Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Request] Technomancer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ May 20 2011, 06:41 AM) *
It depends on how many programs you want. There are like 30, and they're all more or less useful, though only a handful are vital.

This is very true indeed... The Critical Few are probably the only ones that I would bother with, personally. wobble.gif
sabs
Stealth is really the only super-key one. Since it sets the threshold.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (sabs @ May 20 2011, 07:30 AM) *
Stealth is really the only super-key one. Since it sets the threshold.

But it only sets threshold for initial intrusion; any other time, it is a contested roll.
sabs
Sure, but that's still super key smile.gif

Fast hacking vs a DP of 12, a threshold of 6 vs a threshold of 10 on an extended test is.. HUGE.

There are other ways to increase my Stealth DP.. depending on how I like to roll.

hacking(6)+spec(2)(is probably exploit but it might be stealth)+PuSHeD(1)+Custom Interface(1)+encephalon(2)+vrHot(2) that's 14 + program.

That will get you to 20 with just a 6 program. That's plenty for DP. It's the threshold that cannot be increased.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (sabs @ May 20 2011, 08:45 AM) *
Sure, but that's still super key smile.gif

Fast hacking vs a DP of 12, a threshold of 6 vs a threshold of 10 on an extended test is.. HUGE.

There are other ways to increase my Stealth DP.. depending on how I like to roll.

hacking(6)+spec(2)(is probably exploit but it might be stealth)+PuSHeD(1)+Custom Interface(1)+encephalon(2)+vrHot(2) that's 14 + program.

That will get you to 20 with just a 6 program. That's plenty for DP. It's the threshold that cannot be increased.

Sure... And Slow hacks are the best place to use such a high rated program, since it is highly unlikely that opposing systems will hit that threshold on a single roll.

Since we use the Optional Rule where Programs are used as a Limiter on Hits, and use Skill + Attribute + Modifiers for the roll, this is less of an issue in the long run. Having a Super-Whamadine Program helps to a point, but not overly so. And since Technomancers use this same rule, the fact that they can get to crazy levels of CF's is less of an issue. The only time it really matters is when you want to exceed your Program cap. For a Hacker, he uses Edge. For a Technomancer, he just has to thread a bit.

*Shrug* smile.gif
redwulf25
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ May 19 2011, 08:49 PM) *
Hey, if you have to do a run in the middle, your down that Edge point... Even if it is only for 2-4 weeks... smokin.gif

Not sure if the books say otherwise but in my opinion any edge spent during downtime will not be restored for the next run, instead I'd treat it just as if they'd spent it at the start of the new session.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ May 20 2011, 08:48 PM) *
Not sure if the books say otherwise but in my opinion any edge spent during downtime will not be restored for the next run, instead I'd treat it just as if they'd spent it at the start of the new session.

Sure, but if you dedicated an Edge point for an Extended roll that is measured in months, well, then you are down that Edge for the entire extended roll. We run more than a single run per month at our table, and often more than a run per week, depending upon what we are doing as secondary concerns, so, to be down an Edge point for that extended time is often pretty painful. If you happen to care about Edge anyways... smile.gif
Cyntax
There was this one really cool one I can't track down right now. Was a former corporate "princess" that ended up on the streets as a runner. Wish I could find it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012