Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damage types
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
James McMurray
I'm adding a tab for damage types (fire, electricity, smoke, etc.) to my online reference. Are there any types outside of Street Magic and the core book that I need to make sure get on there?
Bugfoxmaster
Not that I can remember, but I have to congratulate you both on an awesome reference page and on remembering Radiation, which I always forget about. nyahnyah.gif
James McMurray
I would have forgotten it to, but the players had to deal with a nuclear spirit blasting them with it last week. smile.gif
Jhaiisiin
QUOTE (James McMurray @ May 31 2011, 03:02 PM) *
I would have forgotten it to, but the players had to deal with a nuclear spirit blasting them with it last week. smile.gif

Ouch. That'll leave a mark.
James McMurray
There was two of them actually, though only one at a time. The first was weaker (Force 5), and took the sniper out of the fight with one hit. The second was stronger (also force 5, but inside a rating 3 domain). It never hurt anyone because its 21 dice couldn't hit. biggrin.gif
Mardrax
Radiation is probably one the scariest types of damage you can find, yeah. It's a good thing it's not as ubiquitous as good old electricity.
James McMurray
Yeah, only sound is scarier. Though 3 turns in our combats might as well be 10 minutes, so they're really the same.
suoq
Does anything do essence damage? biggrin.gif
James McMurray
There's the Essence Drain critter power, but it's nowhere near as scary because it can't be used in combat.
Machiavelli
Would you imply some kinds of social "modifiers" if a mage would use radiation-spells and somebody recognizes it? Is it recognizable at all? Is there a visible effect? The damage itself looks very interesting and i assume that (like with the acid-effect) you only have the instand effects, no long-time-radiation. So it would kill VERY effectively (quite like a direct combat spell), silent and nasty. Do i forget something?
James McMurray
I'd think a mass murdering mage would have social modifiers regardless of how he did it, but if people knew it was toxic (and knew why that mattered) then they'd definitely be higher.
Irion
Yeah thats the reason for:
If you fuck with toxic shamans always use anti-Rad!

As a matter of fact, any kill with radiation damage might lead to murder. Because of exeptional cruelty.
DMiller
James,

I noticed a small error:
Combat -> The Turn -> Turn Sequence -> 3.A.
"May declare one Free Action per combat turn."
Should read:
"May declare one Free Action per action phase."

See SR4 p135 Action Phase paragraph 1, unless it has been changed in a later printing. I haven't spent the money ot rebuy the newer book. I have however added the Erratta to my existing books.

Sorry if this seems nitt-picky, but I just wanted to let you know. If I see any others I'll let you know.

By the way... AWESOME site!

-D
James McMurray
Thanks! It's fixed.
DMiller
Sorry,

Found another one...

Comabt -> The Turn -> Magical Actions
The mouse-over for Centering...
Should be "... adepts negate [Grade] dice..."

-D
James McMurray
No need to apologize. Keep 'em coming! smile.gif

P.S.
That one's fixed too.
Larsine
On you Skills -> By Group you have Stealth (Usually Int), which the SR4 booka also have, but 2 of the skills use Agility and the other 2 use Intuition.
HunterHerne
I may be wrong, but isn't metal elemental effect resisted with impact armour +2. Your chart says impact +5, but again, I might have missed an errata somewhere.
James McMurray
Flechette (and therefor Metal) was changed in SR4A to be +5.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (James McMurray @ Jun 5 2011, 12:35 PM) *
Flechette (and therefor Metal) was changed in SR4A to be +5.

It was +5 even in SR4, it was just that the Tables were wrong. smile.gif
Method
Hey James. Love the online resource. I open just the main frame on my iPad during games. Very handy.

Any chance you could add the Edge rules/costs to the Game Concepts tab?
HunterHerne
I see. Only recently got a hold of a SR4A core book, so still trying to catch up.
James McMurray
QUOTE (Larsine @ Jun 5 2011, 09:43 AM) *
On you Skills -> By Group you have Stealth (Usually Int), which the SR4 booka also have, but 2 of the skills use Agility and the other 2 use Intuition.

QUOTE (Method @ Jun 5 2011, 02:55 PM) *
Any chance you could add the Edge rules/costs to the Game Concepts tab?

Done and done. smile.gif
Method
Awesome! Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012