowed! LOL.
CanRay
But if we ban the gays, then we'd have to ban the lesbians...

And then there'd be no Lesbian Elf Stripper Ninjas.

And that just plain wouldn't be Shadowrun, would it?
Glyph
No danger of that. Shadowrun has more guys playing elven lesbians than any other game, which means that Shadowrun players are the most tolerant and broad-minded of all roleplayers.
Ascalaphus
It takes a special kind of guy to work under the kind of pressure that hacking a penile implant can put him under.
Xahn Borealis
OH NO ITS TVTROPES SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR MORNING

Cute.
Stahlseele
The best part about the penile implant would be the ability to tone down feeling in it.
Everybody and their mom aims for a guys junk in a brawl, because it's fucking effective most of the time.
As long as you don't have somebody who does not feel any pain at all in that moment, you have felled one guy, no matter how big usually.
If you have somebody who does not feel any pain at that moment, he will beat you into a bloody pulp because he will be very hurt later on.
Now simply toning down the feelings down there before a brawl would be an advantage because you get one attack of opportunity, when somebody tries that and does not get the hoped for result.
And later on you simply turn it back up and it is as if nothing had happened . . and for the workaholics, it should be detacheable too . .
*comlink rings right in the middle of sexy fun times with partner* "Sorry Honey, gotta go, here, have fun without me 'till i'm back!" *click*
Xahn Borealis
But it's the balls that hurt?
Stahlseele
*shrugs* i'd think they'd be included in the penile implant . .
Xahn Borealis
They just get covered with synth skin.
Bushw4cker
Imagine the Possibilities with a modular Penile Implant, it would make those long distance relationships easier...
What would be the Damage Code on Modular Penile Implant?
(Str/2 +1)S
(Str/2 +2)S Reach 1 (Troll Penile Implant)
Stahlseele
Modular Cyberlimb, combine with penile implant and Jackhammer Attachment. Make bubba run.
Bushw4cker
Video from comedy Central Lost Penis
Stahlseele
i wondered when anybody would post a link to that song *g*
Bushw4cker
Bah Can't find good clip S01E06 Ugly Americans
CanRay
*Sings the song "Detachable Penis" in the key of off*
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 24 2011, 12:22 AM) *
But if we ban the gays, then we'd have to ban the lesbians...

And then there'd be no Lesbian Elf Stripper Ninjas.

And that just plain wouldn't be Shadowrun, would it?

Well, there still would be the Vampire cyber zombies with silverguns.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 23 2011, 10:05 PM) *
I can certainly see some guys IQ rising dramatically if their dick had an off-switch. Including me frown.gif

That I like.
Xahn Borealis
And Bubba.
Udoshi
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 23 2011, 05:23 PM) *
I always find it weird how everyone here's always so blasé about Bunrakus.

I would partly blame Neuromancer(Is there anyone who HASN'T read it?) for this one , and its semi-okay description of it as 'Free Money'. You show up for work, clock in, turn the memory editor equivalent on, and wake up a bit sore some hours later, take your check, and go home. Which sounds kind of reasonable, if squicky. There's some level of respect for the employees, and I think that impression has stuck in peoples minds. Molly millions is sort of an edge case, in which she was using said money to pay for razorgirl ware which ended up causing glitches and incompatabilities, her manager found out and exploited it as viciously and profitably as he could.

The problem is that in shadowrun, that kind of exploitation is the norm, not the exception - especially when nasty crap like drugs and human trafficking get involved. When you stop to think about whats actually going on its kind of horrifying.

Personally, I'm kind of surprised this thread has reached three pages. I might as well share one of our groups funny moments discussing the implants.

It started with a fairly innocent question. "How much Capacity does a penile implant have?". "Compare its size to a cyberlimb and go from there?" "...."
Things went downhill when people started making hidden weapon jokes about monowhips, cracks about electronic warfare 'packages' and suggestions about an AI Fixer renting processing space on one - it might have been a commlink in one since its the same size, but I don't rightly recall - said AI's handle being Mr. Johnson, of course.

I swear that implant is the best damned troll in the entire edition.
Yerameyahu
Honestly, I'm not too sure about the pleasure-related options. BTLs more than cover that already, and they're more convenient than ever (with wireless distribution and no need for a chipjack).
Ascalaphus
There's a.. relation between penile implants and BTL. Penile implants are useless without the tactile sensors; there's pressure on the manufacturers to go a bit beyond regulations on those sensors...

Is it me, or is any guy who'd take a penile implant just Messed Up ™?
Yerameyahu
I really feel like it's a prosthetic, because of the *replacement* aspect. Like, he *got* messed up, so he needs a replacement. Because it just seems like BTLs already win for the pleasure side. Obviously there are reasons to 'upgrade' yourself, so I'm only referring to the sort of alternative sexuality ideas being batted around. smile.gif I'm saying that it doesn't seem like you'd get one *just* to feel more.
Glyph
It's less a mere upgrade to the sensation you feel, and more the prospect of being in total control of your own sexuality. To be able to go all night long, or, alternately, to be able to turn it off, and resist any attempts to manipulate you with your libido, at will.
Yerameyahu
Yes, but then, no. I don't think that turning it off is the same as turning off your libido or your sexuality, not at all.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Apr 24 2011, 11:46 PM) *
Neuromancer(Is there anyone who HASN'T read it?)

Ermmmmm.... frown.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (Fortinbras @ Apr 22 2011, 09:40 PM) *
When my girlfriend read Augmentation, she was upset that while there was a penile implant, there was nothing for the ladies. She suggested something that changes flavors, like at a malt shop. Half my group, the girls, then spent the next half hour talking about various vaginal implant cyberware options while the boys looked embarrassed.
It would have been hilarious had it not brought the game to a halt.

And once again, the German errata wins - we have vaginal implants. And the concept of using synthetic muscles has been good for some nasty ideas biggrin.gif
Mardrax
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Apr 25 2011, 01:47 AM) *
I really feel like it's a prosthetic, because of the *replacement* aspect. Like, he *got* messed up, so he needs a replacement. Because it just seems like BTLs already win for the pleasure side. Obviously there are reasons to 'upgrade' yourself, so I'm only referring to the sort of alternative sexuality ideas being batted around. smile.gif I'm saying that it doesn't seem like you'd get one *just* to feel more.

It's a fix for things like erectile dysfunction, which will be an increasing problem with the increased lifespan and virility of the better-to-dos in the Sixth World. It's also a vast improvement over masculinising genoplasty for those who would be so inclined.

QUOTE (Sengir @ Apr 25 2011, 02:30 PM) *
And once again, the German errata wins - we have vaginal implants. And the concept of using synthetic muscles has been good for some nasty ideas biggrin.gif

This, a cyberhand, and an internal speaker.
Redifining 'talk to the hand.'
Yerameyahu
Psh, Sengir. The existing entry for Penile Implant already says that the vaginal version is an option. nyahnyah.gif
Xahn Borealis
It's like someone stuck a vibrator in a fleshlight. grinbig.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Apr 25 2011, 01:34 PM) *
Psh, Sengir. The existing entry for Penile Implant already says that the vaginal version is an option. nyahnyah.gif

At least in my version it only talks about giving a biologically female customer a penile implant, but not implanting an artificial vagina.

And the idea was more about a hooker using her cybered PC muscle as a blackmail device - either pay something extra, or it's gonna be really tight...
Yerameyahu
Ah, it does say transgendered.
Udoshi
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 25 2011, 05:19 AM) *
Ermmmmm.... frown.gif

Oh, go google up a .rarpeg ebook of it already. The sprawl trilogy is worth reading.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012