Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What goes wrong on the run table
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheOOB
I was bored and made this table. Sure there is something else like it, but here you go.

The Shadowrun “Whats Goes Wrong With The Mission”

Roll 2d6 at the begging of the mission

2 : An opposing shadowrunner shows up after same objective
3 : Police or corp security heard about the run and set up a trap
4 : The objective was recently moved to a different location without the runners knowing
5 : The security is extra tight due to a recent break in
6 : There is a new security feature not discovered in the briefing or legwork
7 : There are no unexpected wrenches in the works, or terribly faulty data(standard run)
8 : Johnson either omits a key piece of info or gives false info(intentionally or not, GMs choice)
9 : Johnson puts an unreasonable extra objective that will lower pay if not completed
10 : The run was part of a much bigger set up, and the runners may end up in hot water for being involved
11 : Johnson either runs away or tries to get out of paying the runners.
12 : It’s a trap! Johnson is trying to get the runners killed/captured.
IKerensky
Like it smile.gif
Nebular
Haha, this is neat. I'm sure this will find its way into some of my games. smile.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Interesting and Entertaining... smile.gif
Dez384
I believe there are tables like this for random run generation in the book Contacts and Adventures
pbangarth
QUOTE (TheOOB @ May 6 2011, 03:58 AM) *
2 : An opposing shadowrunner shows up after same objective
3 : Police or corp security heard about the run and set up a trap
4 : The objective was recently moved to a different location without the runners knowing
5 : The security is extra tight due to a recent break in
6 : There is a new security feature not discovered in the briefing or legwork
7 : There are no unexpected wrenches in the works, or terribly faulty data(standard run)
8 : Johnson either omits a key piece of info or gives false info(intentionally or not, GMs choice)
9 : Johnson puts an unreasonable extra objective that will lower pay if not completed
10 : The run was part of a much bigger set up, and the runners may end up in hot water for being involved
11 : Johnson either runs away or tries to get out of paying the runners.
12 : It’s a trap! Johnson is trying to get the runners killed/captured.

Hmmm. It looks as if our current run in the Post or Die thread has 2, 4, 5, 8 and possibly 10 or 12 in play.

Lucky us!
CanRay
Random table?

One of everything, please. nyahnyah.gif
Dez384
Ironic that having no twist is a twist itself.
longbowrocks
Love it. Especially how you made the standard run more likely. That was clever.
CanRay
QUOTE (Dez384 @ May 6 2011, 11:18 AM) *
Ironic that having no twist is a twist itself.

If I wanted a Twist in the game, I'd bring out a Burned-Out Pacifistic Dog Shaman. nyahnyah.gif
TheOOB
I tried to make the worst and least common twists less probable.

If you do it right, the party should always be worried on a 7. It doesn't mean things are easy, just no extra twists nyahnyah.gif.

Anyways, glad people seem to like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012