Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dis*interest
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Mister Juan
Well, if a Face is indeed what the GM would be looking for, I think I might have something to offer.

But, for the time being, I will only say one word: Shadowbeat nyahnyah.gif
Titus
@Mister Juan

I was just thinking things through. I'm sure JavaLife (the GM) could probably specify more. biggrin.gif
TakayamaYuuko
QUOTE (Titus @ Jun 7 2011, 09:10 PM) *
We also have an R&D researcher although I am not sure about her role yet.

To fix all your cyberware. Seriously, it's my best active skill. But, given enough karma, I'm going to be a mage.
Ghost_in_the_System
QUOTE (TakayamaYuuko @ Jun 8 2011, 01:24 AM) *
To fix all your cyberware. Seriously, it's my best active skill. But, given enough karma, I'm going to be a mage.

Yeah, sure, that's what they all say, then something shiny comes along and next thing you know they're burnouts...

Just kidding nyahnyah.gif

Also, giving 10 years warning on a run, you could research and develop something awesome for the run I'm sure biggrin.gif
Ghost_in_the_System
Alright, got everything sussed out I believe.
Background:
[ Spoiler ]

Stats and Meta:190
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities:0
[ Spoiler ]

Skills:64
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts(C/L):11
[ Spoiler ]

Gear:35
[ Spoiler ]
mister__joshua
I realise I may be arriving late to the party, but is there still scope to submit characters for this? This is my most favourite type of game. I like starting right at the bottom cos it makes it all the more satisfying to get to the top smile.gif

My current pnp character is an ork ganger who has just hit the streets with no 'ware, no gear, and very few relevant skills. He gets by on being generally athletic and trying to pick things up as he goes along.

For this game, I thought maybe Corp Wageslave with skillwires (to make him a multi-purpose tool employee) and very little else.

Or, alternatively, I've got a strange desire to play a mundane human minor (or maybe major) celebrity. Well connected, and with the Fame quality. I think it'd be interesting.

Cheers
JavaLamp
Two misters. interesting. I'll call it full for now with you two. Skillwire monkey and face is what I'm hearing?
Mister Juan
QUOTE (JavaLamp @ Jun 8 2011, 11:17 AM) *
Two misters. interesting. I'll call it full for now with you two. Skillwire monkey and face is what I'm hearing?

Yep. I'll try to have something up (probably a background only) by tonight.
Ghost_in_the_System
Both Mr. J none the less nyahnyah.gif
mister__joshua
Haha, awesome. I have 2 quick questions. Would you like me to read the current IC, is there a quick synopsis or is it better not to know? Also, for background, would you like the characters to be new to the shadows or not even that far, still in jobs and joining the shadows is part of the game? Cheers
Ghost_in_the_System
It seems that joining the shadows is part of the game. A good spot to be might be having recently lost your job.
Titus
Ghost is accurate. None of us are in the shadows. Oh and use a 300 point build.

I know this is not usual to some groups but I don't actually read much of the IC thread unless my character is supposed to know the other characters or the GM asks. It prevents me from accidentally having my characters know something they shouldn't.

@Ghost, Nice changes! You were able to keep everything you wanted too. biggrin.gif
JavaLamp
@mister_joshua the IC thread might get you some implied setting material, but might be difficult for metagaming. It's not required., but you can if you want.

Shadowbeat? A rocker, perhaps? niiiice
Titus
@JavaLamp

Ok, I hope this doesn't come across as dumb but considering my character is a bouncer and 4 AM (current game time) is about the time when he would get home after work, should I post a post in the In Character thread indicating so? (I am supposing the club he works at his shift ends at 3 AM and one hour to get home.)

I am asking that because one of the characters you are playing is sending Mary to pick up some people...
Ghost_in_the_System
Yes! Yes! When comes the IC posting?
JavaLamp
Sorry guys, work gets a little busy.

I'll get a post up here now.

@Ghost, thinking up your entry scenario
Ghost_in_the_System
QUOTE (JavaLamp @ Jun 8 2011, 11:39 PM) *
@Ghost, thinking up your entry scenario

Glee! It should totally involve explosions.

Okay, maybe not because I'm sure I couldn't survive an explosion within a mile of me.
JavaLamp
QUOTE (Ghost_in_the_System @ Jun 9 2011, 12:32 AM) *
Glee! It should totally involve explosions.

Okay, maybe not because I'm sure I couldn't survive an explosion within a mile of me.

Explosions, hmm... *strokes goatee*

Hey everyone, can I get your finalized characters posted in the OOC thread? We'll abandon this thread, I'll try to get them spoilerized on the front page.
TakayamaYuuko
QUOTE (Ghost_in_the_System @ Jun 8 2011, 12:38 AM) *
Also, giving 10 years warning on a run, you could research and develop something awesome for the run I'm sure biggrin.gif

The two things are roughly equivalent, I admit. My final goals would involve being probably the equivalent of double the BP I am now. So remote.

Right now, I've got just two words:

Plasteel homunculus.

Ooohh, yeah.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012